Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Food Fans Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food Fans Club
    Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 02:42
Amerindians? Of course they have a sea food culture. The Inca in Cuzco, at several thousand of feets of altitude, eated fresh fish, thanks to the couriers that carry him fish, running hundred of kilometers from the coast in a single day.

Anyways. The Pacific ocean is very cold in the South American coast and as such in full of fish and all forms of sea food. So we eat almost anything that swim. In any case, our most espectacular sea food is Curanto. It is similar to the Polynesian ahu. It is a food cooked in red-hot stones, underground. It contains clams, fish, crabs and many different kind of sea food, together with potatos and many vegetables, all covered up with leaves, and cooked at the steam. It is a tradition mainly of a place of Chile called Chiloe Island:

Edited by pinguin - 18-Mar-2009 at 02:43
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2009 at 12:05
i like clams ... but this one species of clams i won't dare to eat.. that's for sure.Dead

Name: Geoduck Clam

Geoduck after cook

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2009 at 04:37
One thing Greeks, Turks or Arabs cannot claim is Chocolate which had it origins in the south American jungles. On this computer I cannot post images of chocolate treats but for me it is food from the gods. Just imagine how many different forms chocolate takes and it all comes from the coca coca pod. I use to buy the beans and then smash them up and mix it with honey. Boy, what an energy rush that is better than coffee and you do not crash.   Just think of it anywhere from chocolate covered ants to swiss chocalate. My favorite is serranos from Greece and Turkish chocolate bars with pistachios, you cannot find the latter in the USA so I have to request it from friends in Turkey, The 007 movie Gold Finger should have been named chocolate finger. If she had been covered in chocolate instead of gold paint the actress might have lived-   
can someone post of chocolate treats for me
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 19:26
mmmmmmmmm CHOC-O-LATE !! Food of the gods!!

By Seitti on Flickr

By ShamsD on Flickr

Name: Gooy_20Chocolate_20II.jpg

By Dave Ward Photography on Flickr

By Like_the_Grand_Canyon on Flickr

I really miss these ones from Turkey

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 19:32
May the farm be with you!!

Food Wars starring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl4nYc77TAU

I could not resist this one for food fan club so go organic!!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 14:59
Originally posted by es_bih

Koobide is delicous actually love a lot of Persian food. Turkish/Bosnian/Balkan food. Tried Japanese, Filipinno, Indian, Pakistani, Arabic variants of Med. food. Mexican. For one live in Chicago and surrounded with different ethnic backgrounds, two have friends that I grew up with that are of a lot of backgrounds, too.

The Turkish and Bosnian places in Chicago are pretty good.

Restaurant Sarajevo for one is good for a lot of grilled varieties of Bosnian varaints of Med. food.

Arkadas and Ala Turka are two good Turkish places.

Andie's is a good general Mediterannean place.

And Reza's is one of the best Persian places here.

So Do I I Love The Turkish Foof
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2009 at 18:23
20/03 - Had dinner with my friend in Thai Express. I really love the starter dish. It calls Tau fu Pok.. It's a tau foo stuck with chicken meat. Serve with chili sauce and taste very nice.. try it while its still hot... awesome!!

for desert, I had vanilla ice cream with blended red bean.. yummy!

12/04 - My 5th years of anniversary. I had been worked in the same company for that long.
so me and my friends decided to had a dinner in a restaurant called Tony Roma's.

I had Shrimp Pasta (can't really remember the exact name)

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 01:27
I am a big fan of Indian Cuisine, my girlfriend and I have cooked a few dishes mostly Potatoes in a tangy yogurt sauce.  I have made all sorts of curries, they are delicious, my favorites are Chicken Korma and Chicken Masala.  Tonight for dinner I made Aloo Saag (Spinach and Potatoes) one of my favorite dishes of all time.  Here is what it looked like:
Sorry for the poor quality I took the picture with my phone.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 03:03
Cahaya, what is inside the dressing in first picture? I love Thai dressing specially their sweet dressings.

King John, how do you make Aloo saag?  Cook it or fry? what else do you add? it looks delicious.
Anfører
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 06:59
It's essentially pan fried.

Take the potatoes, wash them then quarter them.  In a pan heat 4tbsp oil put in potatoes brown on all sides.  Once browned take out the potatoes and remove all oil except for 1tbsp. 

In that 1tbsp of oil fry 1tsp cumin seeds, two green chilies (I use jalapenos or seranos or a combination of the two depending on if I'm cooking for myself or for the girlfriend and myself), two dried red chilies, one onion chopped, 4 cloves garlic and 1 inch fresh ginger peeled (crushed into a paste–I use the back of my knife after I have finely diced both) until the onions are golden brown.  

At this point put the potatoes back in a cover, cooking until the potatoes are tender when poked with a sharp knife.  stir occasionally

Put in the spinach (washed and chopped) stirring well so that all is incorporated, let cook until the excess liquid is gone and the spinach has wilted.

That's pretty much how you make Aloo Saag, I like to put a few pieces of fresh chopped tomato on top as a garnish to make it look all pretty like.  This is actually one of the first things I ever cooked for my girlfriend almost two years ago.  I did that whole thing from memory so their might be a few things missing but it looks right, I can check the recipe tomorrow and edit this post if I forgot anything.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 07:13
Very good. It is better if you add some chopped basil or cilantro. 
Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 13:33
Originally posted by Suren

Cahaya, what is inside the dressing in first picture? I love Thai dressing specially their sweet dressings.

King John, how do you make Aloo saag?  Cook it or fry? what else do you add? it looks delicious.

u mean the stuffed toufu? inside it.. chicken meat..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567