Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1453/volcanic eruption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1453/volcanic eruption
    Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 20:29
I recall reading that the strange weather during the siege of Contantinople was due to a volcanic eruption around Indoneasia in either 1452 or 1453. I cannot find this source since a lot of my books are in tote boxes for my move to Arizona.

Can anyone recall this and please provide a source. I think it might have been in a book titled "1453>"

I will look it up online as well but I am wondering if this eruption took place about the same time as the decline of the Anasazi Indians. If the dates correspond then I wonder if it is just a conicidence?? I will look into it!! and add any results later. I will also ask the director of Amerind Foundation.

It did not take long to find this link:
http://climate.envsci.rutgers.edu/pdf/GaoKuwae2005JD006710.pdf

A gold mine on the internet - I am familar with this source- I have read their magazines
http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/199606/constantinople.s.volcanic.twilight.htm

Edited by eaglecap - 02-Feb-2009 at 21:00
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2012 at 19:18
Interesting theory. I've not heard of this before
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2012 at 11:12
I have known that theory. According to legend, on conquest day the sun was disappeared after a short while it rose.

It is far away from Indonesia. The name of the volcano is Kuwae Volcano which is in Vanuatu but we need to find more clue as the decline of the Anasazi Indians
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2012 at 13:30
Yes fall of Constantinople came after it.SmileDating please?Sunday i suppose.
http://www.thenagain.info/webchron/easteurope/fallconstantin.html
 Post Reply Post Reply