Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interracial dating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interracial dating
    Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 19:14
I just heard 70% of African American women are single! is that true? why? Do you agree with interracial dating? plz come and share your opinion.

Edited by Suren - 20-Nov-2008 at 19:18
Anfører
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 19:19
Absolutely! Smile
I agree!

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 19:20
Single? mmmmm....does this mean that i should change country????Tongue
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 23:23
Do you agree with interracial dating?

No I think it's a horrible and terrible idea, I mean just look at it....

Sickening isn't it?

Edited by JanusRook - 20-Nov-2008 at 23:24
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 00:07

70% are single?

xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 00:59
*is it me, or here in greece we're kinda deprived?CoolLOL*

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 08:40
Of course I agree with interracial dating, as long as I'm the one doing it.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 11:32
What percentage of African-American males are single?
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 11:53
30%? Big%20smile
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 12:06
There was an article by a scientist on this in the New Scientist recently.

Many black males are either dead or in jail. Also the society more readily accepts black males marrying white women, but not vice versa. So black women eligible for marriage outnumber black men by a huge margin. Which means that many will never get married and have a stable family life, and they will be single parents.

I dug it out:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19926726.400-perspectives-still-a-question-of-black-vs-white.html

What needs to be done is the state to accept this situation (that many black women won't have a 'normal' family life) and move in to improve the lot of single black mothers. Fat chance of that happening with the Republican 'family values' morons running the country, blaming the women themselves for this situation. Of course they are blacks so who cares?

We'll see if Obama will change anything.

Edited by Beylerbeyi - 21-Nov-2008 at 13:54
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 17:06
Polygamy is the answer Wink! Islamic law is kicking on the US door Embarrassed
Anfører
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 19:30
I see no problem with something that has been going on for God knows how long. I have dated a Japanese and Korean gal in the past. I find Mexican women attractive; Greek, Turkish and swiss also
My current girlfriend is: Norwegian, Swedish and German but that is really the same ethnic groups in my opinion. Here I am mostly; Greek, German and Irish- other - what a mutt
If it had not been for a native american ancestor I would not be here.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 23:51
Probably I'm the only one against 'racial' dating here.

Firstly, there are not human races, the expression interracial may apply to animals.

I'm not only against dating between people of different types ('Caucasian', Asian, Black) but against marriage (I'm against extramarital relations idea too) between people from different ethnicities, because I think is an artificial relation. You and your spouse must be from the same people, else the cultural element will play a negative role in your relation.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 00:26
Phrased in better words than Menu cultural elements do play a major part in successful relationships so primarily people do end up marrying people from similar cultures (which would be why this thread could have possibly existed in the first place).
However people are very diverse and just because you were born into a particular culture it doesn't mean you aren't really attracted to other cultures. So there is a significant number of people who aren't the culture they would appear to be, or just love being in someone elses.

In other words, people marry people who are similar to them. Sometimes this will follow another identifiable boundary like white men not marrying black women, or the upper classes marrying upper classes, but also quite often it does not because artificial boundaries usually don't describe actual people.

~ Just a question Menu, I don't have an ethnicity so who should I marry?

Originally posted by Bey

Also the society more readily accepts black males marrying white women, but not vice versa. So black women eligible for marriage outnumber black men by a huge margin. Which means that many will never get married and have a stable family life, and they will be single parents.

Doesn't that mean there should also be a lot of unmarried white men?

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 22-Nov-2008 at 00:30
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:27
To have a deep relation, it has not to be something cultural. You marry to become one with the other, not to discover cultures. An even if you are attracted by the person, not by the culture, the cultural difference is a barrier in getting in the other's soul.

I admit that my idea is grounded on the belief that God has for everyone a pair soul and you have to wait to find it, not to hurry attracted by different ideas, including the 'inter-cultural' one. And perhaps some are destined to remain singles.

Don't take this as a fix rule but as a sugestion for a happier life. If someone is of mixed ethnic origin he/she should wait for the love of his/her life like everyone else and my idea can be useful for such a person too in not being confused with first impression ideas.

Edited by Menumorut - 22-Nov-2008 at 01:47

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:42
Originally posted by Menumorut

Probably I'm the only one against 'racial' dating here.

Firstly, there are not human races, the expression interracial may apply to animals.

I'm not only against dating between people of different types ('Caucasian', Asian, Black) but against marriage (I'm against extramarital relations idea too) between people from different ethnicities, because I think is an artificial relation. You and your spouse must be from the same people, else the cultural element will play a negative role in your relation.

Somehow I though you would respond like that...

Your opinion and your entitled to it (although I deem it a rather regressive and racist one), but I must disagree based on  deductions from successful relations all around me.

Edited by es_bih - 23-Nov-2008 at 04:44
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:45
No I agree with Menumorut, the closer the better. I'm asking my sister on a date tomorrow. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:47
Originally posted by Reginmund

No I agree with Menumorut, the closer the better. I'm asking my sister on a date tomorrow. 

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:51
What do you mean by "interracial"?

For Latinos, for instance, marrying a "gringo" is interracial, no matter the couple could look very similar. Marrying a Gypsy, a Jew or many other minorities could be considered "interracial" for some, but it is likely there isn't major physical differences in the couple.

In here, at least, marryiange between Europeans and Indigenous people are considered more an intercultural marryiage than interracial.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 01:56
LOL LOL LOL LOL

I love how "they believe," assuming that you know better than them what they think and believe.

Is there anything on this world that is not an illusion Menu, I mean pretty much everything you disagree with is an illusion so far as mentioned by yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>