Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interracial dating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interracial dating
    Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:57
Originally posted by es_bih

Your opinion and your entitled to it (although I deem it a rather regressive and racist one), but I must disagree based on personal experience and deductions from successful relations all around me.

We have a different underastanding of succesful relation. Yes, there are couples that work well and they believe they are happy (because of their limited horizon and intoxication with clichees) but is not what I personally want.

And I think I have a more mature than you understanding of the matter, I see it in the perspective of eternity.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:58
I don't get you.
I was just pointing out to cultural differences.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:58
Originally posted by es_bih

LOL LOL LOL LOLI love how "they believe," assuming that you know better than them what they think and believe. Is there anything on this world that is not an illusion Menu, I mean pretty much everything you disagree with is an illusion so far as mentioned by yourself.

I answer you on private.

Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 02:18

I have no problem with it

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 05:27
Originally posted by JanusRook

Do you agree with interracial dating?

No I think it's a horrible and terrible idea, I mean just look at it....

Sickening isn't it?

That's awesome. You have a beautiful babe over there JanusRook. Deos she have a sister? give me her number!Wink
Anfører
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 09:42
Originally posted by xristar

*is it me, or here in greece we're kinda deprived?CoolLOL*

LOL. I don't think so. Our women are giving us a hard time but we're not deprived for that reason. I was so possitive in answering on this thread because of past experiences. I have a long history of interacial relationships and personally i feel it was a good experience.

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 10:21
Originally posted by Suren

I just heard 70% of African American women are single! is that true? why? Do you agree with interracial dating? plz come and share your opinion.

Hey do they still give those Greed Cards??Big%20smile
A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 11:05
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Doesn't that mean there should also be a lot of unmarried white men?
If the total number of 'blacks' and 'whites' was similar, yes, but there are lots more 'whites'. And single white males have an easier economic time of it than single black women, so the deficiency doesn't matter so much.

Originally posted by Suren

Polygamy is the answer Wink! Islamic law is kicking on the US door Embarrassed
In the war between the sexes, why reinforce the enemy?

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 13:16
Phrased in better words than Menu cultural elements do play a major part in successful relationships so primarily people do end up marrying people from similar cultures (which would be why this thread could have possibly existed in the first place).

I agree though, culture does play an important part in attraction, however culture is not determined by "race". Me and my girlfriend are from similar cultures and thus we share a lot in common. Menu, have you ever seen Brazilians? How do they fit into your idea of culture?

No I agree with Menumorut, the closer the better. I'm asking my sister on a date tomorrow. 

Reginmund, from what I know of you, I wouldn't put anything past you.....

That's awesome. You have a beautiful babe over there JanusRook. Deos she have a sister? give me her number!

Thanks Suren, I'm sure she'll appreciate the compliment. She actually does have a half-sister, but I don't think her boyfriend would be to happy about her number being given out.

I have a long history of interacial relationships and personally i feel it was a good experience.

See to me 'interracial' relationships shouldn't be seen as any different than any other relationship. I mean as far as I'm concerned race is the farthest thing from my mind when it comes to who I'm attracted to. I mean there are bound to be culture clashes but then again you'll have things like that even in same race relationships, so basically as long as two people get along, and have a good time why even acknowledge such a trivial difference.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 13:41

Menu, have you ever seen Brazilians? How do they fit into your idea of culture?

What you mean with this? To make me seem racist?

Shouldn't I have expressed what I believe?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 14:09

I believe that social status, place of living, education, work, hobbies and tastes are a lot more important that race or ethniticity among people and future couples.

For instance, most of the times it is difficult to marry rich and highly educated people with poor, analphabet kind, no matter both could be of the same ethnic background and race.

By contrast, computer engineers, navy people or medical staff, have more things in common between themselves that people outside theirs activities, so there race or ethnicity seem less important in theirs relationships.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 15:15

I agree though, culture does play an important part in attraction, however culture is not determined by "race". Me and my girlfriend are from similar cultures and thus we share a lot in common. Menu, have you ever seen Brazilians? How do they fit into your idea of culture?

That definetly is true, it is not determined by "race." And even then culture may not be the determining factor as often.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 15:17
Originally posted by Janus

See to me 'interracial' relationships shouldn't be seen as any different than any other relationship. I mean as far as I'm concerned race is the farthest thing from my mind when it comes to who I'm attracted to. I mean there are bound to be culture clashes but then again you'll have things like that even in same race relationships, so basically as long as two people get along, and have a good time why even acknowledge such a trivial difference.

Got to agree
calvo View Drop Down
General
General

Quote calvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 16:06
"Race" today is often confused with "ethnicity" or "nationality"; so what people refer to as "race" could mean a different thing from one country to another.

Personally, I've always found women of all "looks" attractive as long as they have a sexy body, a beautiful face, and a warm smile.

However, I must say that many people (excluding myself), who have been brought up in very ethnically and racially homogeneous countries, and who have not travelled a lot or dealt with many outsiders; the idea of dating someone who doesn't belong to their "group" can be shocking, because its something they're not used to .

Take Spain for example, up until 10 years ago there were hardly any foreigners here, and even fewer people of a different colour. Among the people who had been brought up back then (people now aged 30+), "foreigners" were either idealised or demonized; and the attitude towards interracial dating tends to be rather polarised: some Spaniards are attracted ONLY to "exotic" foreigners; while others (the majority) would ONLY date Spaniards and the mere idea of dating a non-Spaniard is unthinkable.
Also, among this age group, it is almost far more socially acceptable for a Spanish man to date a foreign (esp darker-skinned) girl than the other way around.

Where I work there is a girl who is married to a Russian; and many pronvincial-minded collegues say: "God, she's wierd! With so many Spanish men around while would she marry a Russian?"
I could imagine that if she was married to a Black Africans the comment would be even more extreme.
On the other hand, there are a handful of male colleagues married to Latin American girls, and people don't tend to make such a fuss about it.

Among the younger generation, however, attitudes have changed. Teengers and people in their 20s have often grown up sharing neighbourhoods with Latin Americans, Africans, and Eastern Europeans; and "nationality" or "race" doesn't seem to be a major factor in dating.
In the center of Madrid and Barcelona you get to see more and more mixed couples; but most of them are under 25.

1 in every 10 marriages in Spain now are mixed-nationality; with the most common combination being a Spanish man with a Latin American woman.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 16:29
Originally posted by calvo

Among the younger generation, however, attitudes have changed. Teengers and people in their 20s have often grown up sharing neighbourhoods with Latin Americans, Africans, and Eastern Europeans; and "nationality" or "race" doesn't seem to be a major factor in dating.
In the center of Madrid and Barcelona you get to see more and more mixed couples; but most of them are under 25.

1 in every 10 marriages in Spain now are mixed-nationality; with the most common combination being a Spanish man with a Latin American woman.

That's curious. We, Latin Americans, don't consider Spaniards to be of a different "race" or "ethnicity". For us, Spaniards are just an Hispanic people more, that don't know how to speak Spanish properly LOL

Jesus! When I was a kid there was a Spaniard owning every breadmaking shop, and every wood schop in my country! And they even weared theirs Basque hats!

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 23:09

What you mean with this? To make me seem racist?

No I was just showing that culture can be independent of 'race'. So that when you say that people should practice endogamous relationships, (which isn't a racist statement), in a lot of cultures they do not have to be of the same race to have the same culture. So that you shouldn't reject interracial relationships outright, because what if the child adopts your culture? Or do you believe one can never adopt any other culture other than their own?

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2008 at 00:37
I think we all should hook up with partners as different from ourselves as possible in respect to colour, culture, ethnicity, etc.
One day our decendants would all look alike and the ugly face of racsism and "me better than you" attitude would be history.

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2008 at 00:37
I didn't say about endogamous. Just suggest that inter-cultural marriage is not as happy as one within your ethnic group. Not matter if is the same or other country, a different ethnic group represents another way of feeling that makes the other person remain a stranger to you in some degree.

Anybody can adopt any culture but will not be as his native culture.

Originally posted by Northman

I think we all should hook up with partners as different from ourselves as possible in respect to colour, culture, ethnicity, etc.
One day our decendants would all look alike and the ugly face of racsism and "me better than you" attitude would be history.

I hope you are joking, because sounds like another social ideological program.

Racism and extremist Nationalism cann't be combated with Multiculturalism because the last is another doctrine with no respect for human aspirations. Ethnicity is part of our identity as human beings, denying this means alienation, indoctrination. And here I'm NOT refering to inter-cultural marriage but strictly to this kind of propaganda.

Edited by Menumorut - 23-Nov-2008 at 01:03

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2008 at 01:41

No I was just showing that culture can be independent of 'race'. So that when you say that people should practice endogamous relationships, (which isn't a racist statement), in a lot of cultures they do not have to be of the same race to have the same culture. So that you shouldn't reject interracial relationships outright, because what if the child adopts your culture? Or do you believe one can never adopt any other culture other than their own?

Yes exactly. I know of a girl who when interviewing potential housemates tells them that she doesn't care about race, religion, or sex but she does insist that they are not a Liberal voter. So in this case the cultural divide does not run on racial grounds, but on political views.
Her culture could be considered "anti-Liberal" and not related to her race.
Originally posted by Northman

I think we all should hook up with partners as different from ourselves as possible in respect to colour, culture, ethnicity, etc.
One day our decendants would all look alike and the ugly face of racsism and "me better than you" attitude would be history.

I don't think this will make a difference. People will just redefine the group, could be family, place of birth, knowledge of Bradmans batting average etc. Racism is just a type of "groupism".
Originally posted by Menu

Just suggest that inter-cultural marriage is not as happy as one within your ethnic group.

But you can have an inter-cultural marriage inside your ethnic group (for example, do you really consider an atheist communist feminist to have the same culture as you Menu?), or a intra-cultural one outside your ethnic group (for example someone who shared you exact world outlook & religious views but just so happened to be born somewhere else)

As Pinguin said, what do a wealthy, highly educated, upper class person and a poor, illiterate farm worker have in common other than ethnicity?
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2008 at 01:53
the ethic question of interracial relationship is still yet to be debated. However, there are certain advantages of interracial marriages if you look at this issue from a scientific point of view; it has been established that interracial marriage tend to produce greater genetic variation, therefore not only is it okay to date someone from different race, it should in fact be encouraged.

Edited by Siege Tower - 23-Nov-2008 at 02:00
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>