Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ryder Cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryder Cup
    Posted: 19-Sep-2008 at 18:41
So, anyone been following this? It's been entertaining so far Europe started off well enough in the morning Foursomes only for the US to come back and take a 3-1 lead. Afternoon Fourballs only starting and there's still a long way to go yet. Should be great anyway!
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2008 at 22:30
I would have liked to see it played on one of the old "character" courses.  Like Shinicock or Merion.  [Pine Valley would be my top pick but the membership would never allow it.] 

Don't get me wrong, Valhalla is an excellent test.  It's a well designed modern course.  [Jack Nicklaus designed it]  But it's a player's course.  Designed for modern championship play, no surprises.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Maximus View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Quote Maximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2009 at 19:41
I wonder if Mr. Woods will be representing the USA?  I guess character doesn't count?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2009 at 07:10
Originally posted by Maximus

I wonder if Mr. Woods will be representing the USA?  I guess character doesn't count?

If he is the best pick for the team than he should be on it. 

What occurs in someone's private life is just that, private.  It is no business of mine, nor yours either.

I'll remind you of that golden oldie, Judge not, lest ye be judged.  I don't know of anyone that can stand up to the kind of scrutiny a celeb gets.  And that definitely includes you, maximus.
 Post Reply Post Reply