Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Centauri

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alpha Centauri
    Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 05:18
What about Alpha Centauri, anyone playing that? I suck at it, but it is a kick ass strategy
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 08:19

I played it for the longest time... for a while it was one of my favorite games... I was always dissapointed that there was never a sequel...  oh wait, there was that exansion pack, Alien Crossfire... anyways, what was your favorite faction(s) to play as? Mine was always the Spartan Federation, followed by the Human Hive, then Gaia's Stepdaughters (only because you started off so close with Mind Worms  

On another note, has anyone read the series based on the game, written by the game's own story developer, Centauri Dawn, Dragon Sun, and Twilight of the Mind?

Edited by Bryan
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 13:05
Its an awesome game!  I likd the evil Russian scientists the most!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 13:49

I really suck at the game and i never get anywhere with diplomacy and i end up being the 7th ranking in might with my 2 to 5 cities and i am always at the mercy of other factions changing diplomacy with anyone coming to talk to me. I also use my formers all wrong and my science doesn't come up with the breakthrougs fast enough. When i get to start building a secret project, the opposing faction is always nearing to a major breakthrough at the same project so i am really pathetic at this point, but waiting to approve my skill. By the way, what difficulty setting did you use. I have the librarian setting for now, but i think i am gonna lower it for training.

Maybe my fave is Gaia's Stepdaughters as i prefer green policy to industry and the "ethics of greed" of the Morganites myself, but i try to play with them all.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 05:11
I did best as Prokhor Zakharov, though on other occasions I played the Peacekeepers, the Gaians, and the Believers.

Last year I found Alien Crossfire on an abandonware site, but after I downloaded it, it wouldn't run on a computer with Windows XP.  It's a pity Firaxis stopped working with the expansion set so quickly, before they could do any updates or patches.  Most computer games seem to have a half-life on the market of three years, but I think they pulled the plug on Alien Crossfire before even the first year was up.
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 14:14
I like the Spartans best, this is really an awesome game, it's better than Civ2 and outcompetes Civ3 by far!! that#s wahat civ4 should look like, if i had the skill i would mod it to a civ-like version
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 19:50
it is truly a masterpeice.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply