Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Food Fans Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Jallaludin Akbar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food Fans Club
    Posted: 02-Feb-2009 at 21:54
Yea well beat this!

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 08:41
Burger King is better. Tongue
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 08:49
In and Out is US number one burger

Anfører
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 12:02
In and Out? Are you sure it's only burgers one buys there? LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 16:23
Originally posted by Reginmund

Shocked Tongue
Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 16:51
Originally posted by cahaya

Originally posted by Reginmund

Shocked Tongue
Tongue

Star
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 17:28
AllEmpires: ^^^

About as close to raunchiness as it gets. LOL

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 16:41
Malay light dishes.. can be eaten either as a dessert or a snack during tea time..

Kuih Serimuka.. it tastes sweet..

Kuih Lapis .. sweet dish

Taste a little bit spicy.. the name is cucur badak..

Kuih Cara Berlauk..

Kuih Popia Goreng.. It has two way to prepare Popia.. one is by frying or not
my fav is the non fried..

Pulut Panggang or Pulut Udang

Edited by cahaya - 07-Feb-2009 at 16:52
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 23:02
Looking at this food makes me want to head home and eat! Missed lunch again!!

My cooking is always a little of this and a little of that but for some reason it comes out good or at least 99% of the time.

One exception was when cooked for an old girlfriend and her five year old daughter said to me, " this soup is yucky!!

Things usually work out and the next time I made some of my Mexican chilly and she loved it.

I usually cook either Mexican, Italian or my own version of Mediterranean- olive oil and feta cheese. I sometimes cook off the wall things like my grilled cheese sandwich with chedder, feta, chicken, egg cooked well over easy, fish sticks sandwich with a topping of virgin olive oil. Quite a combo which falls apart easy- eat with care.

My roommates in Istanbul loved my Mexican chilly with Turkish ingrediants-

I can never follow recipies although I would love to eat some of the food displayed here.

Edited by eaglecap - 09-Feb-2009 at 21:04
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2009 at 02:37
Originally posted by Suren

Ghorme Sabzi (Vegetable and Beef)

one of my favorite dish, this is with the spinach right?
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2009 at 21:03
Originally posted by Jallaludin Akbar

Yea well beat this!

here -

from Dicks in Spokane, WA

By Rachel-B on Flickr

From my favorite Greek Middle Eastern resturant also in Spokane:

Edited by eaglecap - 09-Feb-2009 at 21:05
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2009 at 23:05
there is always Taco Bell

I really do not like fast food.

Now this does the trip -real Mexican food - yummmmm!!

By sfPhotocraft on Flickr
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2009 at 04:56
The mexican food.. edgy.. wht else other than rice? eggs and wht is the gravy kind of thing??
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2009 at 06:36

Here in Canada we have poutine. I'm not going to post pictures because most dishes look disgusting in pictures, and none moreso than poutine, which resembles somebody's lunch thrown up. So I'll just describe it. Poutine is a sloppy, gooey dish consisting of big, thick-cut deep-fried French fries with hot gravy and melted cheese curds. If you're in the mood for fast food, it's really really good.

It's also really really bad for you. A serving of (real) poutine has so much cholesterol and whatnot it makes McDonald's look like a health food store. Some people compete with each other for who can make the biggest 'cholesterol bomb' by adding beef, bacon, sausage, smoked meat, and eggs.

Fast food chains up here do sell what they call 'poutine' but its not real poutine. It's just those measley little shoestring fries that they usually sell but 'poutinized' ie they add a meager little bit of thin gravy and a drop of melted cheeselike stuff. If you want the real poutine your best bet is to go to Montreal, and go to either one of the poutine vendors' roadside trucks or one of the more famous Montreal delis like Schwartz's Hebrew Delicatessen.

Edited by edgewaters - 12-Feb-2009 at 06:53
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2009 at 19:27
It does look like somebody's throw up.. but i didnt realise that until u said.. so the gravvy kind of thing is call poutine? so the gravy is like curry? i am so curious wht is it btw.. how to make it? 

Edited by cahaya - 12-Feb-2009 at 19:28
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2009 at 19:43
Originally posted by cahaya

The mexican food.. edgy.. wht else other than rice? eggs and wht is the gravy kind of thing??

No eggs that is cheese, mostly cheddar cheese with sour cream and guacamole made from and avocado. Next to the rice is refried beans and the tostadas probably have beef or chicken rolled into it. In Mexico pork is not uncommon but eating pork down there is risky if it is not cooked well.
My favorite Mexican dish made of chicken and rice.   Mexican food is top on my list of favorites but I grew up with it and cook that way as well. I am starting to date a Mexican American gal so I want to impress her- LOL

By Leti-ta on Flickr

cahaya here is a recipe for you - try it you might like it!!!
http://kidshealth.org/parent/recipes/lactose/li_mexican_chicken.html

I would skip the soy cheese and use real chedder cheese

I really miss Turkish food which is also top on my list. I thought Istanbul had some of the best resturants and cheap. I never forget the time I bought a quarter pounder with cheese at McDonalds, while in Istanbul, and took a bite and threw it away. I then walked to a small outlet and got some real food- Turkish.
Now doesn't this make you hungry???

Edited by eaglecap - 12-Feb-2009 at 21:18
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2009 at 21:57
Originally posted by Leonidas

Originally posted by Suren

Ghorme Sabzi (Vegetable and Beef)

one of my favorite dish, this is with the spinach right?
No, it is not, but some Iranians who live abroad may use spinach when they can not find other kind of vegetables.
Anfører
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2009 at 22:20
This was always one of my favorite Greek foods my mother made.
Spanakopita:

By Meighan on Flickr
Since breafast is not big in Greece like America I would usually eat Spanakopita for breafast while I was in Athens, both trips.

since the one Greek food resturant here in town is more Mexican I will have to learn to make this myself someday- looks hard.

Now this brings back fond memeries of my late mother's cooking and with lemon sauce on it: mmmmmm!!

By Girl Interrupted Eating on Flickr
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2009 at 00:25
What is the last one eaglecap?
We have the spinach pita and burkek in Bosnia, too - absolutely delicious.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2009 at 09:52
Originally posted by es_bih

What is the last one eaglecap?

I think they are space alien cocoons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>