Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you want to immigrate to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you want to immigrate to?
    Posted: 16-Oct-2008 at 05:51
I wouldn't emigrate for three reasons:

-I think the natural medium is healthier in Romania than in any other country, there is a combination of soil, vegetation, latitude, forms of relief that makes the air better

-I would not feel good in a non-Romanian society, we have a good balance between Oriental and Occidental in our mentality and way of life and also I would miss our churches, monasteries and culture

-the vegetables and fruits in Romania are more tasteful than in other countries and still not irradiated for conservation.

But if I would be pressed to emigrate I would choose Russia because of the vaste spaces that, I think, make you feel relaxed.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2008 at 14:12
I don't know where I would like to emigrate to. Where ever the job takes me I suppose.

I can relate to menu's prerogative. Where there is nice soil, clean air and healthy veggies is always a good start.
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2008 at 14:32
Originally posted by Seko

I don't know where I would like to emigrate to. Where ever the job takes me I suppose.

I can relate to menu's prerogative. Where there is nice soil, clean air and healthy veggies is always a good start.

"Nice soil, clean air and healthy veggies......"  So you are emigrating to Lancaster County, PA?  Smile

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2008 at 14:35
LOL Hmmm, could I think about that one for a moment. According to wiki I would be spending my time at a rhubarb festival, the "maize maze", and the "World's Largest Chicken Barbecue".
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2008 at 23:31
Originally posted by Seko

LOL Hmmm, could I think about that one for a moment. According to wiki I would be spending my time at a rhubarb festival, the "maize maze", and the "World's Largest Chicken Barbecue".

Lancaster County (as everything else) is changing fast.  Some areas look much like they did 200 years ago....Amish farms; no electricity or telephone poles; horse & buggy transportation.  These are the more rural though.

The city of Lancaster is about 60 miles from Philadelphia, and the east side of the place is starting to look like suburban Philly.  The traffic all around there is horrible.

However, you can take the Amtrak and be in downtown Philadelphia in an hour.  Great restaurants...center city is nice, AND, since last night, the Phillies won the NL pennant.  I do apologize if you are a Detroit fan.  Broken%20Heart

Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 00:53
I would move to Barcelona, Spain - I fell in love with the architecture and lifestyle while I was there. That failing, most other places in Spain would also be just fine by me.
Voskhod View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Voskhod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2008 at 09:28
If I can, perhaps the United States.
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2008 at 18:38
I wouldn't immigrate. I have no reasons, and I really like my country.

I would like to live (for some years) in the USA, and in a developed far eastern country (Japan, or Korea)

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2008 at 02:56
back to greece. If i dont need to work that is
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2008 at 19:31
Some where far away from this planets woes. Maybe I should stick my thunb out for the next UFO which comes my way and like that 1950's movie take me to a planet filled with hot babes!!! Good thing my girlfriend does not come on to any forums- shhhh!!
I cannot recall the name of that movie- does anyone know???
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2008 at 22:03
I recently moved to Cambridge, UK and I am quite happy with that choice. But in a long run I would like to go back to Sofia. It will depend on working conditions really. Which basically means that my long run goal is not achievable :)

Edited by Anton - 22-Oct-2008 at 22:05
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2008 at 00:59
I want to live in Ukraine for a while.

Edited by Suren - 26-Oct-2008 at 16:26
Anfører
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2008 at 01:13
Well, I actually would like to "migrate" but INSIDE my country... From the megacity of Santiago to a small and friendly city of the South. I hate big cities!
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2008 at 01:22
Do you know we have a santiego city in Iran?Smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2008 at 01:28
That's curious.

However, I am afraid "Santiago" (Saint James) is a very politically incorrect figure of Spanish Christian Nationalism (a myth in fact), so I believe there is no relation.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2008 at 05:03
We pronounce it as Santi ye go, some people call it Qom ,also.

Edited by Suren - 23-Oct-2008 at 05:11
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2008 at 23:16
Really, Greece is where I would like to spend a few years and get a chance to meet more relatives there and the Greek people. Although, my next big trip will be the Alaskan wilderness. I could not handle the lack of sun in the winter though.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Berengina View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Berengina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2008 at 15:56
Hmmm, Yucatan, Mexico, Amalfi Coast, Italy, Corfu, Greece - can you tell I'm from a very cold Canada. lol?

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2008 at 16:18
I'm from Canada too, but it's the summers I hate. Here in Ontario we get extremes in summer and winter - cold winter, and hot, hazy summers that are *very* humid. 

I think if I had to move anywhere and I could pick, it would probably be somewhere with similar temperatures but alot drier atmosphere. A nice crisp, cold winter with not enough dampness for the cold to penetrate, and a warm summer but dry heat.

Alternatively, somewhere with only two seasons: spring and fall.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2008 at 16:35
Originally posted by edgewaters

Alternatively, somewhere with only two seasons: spring and fall.

Chicago, IL EmbarrassedLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>