Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Countries with the Biggest Army Navy Air Force

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countries with the Biggest Army Navy Air Force
    Posted: 14-Feb-2009 at 04:58
Which countries do you think have a really strong force to be reckoned with.?
Is the United States the most advanced in military or are they neck and neck with other countries.

Countries with the Most Military Aircraft: Including

Fighter Jets
Bombers
Transports
Helicopters

COUNTRIES WITH BIGGEST NAVIES

Destroyers
Air Craft Carriers
Battleships
Submarines
Amphibious Vehicles

Misc
Surface to Air Missiles
Anti Tank Guns
Body Armor
Stealth

Also lets include different weapons projects collaborated with different countries ?
How much does it cost for these military vehicles per unit ?

Edited by AksumVanguard - 14-Feb-2009 at 04:59
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2009 at 14:45
I know this is a cliche but biggest doesn't equal best. (Arab vs Israel wars).

Though it sure helps! (Russia vs Georgia).
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2009 at 16:42
Originally posted by Badassbab

I know this is a cliche but biggest doesn't equal best. (Arab vs Israel wars).

Though it sure helps! (Russia vs Georgia).

Right lets say there, was a war between China and the US who would have a bigger arsenal of weapons with Fighter Jets tanks and Submarines.

I'll try to pull up some stuff about but its hard gettin that information.

Edited by AksumVanguard - 14-Feb-2009 at 16:43
Jallaludin Akbar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2009 at 22:53
I don't think the term "biggest" fits the description well. Yea by most "powerful" i would definately have to say that the United States is ahead of other countries in terms of military power. 

Although it really depends no who declared war on who..If the United States and China went to war today, (for whatever stupid reason), the chances are likely that China's government will become highly unstable, NK will invade south korea, USA, Japan, SK, Taiwan, EU and a few other nations will form a coalition. Russia will stay neutral, watch the show, and come out in the fight as a dominant power.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2009 at 20:56
Hmmh. Doesn't the US Navy outnumber the two next navies in terms of ships (by their class, if you will)?
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2009 at 10:22
It propably does.
USA alone have something like 10 carriers, when noone else has more than one (or two perhaps). And US carriers are much bigger. 

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2009 at 18:47
Heh. Somehow my American Literature lesson today went over to Aircraft Carriers and yes, our conclusion was that while Russia has a few, they aren't working likely.. and that no one else has very many of them.
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2009 at 15:44
I think the Royal navy has a handful but they are small and they have ramps pretty cool looking.

BTW what class of aircraft carrier is the biggest now?

another thing I beleive that makes the USA potent in big knock-down dragout wars it the B-2 and the Supercarrier. It is like the Royal navy for the old British empire and roads for the Roman and Inca.
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Jonathan4290 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Jonathan4290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2009 at 22:26
Originally posted by rider

Hmmh. Doesn't the US Navy outnumber the two next navies in terms of ships (by their class, if you will)?

The US Navy has more firepower/effectiveness in ONE Carrier Battle Group than the next few navies combined I believe.
Like great battles? How about when they're animated for easy viewing?
Visit my site, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps at www.theartofbattle.com.
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2009 at 22:41

The US military has everyone else beat by a long, long shot. I think their spending is close to the rest of the world, combined.

Not only that but in any war of attrition they are also way ahead of the game, except of course in manpower. US is also the world's biggest arms manufacturer and exporter, with a massive military industrial complex. A critical component of the US economy, actually.

Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2009 at 22:44
Yes china has the edge in manpower

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 16:38
Turkey should outnumber the US Military as well, does it not?
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 17:10
Going by this chart at wikipedia, no. Though the US has references, Turkey doesn't seem to.

I thought the US had 11 carries, but on this chart it says 12. Does anyone know if one of the carrier fleets has two within it maybe?
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 17:47
Originally posted by rider

Turkey should outnumber the US Military as well, does it not?

No. Turkish military as a whole has some 1,000,000 people. US Army, USMC, Navy, USAF etc combined have more (not sure how many, but some millions).
If you are reffering to land army only, they're propably roughly equal, though I think US wins again (Turkey has some 500,000 active land army).
Russia must have quite many troops as well, though I know they've reduced their numbers greatly.

Victory needs none.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 18:35
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Going by this chart at wikipedia, no. Though the US has references, Turkey doesn't seem to.

I thought the US had 11 carries, but on this chart it says 12. Does anyone know if one of the carrier fleets has two within it maybe?

The twelfth aircraft carrier might be the George HW Bush, which is said to enter service very soon.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 03:51
Thanks Jallaludin.

Oh, and for whatever reason, I forgot to post the wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_size_of_armed_forces There you can compare the US and Turkey.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 08:04
wikipedia's article, to the extent I can confirm it, is totally inaccurate.

Victory needs none.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 20:34
Check Jane's for accurate info.
IDonT View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote IDonT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 22:04
For Aircraft carriers

US CARRIERS
Total ships --- 12    
Total tons - 1,185,000    
Total aircraft --- 1,025    
ROW CARRIERS
Total ships ------ 17    
Total tons - 558,800    
Total aircraft --- 504    
US LRG AMPHIBS
Total ships ------- 12    
Total tons -- 486.000    
Total aircraft ---- 455    
Total troops - 25,000    
ROW LRG AMPHIBS
Total ships ------ 11    
Total tons - 170,600    
Total aircraft --- 108    
Total troops - 6,400    

Modern Warships

Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2009 at 02:52
I do have to agree the china's rapid buildup of its naval arm is earning it worldwide recognition in both quality and quantity. But how does the rest of PLC's armed forces compare? 
-Mahatma Gandhi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>