Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Bundesliga Thread 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Bundesliga Thread 2008
    Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 14:56
20 Min 0:1 Schalke Farfan penalty, shame.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 16:03
15 minutes to go 2:3, Dortmund scored two goas in the last 5 minutes, while München leads by 2 goals to 0 in Cologne.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 16:21
What a match, Dortmund scored the third goal by a penalty at minute 89 ,after 2 players of Schalke were disqualified during the second half.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 13-Sep-2008 at 16:29

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 19:13
Wow that must've been another pandemonium in Dortmund, Ulrich.   Good to see the Frei is healthy again.  Too bad he got hurt for Swiss over the summer but now he's healthy again, that definitely helps Dortmund to have a better season. 

Two men advantage or not, coming back from 3-0 to tie the game is a quite an achievement!  Do they have any Turks in the Dortmund squad?Big%20smile  How did Young Pyo Lee look?  Well, the defense couldn't have looked that good going down 3-0, huh?  But did he contribute in the 2nd half surge?     
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 19:19
Lee looked good, but not to offend Ulrich, but the tie by Dortmund was more luck than anyhting. 
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2008 at 20:28
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Today, dear King Kang, Dortmund hosts Schalke. A match of a great brisance.

Nearby, in Cologne, the FC Köln faces to Bayern München. The matches are already running and i'm sitting in my workroom, the fireside is on, a coffee nearby,listen to WDR 2 livestream. The world is so beautyful.

I will report later on.

Didn't see that post earlier.  Yes, the world is so beautyful, isn't it?  We had our first cold weather this week.  I guess it's been cold enough for a fireplace in Iceland for some weeks huh?  Or is it always?  I was dreading for the prospect of another winter but you just made me to look forward.  I'm not even a coffee drinker, it sounds good to me now.

Here are today's results

RheinEnergie Stadion
Collapse -
  1. FC Köln  0 - 3  Bayern Munich
53'     0 - 1 Goal Luca Toni
60'     0 - 2 Goal Luca Toni
90'     0 - 3 Goal Lukas Podolski
Report | Match | Gamecast
Final
Signal-Iduna-Park
Collapse -
  Borussia Dortmund  3 - 3  Schalke 04
20'     0 - 1 Goal Jefferson Farfan (pen)
39'     0 - 2 Goal Rafinha
54'     0 - 3 Goal Heiko Westermann
67' Neven Subotic Goal 1 - 3    
71' Alexander Frei Goal 2 - 3    
73'       Red%20Card Christian Pander
76'       Red%20Card Fabian Ernst
89' Alexander Frei (pen) Goal 3 - 3    
Final
HSH Nordbank Arena
Collapse -
  Hamburg SV  3 - 2  Bayer Leverkusen
4'     0 - 1 Goal Tranquillo Barnetta
24'     0 - 2 Goal Patrick Helmes
36' José Paolo Guerrero Goal 1 - 2    
40'       Red%20Card Manuel Friedrich
51' Ivica Olic Goal 2 - 2    
72' Mladen Petric Goal 3 - 2    
Final
Olympiastadion
Collapse -
  Hertha Berlin  2 - 2  VfL Wolfsburg
1'     0 - 1 Goal Ricardo Costa
57' Gojko Kacar Goal 1 - 1    
85' Cícero Goal 2 - 1    
89'     2 - 2 Goal Sascha Riether
Final
Carl-Benz-Stadion
Collapse -
Final
Weserstadion
Collapse -
  Werder Bremen  3 - 0  Energie Cottbus
75' Diego Goal 1 - 0    
80' Torsten Frings Goal 2 - 0    
83' Boubacar Sanogo Goal 3 - 0    
cookieState('252639|252664|252556|252451|252725|252687',false)

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 13-Sep-2008 at 20:30
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2008 at 00:00
actually there were two local derbies today if you look at the match ups. other than Schalke - Dortmund also Stuttgart played vs Hoffenheim the Bundesliga newcomer. usually matches between Stuttgart and Karslruhe have been called as local derby but that wasn't really true because Karlsruhe was the capital of Baden and Stuttgart the capital of Württemberg. after ww2 both countries descided to amalgate but still that doesn't make it a derby. Hoffenheim on the other hand is in Württemberg too. i hope that Freiburg makes it into the 1. Bundesliga too next season, so Karlsruhe also has their local derby matchup and there would be for the first time(?) 4 teams from Baden-Württemberg in the Bundesliga.
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2008 at 07:13
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Wow that must've been another pandemonium in Dortmund, Ulrich.   Good to see the Frei is healthy again.  Too bad he got hurt for Swiss over the summer but now he's healthy again, that definitely helps Dortmund to have a better season. 

Two men advantage or not, coming back from 3-0 to tie the game is a quite an achievement!  Do they have any Turks in the Dortmund squad?Big%20smile  How did Young Pyo Lee look?  Well, the defense couldn't have looked that good going down 3-0, huh?  But did he contribute in the 2nd half surge?     

Young was in the starting line-up and did a good, but more unobtrusive job. But Frei's comeback was like a thunderstorm that came over Schalke.

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2008 at 10:00
I think the refree was also very helpfull to Borussia.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2008 at 21:25
OMG all Hail Bremen, and this happened just as the Oktoberfest is begining!!!!!!! ClapClapClapClapNuke
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2008 at 19:38
and today Hoffenheim surprised by beating Dortmund and taking 2nd place in the Bundesliga, while 2 years before it wasn't even in 2. Bundesliga. Stuttgart also won vs Karlsruhe and takes the 3rd place and the newspapers et al again took the opportunity to piss em off and call it a derby. Freiburg also had a decisive win and took first place in 2. Bundesliga, so unless Karlsrueh fails me it seems next season we see 4 clubs from Baden-Württemberg in the 1. Bundesliga.

oh yeah and Gazprom 04 took lead in the 1. Bundesliga with an unimpressive match that amounted to a total defeat, the only goal was shot by Frankfurt themselves! LOL
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2008 at 16:35
Originally posted by Temujin

and today Hoffenheim surprised by beating Dortmund and taking 2nd place in the Bundesliga, while 2 years before it wasn't even in 2. Bundesliga. Stuttgart also won vs Karlsruhe and takes the 3rd place and the newspapers et al again took the opportunity to piss em off and call it a derby. Freiburg also had a decisive win and took first place in 2. Bundesliga, so unless Karlsrueh fails me it seems next season we see 4 clubs from Baden-Württemberg in the 1. Bundesliga.

oh yeah and Gazprom 04 took lead in the 1. Bundesliga with an unimpressive match that amounted to a total defeat, the only goal was shot by Frankfurt themselves! LOL

A sad for a man, but a very evil day for mankind. Dortmund lost at the parvenus of Hoffenheim.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2008 at 18:09
Dortmund this time licks Stuttgart, and BTW i LOVE the new away colours because they are in the national colours of Württemberg, Black and Red. if anything Bayern immitates Stuttgart! LOL oh yeah bayern, they lost (again) to Hanover, which is actually suprizing. the start of this season is already ruined for them, Dortmund and particularly Hamburg can say quite the opposite for themselves. the best match yesterday was however by far Bremen vs Hoffenheims 5:4 that started as a 1:1, 4:1, 4:4, 5:4 and it was already 4:1 after half an hour! (it has been called match of the year and everyone who has the chance should watch it!) not to say, Hoffenheim, the youngest team in the BL actually could have scored more goals with a bit more luck, Bremen can actually be lucky to get away with 3 points! speaking of which, i have to correct myself, Hoffenheim is from Northern Baden and not Nortern Württemberg as i assumed... Embarrassed (but then it makes it easier for me to hate them LOL ) so unless the Stuttgarter Kickers or VfR Aalen ascend from the 3. Bundesliga, there won't be a derby for us Württemberger anytime soon. nevertheless, there were some ugly scenes between fans of Stuttgart and Karlsruhe hooligans that clashed with each others after the match (again). so even though it's not a real derby, some fans think different... Unhappy

Edited by Temujin - 28-Sep-2008 at 18:14
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2008 at 07:10
All teams of the Bundesliga were promoted to the next round at the UEFA-CUP. All teams, Schalke, Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Stuttgart but my beloved Borussia Dortmund not!
Dortmund was leading last night in Udine (Italy) after regular and extra time by 2 to 0, for the first match in Dortmund two weeks ago Dortmund lost by 0:2, a penalty shoot out had to find out the winner.
Two players of Dortmund missed the goal. Sadness is my only feelingCryCryCry

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2008 at 19:08
nothing really spectacular this weekend, Stuttgart 3rd by beating Bremen, Hoffenheim 2nd, Bayern continues its downfall.... Stuttgart will meet Bayern in DFB Cup, that will also be interesting...
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2008 at 14:55
Europe has to prepare. After 11 matchdays the promoted team of Hoffenheim is leading the schedule.

The team from provincial backwater, from a town, that hasn't more than 3750 habitants, was climbing from the lowest to the highest division within 15 years.

Now, while the established teams like Bremen and Bayern München all cultivate their internal fights, Hoffenheim and another "retort" team of leverkusen, are leading the Bundesliga.

Hoffenheim , sponsored by the owner of SAP, the largest European software enterprise, will do the next step after the running season and have their first match in an European football competition, i'm sure.
Let's watch the developing.

beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2008 at 23:41
We could name them Chelheim or Hoffensea. I don't like these type of clubs. If the owner looses his interest they disappear as fast as they came, remember Homburg or others in former times. At least I am happy that it is a German owner and not a Russian or Ghaddafi or a Sheik.

Edited by beorna - 02-Nov-2008 at 23:43
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2008 at 21:44
at first i also had a negatvie attitude towards this club, i mean Hoffenheim sponsored by Dietmar Hopp of SAP fame. but i've watched a lot of stuff about this guy and it's not quite comparable to Chelsea & Schalke. that dude doesn't just use his money to buy some established players, he uses his money for scouting young talents and supporting them. he invests a lot of money in youth programs and all Hoffenheim players are youngsters (youngest team of the BL) as well no-names. so he uses his money wiesly and puts it into the youth. thats the way to go.

also, Stuttgart lost to Cologne at home. not so good. but two victories in a row will elevate Stuttgart again to a top position and the next two clubs are rather easy to beat, but then, you should also expect to beat Cologne at home...
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 18:04
Originally posted by Temujin

at first i also had a negatvie attitude towards this club, i mean Hoffenheim sponsored by Dietmar Hopp of SAP fame. but i've watched a lot of stuff about this guy and it's not quite comparable to Chelsea & Schalke. that dude doesn't just use his money to buy some established players, he uses his money for scouting young talents and supporting them. he invests a lot of money in youth programs and all Hoffenheim players are youngsters (youngest team of the BL) as well no-names. so he uses his money wiesly and puts it into the youth. thats the way to go.

also, Stuttgart lost to Cologne at home. not so good. but two victories in a row will elevate Stuttgart again to a top position and the next two clubs are rather easy to beat, but then, you should also expect to beat Cologne at home...

I have just read exactly the same about Hopp in polish newspaper. They say he is uncomparable to Abramowich. He run his club since 1990 and invested about 150 mio, Abromowich probably paid more for new players in his first year. I will keep my fingers crossed for Hoffenheim. And besides better them to win than Bayern.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2008 at 18:16
2008 First Phase - Group F
  Overall Home Away  
 GPWDLGSGAWDLGSGAWDLGSGAGDP
1 Bayern Munich 3 2 1 0 5 1 1 1 0 4 1 1 0 0 1 0 4 7
2 Lyon 3 1 2 0 8 6 0 1 0 2 2 1 1 0 6 4 2 5
3 Fiorentina 3 0 2 1 2 5 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 5 -3 2
4 Steaua Bucuresti 3 0 1 2 3 6 0 0 2 3 6 0 1 0 0 0 -3 1

2008/2009 German Bundesliga
CLUB GP W L D PTS GD
TSG Hoffenheim118212515
Bayer Leverkusen118302415
Bayern Munich11623218
Schalke 0411515209
Hamburg SV1163220-1

Bayern 1st in Champions League and top 4 in the Bundesliga. Now all that needs to happen is Obama to win for this to be a rather good day. Smile

I believe we can pull together and get back to 1st place and get another Bundesliga trophy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>