Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creation of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creation of Islam
    Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 13:52
The fact is that he was just a merchant who travelled to some neighbour countires of Arabia and learnt somethings from the followers of those religion (of course not very good, anyway he was illiterate and could just rely on his memory) and came back home and narrated them to the people of an isolated desert region, who had never heard these things,

Yeah, Yeah Prophet was only one who interested with trade..Ermm

Now It make sense..

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 13:13
Originally posted by Suren

Are you serious Cyrus? I hope not!Confused
Astaghfirallah! LOL
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 08:50
  Edited to make sure no body misunderstand.

Edited by Suren - 23-Jan-2009 at 17:58
Anfører
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 08:44

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I want really to know the self created religion of this illiterate man which was just a heterogeneous mixture of Christianity, Judaism and pagan religions such as Mazdakism, Manichaeism and Zoroastrianism, could be a divine religion?!!

IMHO, there is no such thing. Just cult leaders, petty ones and larger-than-life ones.

The really good ones are able to do just what you describe: they take bits and pieces and build a brand new model. Like a car manufacturer. They use succesful things from earlier designs, add a few new twists, and come out with a shiny new religion. The petty ones just mimic the great ones in a watered-down sort of way, and are quickly forgotten.

The really great ones are very rare, because it requires a very unique combination of talents. They have to be brilliant, true geniuses, in order to create a very appealing religious system which can mesmerize people, and they have to be extremely charismatic to get it off the ground. Genius and charisma tend to be a rare combination, all the more so when both qualities are taken to such extreme heights. Figures like this were probably like a cross between Einstein and Kennedy (or, perhaps to be more current, Obama and Stephen Hawking).

You get a combination like that and they're going to do something incredible ... really transform the world, shake it to its roots ... even though I don't consider them to have been talking directly to God, I can definately understand how such a person could give that impression. It would very much seem that way if you were to meet someone like that in person. Some of them probably posed as gods, themselves.

Edited by edgewaters - 22-Jan-2009 at 08:49
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 08:07
  Viva Abu muslim.

Edited by Suren - 23-Jan-2009 at 17:57
Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 07:57
LOL
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 07:56
you must tell ali sina this fact and destroy the foundation of islam, the wold must know the truth cyrus, zoroaster zindabad, israel zindabad and shahmiri zindabad
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 07:50
Originally posted by Suren

Originally posted by es_bih

And the fun continues...

I was going to say more, but I will let this brilliant comment by Omar do it for me:
Originally posted by Omar

(And seriously, the Sassanids lost 1300 years ago. Get over it already!)

Sassanids are back better watch yourselfWink

Star
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 07:44
Originally posted by es_bih

And the fun continues...

I was going to say more, but I will let this brilliant comment by Omar do it for me:

Sassanids are back better watch yourselfWink
Anfører
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 07:43
Are you serious Cyrus? I hope not!Confused

Edited by Suren - 22-Jan-2009 at 07:48
Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 07:40
And the fun continues...

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2009 at 06:45
There is a thread in "Philosophy and Theology" forum with the title: "Who was jesus, Prophet?", it is good that I also ask here "Who was Muhammad, prophet?"

I want really to know the self created religion of this illiterate man which was just a heterogeneous mixture of Christianity, Judaism and pagan religions such as Mazdakism, Manichaeism and Zoroastrianism, could be a divine religion?!! The fact is that he was just a merchant who travelled to some neighbour countires of Arabia and learnt somethings from the followers of those religion (of course not very good, anyway he was illiterate and could just rely on his memory) and came back home and narrated them to the people of an isolated desert region, who had never heard these things, The book, which was collected later from his stories, is full of errors. There are numrous non-Arbaic (Greek, Persian, Latin, ...) relgious words in this book, that about most of them, we see the narrator had not understood the meaning of them correctly, like the word al-Fardos (Paradise)!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234