Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG
    Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 21:42

"Oh, get over it" she added towards Gildor as she caught him looking at his bleeding hand with a dubious look on his face, "it is not as though I have rabiës or something."

Edited by Aelfgifu - 18-Aug-2008 at 21:42

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2008 at 22:23
Sarakh calmly raised a hand. "Actually, sir, you may have misconstrued my meaning as to the method of remving paganism. Here it is, plainly and humbly: like a healer, not a warrior. Found a hospice, an abbey, a solemn place for the healing of the body and the greatness of the spirit. People see the world through their bodies--their eyes, their ears, their hands. When they see with the body that you feel only love and wish them only kindness, then they will embark upon the journey of realization of the spirit of christ, and their souls will find Him. I guarantee that if you go now, the witch, or any true pagans, will say no--and you will fight them, and people will die.

But I promise you--in time if they feel no threat and see nothing but help and kindness, one day even witches will wish walk within the grace of god.

You see. sir, I have seen pagans who believed in what they did--who had pride, and who had strength. To threaten that will not erase it. To Provide an example of something better--now THAT is something all can believe in. Only god may judge, and all that one may do as a christian is show others as much of god's grace as you can, and hope that they make the choice to join Him in heaven. I can defeat a man if he attacks me, and I can try to escape a wolf if it pursues me, but it is not my place to attack that man first, or hunt down all the wolves, or judge him and hate them. I do what i can to live in happiness and help others do so, but Christ himself would be hard-pressed to find a reason why I should attack rather than defend. I must be a guardian and a healer, rather than a lord or a warrior."

Edited by TheARRGH - 18-Aug-2008 at 22:28
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 00:02
Gildor staggered to his feet, "Aelfgifu, he said. "Do you want your ancestors to remain locked up in some tree? when they could be free?", "besides they may have already moved on", "that doesn't mean you should cut down a perfectly healthy tree", he said to the priests,  my friends", he said to the preists", "where does it say in the good book to kill people who don't believe what you believe?", "people should be able to choose", "go to them with kindness like Jesus did".  

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2008 at 11:18
[OKAY... Does everyone just ramble on randomly or something]
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 03:08
The leader of the Christians said,

"You speak great words, wise man. We will certainly listen to some of the points..."

"That woman!" said one of the followers, trembling, pointing at aelfgifu "that woman... is a witch!"

"Shut up! What are you talking about?"

"Look at her! She is becoming... a troll!"

Everyone turned to look at Aelfgifu. She indeed was transforming. She become taller, more muscular. Worts and blotches on her skin became developing as they watched. Her hands became bigger and menacing. A tail burst through her cloths.

A firefly circled in front of her. Its light became brighter and brighter, and it began to grow larger and larger. The insect's head was transformed into the face of a dead man with hollow eyes and pale skin. It began to talk:

"Sweet Aelfgifu, so sweet! You remind faithful to your ancestors and your don't forget the religion of your mothers and grandmothers. Your devotion has so moved us, that we have grant you the power to become a troll at will. You can decide now which form to take. After today, after night time, you can only change your form once a day, at night, from human to troll; from troll to human. Use this power against your enemies and to protect our sacred trees."

The face disappeared and the giant firefly became a small and flew away. Aelfgifu was once again a woman.

The Christian ran away in terror.

"Oh, great," said Lord Platypus. "She was hard to deal with before she could become a troll at will. Now let's see who can control her when she gets angry."

[Yes, think of it as interactive literature or improvisational acting]
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 03:35
"I vote we go to the abbey since the ford is guarded by inhuman monsters", said Gildor.

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 04:59
sarakh sighed as the christians moved away, then turned to the others. "That...went considerably better than I had dared to hope. Normally, the people I try to persuade don't really listen to me, and when they do, they certainly don't do it because they think I'm wise. Well, now that the pagans in this area have been at least momentarily spared from being put to the sword in the name of divine love..."

He picked up his halberd, observing it critically, then continued. "The abbey it is...however, first...Aelfgifu! Lord Platypus! Might is be possible for either of you to send some sort of message back to whatever suffices as the pagan version of a clergy to tell them that they may want to build schools or hospices? If the christians actually do as I say, than they are likely to win converts by the hundred unless there is legitimate competition. I wouldn't ask that they change the tenets of their faith, but they may wish to, shall we say, prepare for a theological arms race. Just because I give people good advice in order to stop them from killing doesn't mean I take sides. And there are likely to be other christian missionaries less open to persuasion. Tell the priests or shamans or whatever they are to get ready for a conflict of faiths."

His grin could have graced a crocodile, and was only marginally less dangerous-looking.
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 13:00
'It is indeed. But that will take us some time. Are you sure the message is so important?'
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 15:10
The party then turned back and moved West, going back to the market in order to take the King's Road to the Southern mountain, where the abbey was located. They had walked for about an hour when they found a lone knight, with helmet on, metal plate, and wielding a sword, walking in their direction.

"Who DARES walk in me lord's land?" growled the knight. He stood there, glimmering, his armor glimmering with the hard rays of light that reached him in the middle of the forest. "Why have you trespassed?"
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 17:31

Gildor ducked into the the trees on the left side of the road and readied his weapons and drwew a bead on the knight. "Sarakh", he whispered, "you explain why we're here to the bellicose metal-clad Mon-keigh", and might be a good idea to keep your halberd ready".

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2008 at 22:25
Originally posted by rider

'It is indeed. But that will take us some time. Are you sure the message is so important?'

Sarakh shrugged. "In the long term, definitely."

When they came to the knight, he stood tall, holding the glittering halberd in one hand and sweeping the air in a confident gesture with the other. "Sarakh the Duality, Gildor of the Leaping-Arrow, The Honorable Lord Platypus, and The Mighty Aelfgifu, Knight! And who are YOU, that you have the courage to stand in the path of just vengeance? Good friends of ours have been kidnapped by the Bullsung, and we seek the Abbey for the knowledge of how to enter their lands, so that we may rescue those who have been dishonorably taken!"

Edited by TheARRGH - 21-Aug-2008 at 22:28

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 12:25
"My lord is is Eric, the mighty little one from the mines! He owns everything you see. His property extends from where you are standing to 40 days of walking. You are trying to steal his land! I will not accept this! Stand ready for battle!"

And then the knight stood in ready position. If one looked carefully, one could see wild eyes glimmering through the helmet's visor.

"Since there are only four of you, I will allow you to go first. This handicap will make my defeating you fair!"
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 14:45
Gildor fired five of his arrow's taking care only to wound and incapacitate but not to kill, each arrow hitting true. 

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 15:48
Gilder fired five arrows, 4 wounding the knight. One hit him as well, but his armor protected him. He is gravely injured now, but still on his feet.

"Where are you coward!" screams the knight. "Your name has been dishonored by attacking me with treachery of arrows and in hiding! Come out with your sword so that I can fight with with the manliness that you lack, and teach you the true art of war with my sword!"

"He looks very ill. Another decisive attack will probably do him in," said lord Platypus to his friends.

Edited by hugoestr - 22-Aug-2008 at 15:50
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 18:39
"Surrender or fall, Knight! I will heal you if you yield, but should you stand to fight...we will not be merciful!"Sarakh cried.

Edited by TheARRGH - 22-Aug-2008 at 18:39

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2008 at 20:51
Gildor jumped out from the trees and buried the knight beneath his seven feet and ten inches bulk, then he yanked off the knight's helmet and pulled out a dagger and hit the knight squarely on the jaw with the pommel two times in an attempt to stun him.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 01:28
Gildor jumped on the the knight, and brought him down with a big thump. He then took out his helmet, and attacked him with his dagger. Yet at the last minute, the knight moved his head, just getting a slight cut on the chin.

"You can't hit me even when you are on top of me? Are you a warrior or minstral?" said the knight.
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 05:52
Sarakh sighed deeply, then stepped around behind the knight and brought the butt of his halberd down in a purposeful manner, aiming to stun.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 15:31
"Augh!" said the knight. For a while he didn't say anything. Then he said, "that is all what you have? God knows that if I had the chance that you had on me, I would have given a fatal blow!

"Tell the truth... you are lovers of me wife? Correct? She is so afraid of my anger that she sent her lovers to kill me? Correct?"
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2008 at 15:58
Gildor enraged at the knights dismissal of his fighting prowess yanked his barbed mithril arrow heads out of the knights body.... as slowly and as hard as possible then he drew his long sword and with the pommel he hit the knight on the jaw with all of his elven strength and rage, four times. Then he slammed the knights head against the ground two times taking care not to kill him then he held his dagger to the knights throat, "Aelfgifu, he called. Quick! get some of the rope and tie him up, then take his armor it will make a good wedding present to your Eric. "Now sirrah, he hissed to the knight. How's about telling me everything thou knowest, and tell me why any woman in her right mind would want to marry you? tell me before I slit thine knavely throat, mon-keigh. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>