Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Shooter ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: What Is the Greatest shooter game of all time?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [43.48%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [8.70%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.35%]
10 [43.48%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Shooter ever
    Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 02:10
I say Cod 4
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 05:02
I agree, it's COD 4, although Treyarch kinda dropped the ball on COD 3 I am looking forward to COD 5.

my fav gun is the P90 and Mp5. what is yours?
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 05:47
Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. Ultimate teamplay multiplayer experience.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 06:58
Killzone and BF: Vietnam are votes from me for it.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 11:43
All these modern shooters can munch my carrot (PG version of a much coarser expression). Granted, most shooters are fun because, hey, you can kill a lot of stuff in really brutal ways. But in the best FPS ever, Duke Nukem 3D, you could do this all the while watching a stripper flash her boobs and cracking misogynistic jokes.

Now if they could only finish Duke Nukem Forever this millenium.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 15:06
COD4 is good but has no athmosphere. I prefer F.E.A.R., Quake 4 and the new Dead Space.

Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 18:04
Unreal Tournament and none ever beat it, for me
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 18:23
Unreal Tournament for me as well.

Where is Counter Strike? It's propbaly the most legendary FPS ever, even if it's not the best.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 19:10
i second the last four posts Star more specifically: Wolfenstein 3D, Doom2, Duke Nukem 3D, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament. Doom 3 and Quake 4 was actually quite entertaining.

i've quit playing CoD4 after the second mission or so. granted, best graphics up to date but graphics don't make a good game. i already had issues with that game when the game prevented me from finishing the tutorial mission my own way, but noooo, i had to do it like they wanted me to, and i mean EXACTLY. i had no joke the feeling i wasn't actually playing the game but the game was playing me! Confused freedom of choice and style is most important and CoD4 was perhaps the exact opposite of that.
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 19:10
The best shooter? John Wayne of course with Clint Eastwood as a close second yuk yuk yuk I'm sorry I couldn't resist 

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 19:12
and i should mention Hidden & Dangerous 2 which is by lightyears the best ww2 shooter ever.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 19:36
I like M-4 carbine, but anything will do really
Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2008 at 20:42
I forgot Quake III Arena, and I liked it more then Quake 4
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2008 at 12:08
There was also the somewhat obscure Duke Nukem 3D-clone titled Shadow Warrior. I suppose it was kind of a stupid game, but you could surprise naked anime chicks on the potty who got so upset they pulled out an uzi and started firing.

Another fun one was Redneck Rampage, where you played a drunken southerner with a shotgun roaming around the countryside.

I tend to enjoy these quirky games more than the endless space marine-clones, although they don't make much else these days. LOL

Edited by Reginmund - 06-Nov-2008 at 12:11
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2008 at 01:48
omfg I totally forgot about Duke Nukem, someone plz strike me down, it's a clssic FPS from the monsters hiding in the stalls, to the strippers, to the white bronco (OJ) on the T.V.s . I just wish Duke Nukem: for never will come out soon.

Yes I played Redneck Rampage and wish I could find the damn game!

"HEY NEIGHBOR!!!!"

Edited by Sun Tzu - 10-Nov-2008 at 01:51
Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2008 at 01:36
What do you guys think about COD 5?, I still think Infinity Ward should have done it, Treyarch just needs to do something else. There is good news I read that Infinity is working on COD 6. I got the game on tuesday and it was great but the whole WWII FPS is just getting old.
Sun Tzu

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2008 at 12:13
Originally posted by Sun Tzu

I got the game on tuesday and it was great but the whole WWII FPS is just getting old.

WWII is tame material for a FPS. Bleak cityscapes, peashooters and endless amounts of near identical uniformed Germans. Compare with Gears of War II f.ex., I'm not even a fan of the genre but that is one intensely atmospheric game with aweinspiring weaponry and enemies. Truly a mindblowing experience.
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 17:37
The Grittiness of the game is it's best selling point especially when you enter Berlin and capture the Reichstag. I remember sniping a German in the arm and the arm blew off, the game is very dark but that's how WWII was, 60 million dead.

This is kind of personal but my grandfather has a story of when he was with the the 7th armored in the Ruhr valley. It was some town theyu were clearing and he came across a young hitler youth pointing a gun at him, he shot first and has never forgiven himself for it and still keeps the armband. I always beleive regardless of who it is if you aim a gun a me and I don't know you, i'm going to shoot it was either his life or the kid's.
Sun Tzu

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2008 at 19:08
the problem is they do always the same shit. you never see variation in German uniform, there are always the same weapons and never those fancy ones from minor european countries that were so kick-ass. winter war anyone? that Hungarian MP? soldiers in those cool Romanian uniforms? never seen ebfore btut here are hundreds of ww2 FPS out there. such a  waste.
Husaria View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Husaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2008 at 19:20
Anyone play S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl?

"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons."
-Russian military doctrine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>