Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are your...vices?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are your...vices?
    Posted: 04-Jan-2009 at 23:07
Originally posted by TheARRGH

I tend to--privately--think of myself as special.

Bingo!

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 00:34
Originally posted by Dolphin

Bingo!

Yeah, that's the big one. It's less a factor in how I behave, and more just a part of how I think.

I've been to mexico to build a house, helped crew a 127-foot schooner, worked in the Institute for Systems Biology, learned a smattering of martial arts, turned myself from "skinny geek" to "physically fit guy who is geeky..."

I haven't really encountered a task I flat-out can't do, or learn to do. Consequently, a certain "I must just be awesome" viewpoint.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 00:35
Arrogant
sarcastic
terrible weakness for weird/bad/stupid puns and/or dark/grim jokes what pun! oops
moody
anger
vain
smart alecky
cetain things about people (mannerisms etc.) just annoy me
when people talk and I don't like it it and they don't read my mind and shut up it annoys me
I (privately) consider most people to be stupid, (whoops didn't mean to say that!EmbarrassedBig smile)

Edited by Count Belisarius - 05-Jan-2009 at 04:15
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 00:40
I enjoy chocolate way too much =0
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 00:41
Oh yeah forgot chocolate and fizzy drinks 
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 01:39
I really dislike people who aren't prepared to learn, and who follow rules without understanding why they follow them.

I'm also a Larrikin, and quite socially conservative (or I would've been in my parent generation, conservatism has moved...), but these aren't necessarily vices they just mean sometimes I'm a little too straightforward...

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 05-Jan-2009 at 01:41
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 03:19
I don't drink a lot and I don't smoke a lot so I don't think Im overtly hedonist as far as the pleasures of the flesh are concerned. I'm quite apathetic to the opposite sex from what I see and hear some other people I know do.

A bit anti-social maybe and emotionally un-attached to those who are close to me with a bit of laziness in the mix. I'm often at odds with authority figures everywhere I go and experience sometimes anger without a clear reason why.

I hate it that people in Western countries are so self-conscious to the point of psychosis and think of themselves often too negatively. Like yourself about some things, try to improve others you don't like as much and don't think about morality too much.... its always changing.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 12:14
Stubbornness and know-it-all attitude are my greatest problems. With a little lack of initiative that can turn in idleness (seldom, but in key situation). Way too chaotic and unpredictable. 

Edited by Illirac - 06-Jan-2009 at 11:14
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Lilly Augusta View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Lilly Augusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 12:45
Sugar...and menLOL!!!
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 13:26
You know, many of the vices that people have said seem to be quite similar. I don't want to troll or say anything offensive, but it's known that people such as us usually are more socially distant and in some respects, asbergic.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 16:27
-I dont drink... i dont smoke.. i dont go for clubbing.. i'm a boring person.. Geek
-if i see nice shoes... definitely will buy... no second thought.
-bad luck in love.. Cry - Broken Heart .. boohooo!!!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2009 at 18:22
Originally posted by Aster Thrax Eupator

You know, many of the vices that people have said seem to be quite similar. I don't want to troll or say anything offensive, but it's known that people such as us usually are more socially distant and in some respects, asbergic.

Noticed that myself. There seems to be a lot of narcissistic sentiment, paired with a feeling of laziness(which is actually usually only high standards that create the anxiety which most people don't feel, so don't consider themselves lazy), social aloofness, and a general disregard for those who just don't get it(my mother tells me this goes away with age, because you soon realise that no matter what you know, it adds up to very little in the grand scale of things). 

Some general traits associated with the academic sphere I suppose.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2009 at 21:48
Women, chocolate, locally roasted coffee, nutella, hiking, chocolate covered ants, travel, beer was once on the list but I rarely drink although I prefer micro brew only. I can never get enough chocolate!!! I like good wines also but I rarely drink that as well; Greek red dry wines and Walla Walla wines are the best.

I miss those Greek chocolate bars Serranos- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhh
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2009 at 22:09
Serranos you say? Hmm, remind me the next time I visit a greek specialty shop to look for some of these delights =0
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2009 at 23:14
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Serranos you say? Hmm, remind me the next time I visit a greek specialty shop to look for some of these delights =0

One of my Greek friend says he no longer sees them anywhere in Greece. We did a chocolate exchange a few times; serranos for Dove bars- his wife loves them. I also did a chocolate exchange with a Turkish friend in Istanbul because you cannot get chocoate with pistachios in them anywhere in the USA. I should contact her again for another exchange but this time Turkish Dorritos- yummmmmm

Another vice is good ethnic food; Mexican, Greek, Chinese, Italian and now Turkish. The list could grow much longer but I will keep it here.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2009 at 01:18
I LOVE Turkish food! Especially pide! Turkey taught me that yoghurt goes with everything! I like Turkish delight, Halva and Hookah pipes a bit too much as well! Wonderful people the Turks. If I had a TARDIS, I'd go back in time and given Suleiman's forces machineguns - just so that we could have Turkish delight today 24/7!

Greek food is also wonderful! Gyron...yum! I've been trying to cook it at home, but it's hard without a spit.

...actually all southern European and middle eastern food is good! Another food from colder climes is this Solvakian dish made out of a potato-corn mush. I don't know how to write it, but phonetically it sounds like bredabar halushki
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2009 at 09:57

You do like chocolate so much.. dont u??? ShockedShocked
Usually.. girls who like this kind of thing Tongue
Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2009 at 10:07
Originally posted by eaglecap

chocolate covered ants,

I'm sorry...WHAT?LOL
A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2009 at 14:42
Originally posted by cahaya

You do like chocolate so much.. dont u??? ShockedShockedUsually.. girls who like this kind of thing Tongue

Woah! I dont see why girls should have a monopoly over chocolates thats just not fair!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2009 at 16:08
LOL no worry.. u can have any choc in the world if u want to..

for me..  i cant resist Amplang.. it's traditional cracker from Sabah..

http://www.sabahtourism.com/sabah-malaysian-borneo/en/eatingout/261-amplang/

I wont share with anyone.. My friend bought for me like half kg packet of Amplang ..2 days back.. now left half packet only.. see wht i mean??

(wohooo!! my 1000th post.. yeay!!)

Edited by cahaya - 07-Jan-2009 at 16:10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>