Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CHINA VS ASIA (NOT INCLUDING RUSSIA)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Who will win in a war?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [21.05%]
15 [78.95%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHINA VS ASIA (NOT INCLUDING RUSSIA)
    Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 18:22

China vs. the countries of Asia, who will be victorious?
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 18:46
Japan alone would annihilate modern China's navy with only half of its. India's conventional military is better equipped. The only advantage that the PLA has is ballistic nuclear weapons such as the Lang Su which has a distance of some 8000 miles, which would not even be used unless Beijing is crazy, so this thread is indeed "crazy".
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 18:53
But China has tonnes of nuclear weapons. Plus, their tanks can easily eliminate the Indian army, just like they did in the 1960s without tanks.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 20:55
India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, and Iran(?) also have tons of nuclear weapons.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 21:17

Japan alone would annihilate modern China's navy with only half of its. India's conventional military is better equipped. The only advantage that the PLA has is ballistic nuclear weapons such as the Lang Su which has a distance of some 8000 miles, which would not even be used unless Beijing is crazy, so this thread is indeed "crazy".

no, this is wrong. india's conventional army, navy, and airfroce are all worse equipped than the pla. india's military budget is by far lower. and they did fight before for a boarder dispute. india lost every battles. and that happened long time ago when china was much technologically inferior to what it is today.

considering the new pla ships, japan's navy is around the same as the pla navy technologically. they have roughly the same number of advanced warships. if we don't count the old ships, the size of these two forces is the roungly the same.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 22:27

"no, this is wrong. india's conventional army, navy, and airfroce are all worse equipped than the pla. india's military budget is by far lower. "

PLA is stronger in term of quantity, and that is also why its military budget is higher. But India purchase much of its top weapon from Russia and other developed states which is reluctant to sell their best to China. This is why India's army is better equippted. Yes Inia's air force isn't much but Japan's is certainly better developed.

" india lost every battles."

That was in 1962, this is today.

"and that happened long time ago when china was much technologically inferior to what it is today."

So was India back then, its military is even worse.

"India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, and Iran(?) also have tons of nuclear weapons. "

Yes but none of them have ICBM's and India's missile can't even reach North China, most of its damage would only be delt in the Tibetan area, although India could probably reach Shang Hai with its newest ballistics. Bei Jing however is certainly out of their reach.

But speaking nuclear war is largely pointless since no modern state is sane enough to use it and thats why this whole scenario is nothing but a fantasy.

Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 04:09
Originally posted by warhead

Yes but none of them have ICBM's and India's missile can't even reach North China, most of its damage would only be delt in the Tibetan area, although India could probably reach Shang Hai with its newest ballistics. Bei Jing however is certainly out of their reach.

I think they should reach if fired from the Andaman And Nicorbar Islands
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 12:01
Just to make you remember: Turkey is in Asia!..
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 01:54

Japanese Navy > Chinese Navy

North Korea and South Korea, and couple others have tonnes of chemical weapons

South Korea, India, North Korea etc have ****loads of land force

add in Israel, Turkey, Syria, Pakistan, etc, etc...

Edited by I/eye
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2005 at 22:44

china's army, navy, and air forces are better equiped and technologically mroe advanced than india. that's an undisputed fact warhead.

try look up some information on www.sinodefence.com

70 percent of china's military budget is spent on equipment development, purchasing, maintence, production. it's not that expensive to support a solider in china.

china's military today only accounts for 2 million personels versus 5 million in the 70's. india has somewhere around 1.5 mil.

besides, the number of chinese advanced warships, planes, and other devices is also higher than that of india. it's true that china has thousands and thousands of outdated planes, ships. but they are mostly on reserve now while the new stuff is taking more important roles and accounts for an increasingly higher proportion.

���DZj�~�� ��������
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 21:40

lol ... i hardly believe China can pass through Indochina with full strength or even half of the original power before it reach other nations. A guerilla warfare in Vietnamese, Laotian and Cambodian jungles discourages every invader.

Vietnam used to maintain a land force of 900,000, just less than China, India, Russia and North Korea, more than the U.S army, until 1993, before it started reducing its army size.

Furthermore, where is the oil for China to run its warcrafts, if Russia doesn't count and the Mideast is on the Allied side?

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 21:51

Sources of oil:

East China Sea

South China Sea

Xinjiang

���DZj�~�� ��������
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 21:58
IMHO with a combined Japanese, SK, Indian, and ect fleet, China won't have control over the seas...

coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 01:40
not if china uses nuclear warhead.
���DZj�~�� ��������
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 01:43
Country Number Year of first test
United States 10,240 1945
Russia (formerly the Soviet Union) 8,400 1949
People's Republic of China 390 1964
France 350 1960
United Kingdom 200-300 1952
India 60-90 1974
Pakistan 55-250 1998

Declared nuclear states in order of total number of warheads

���DZj�~�� ��������
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 03:35
could you give a source to that table, i am 90% certain that pakistan does not have more nukes than us!
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 04:05

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/List_of_countries_with_ nuclear_weapons

that's what i thought.

or maybe it's because pakistan got china to help it out. india did everything on its own.

the table shows data of 2002. russia and the us inventories have decreased due to their agreement and china and france's inventories have increased. britain's inventory hasn't changed.

���DZj�~�� ��������
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 09:24
thats strange

i'll try to see if any other site matches that

edit : i would also sugest that you read the economy part of the link you just provided, as it backs up quite alot i will write in a future post (probably tonight, still working on it)

Edited by Anujkhamar
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 17:42

i know a lot about economics. what do u wanna talk about?

���DZj�~�� ��������
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 20:53
Originally posted by coolstorm

not if china uses nuclear warhead.

The question remains if China would resort to such actions...

Many of China's neighbors also have nukes..but I'm not to sure about thier missile capabilities...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>