Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG
    Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 05:56
Sarakh stepped calmly towards the man. His lean face was quite placid, and his deeply-set eyes betrayed nothing but mild curiosity.

"Getting needed information. We are trying to enter Bullsung lands. We needed to find this corpse to unlock a secret passage; we defeated the demon and were extracting what information we could glean Not that I would believe him, but people tend to tell at least some of the truth when they are threatened with horrific pain. I didn't specifically plan on killing him because...well, I have a policy of not killing people--especially prisoners--unless I need to. I was quite ready to shove this cross several inches into him, should he have tried to fight back or do anything other than fade away into whatever distasteful oblivion hellspawn come from. I am Sarakh the Duality. Your name?"
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 06:19
Ghazanfar stepped forward "what's going on here?" he said confusedly.

Anfører
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 15:25
 Gildor noticed that the demons head was healing up (As only divine weapons could harm it) and it looked very very angry it turned to face the human who didn't see. Gildor noticed that the man was big for a human almost chest high to the elflord, He reminds of some human I once knew what was his name? Conar? Cunan? something like that. He shrugged no matter now, He casually drew his holy blade and waited.   

Edited by Count Belisarius - 20-Nov-2008 at 15:29

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Husaria View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Husaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2008 at 23:09
"My name is Voksnin, follower and and soldier of Zorvic"he replied with pride
He heard a faint rustling behind him and let out a big sigh.

"None of you idiots sprinkled holy water on the demon?!"he screamed with a note of alarm.
"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons."
-Russian military doctrine.
Goblin Monkey View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Goblin Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 00:05
ITS CONAN!!!
Is it just me or did your mom just wink at me?
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 15:57
The freed demon looked very angry at all of them. He looked like he was thinking whether to attack the party of keep his word and go away. He reached down to his sword. As he took it out, sparkles flew. Once in his hand the sword was on fire, and he got in a fighting position, looking Voksnin in the yes. Keeping the position he approached him slowly. His stern face was terrifying, and many in the party thought that Voksnin, who had just arrived, was probably about to go to the other world, right before their eyes.

Then the demon gave a malicious smile. He said, "Voksnin, one day we will meet again, and then I will make you pay for the insults that you gave me while I was in bounds. But rather than give you quick punishment now, I will let you live through the anguish of not knowing the time of hour. Pray that your lord will save your soul, for your body will be done then."

Then he turned to the rest of the party and continued, "Friends, I didn't believe that you would be so foolish as to let a demon go. Yet here I am, ready to destroy you. Surprise will not save you this time, for I know of the holy weapons that you are wielding.

"I wondered if I should just fight you as soon as I got freed, but then I remembered that during my bounds I promised to attack a certain demon with whom I have a long feud. Demons are bound by promises to mortals, if they wish to be, of course. And I wish it now.

"Farewell. The Bullsung will not be a problem to those who could subdue a demon. And don't trust what they say."

After saying this, his wings opened wide, casting a long dark shadow. He leaned briefly on his knees, and he jumped up on the air, flying in the direction of the monastery.

All what was left of the demon was a strong scent. The party was now by itself.
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 19:43
Sarakh grinned. "So, one enemy is about to be attacked, and whatever happens, ONE of them will at least be out of our hair. The total number of demons that have a grudge against one of our number will still be one. Not a gain, but not really a loss. We'll have to get some more effective holy weapons, of course...and I'll have to do some more studies. I'm fairly sure that given the right incantation, that demon is history. He really didn't strike me as particularly powerful, even if he heals fast and flies. At least we have some information, now. Let's go. back to the abbey, first--I imagine the monks will know something about a demon named Verrin. Or who has taken the name verrin to disguise his true name...demons are not known for their scrupulous honesty."
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Husaria View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Husaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 22:17
"Zorvic protect us! You didn't sprinkle holy water on the demon and now we have a demon in our midst,ready to strike when we are least prepared" snarled Voksnin
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 22:33
Sarakh raised an eyebrow. "You were the one who came out of nowhere and struck him down. I would submit that if you want him dead, don't rely on others to bring the holy water. Anyways, a demon was already furious at Gildor here for beating him; now either that one will die or this new one will. Either way, not a terribly bad result. Neverthless...Let's move. We'll be safe at the abbey, and the monks may have some ideas on how to combat this creature. The time for recriminatinations is when you are standing in a large fortress on the other side of huge walls from your enemy, and a church serves as a fortress when dealing with demons. Move!"

Sarakh moved down the path, eyes flicking back and forth, taking in every detail. "Bring the bones! What we came for, remember?"

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2008 at 23:58
Gildor packed up the bones and joined Sarakh 

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 04:46
They went back to the main trail. From here they could go North or South. Which way do you want to go?
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 06:13
He cried out laud "I am Ghazanfar, son of Izildor, grandson of Pual the impaler. Oh friends! brothers in arm, may I join you in this dangerous journey?"
Anfører
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2008 at 15:07
Gildor turned south to the abbey

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2008 at 03:11
"Sure, Ghazanfar, join us! We are out to fight the wretched Bullsung! You have just seen us tricked a demon and rescue the bones of Saint Chaim. We are now going south, in hopes to return quickly to the abbey!"

So the heroes walked through a rocky trail through what was mostly a barren hill. The afternoon sun was shining high and powerful, and it was making everyone hot. After half an hour of walk, the trail descended between the edges of two rocks. One of the people ahead could see a guard around the last corner of the trail.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2008 at 01:33
Gildor took a quick swallow of water, then he walked to face the guard. "Greetings," he said with polite interest. "I don't suppose we could prevail upon you to let us pass?" 

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2008 at 02:10
"Sure, you can pass along. The Royal Road is free if you are walking to the West."

And they walked through the turn, they found that the trail ended right next to the toll gates that would lead them right into the Bullsung. Then they heard a familiar voice:

"Hey! I know you guys! You were around here a few days ago! How are you doing?"

It was Jeff the Drunk.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2008 at 02:22
Gildor pulled his hood up making sure his cloak was brown from the dust, then he hunched over to make himslf smaller. "Well met," he said roughing up his voice. "Here have some bottles of elvish wine my friend." he then handed Jeff two bottles. "So what can you tell us about the bullsung? and is there a way we can persuade the guards to let us through?" 

Husaria View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Husaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2008 at 21:28
Voksnin Just stood there with digust at the lack of violence used to get ones ends.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2008 at 21:34
Ghazanfar was wondering if they can get any useful information out of this drunk fellow.
Anfører
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2008 at 03:41
"Thanks! I love this stuff! God bless those monks; this is their best way of spreading the gospel. The Bullsung are feared all over the place, but I think that they are bunk. Everyone is so afraid; I would like to see someone to teach them a lesson.

Hey, let me go in and talk to the guys to see if you can go through."

He came back. "Yes, you can go through as long as you pay 200 gold pieces each." Jeff was beaming at the thought of being so helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>