Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG
    Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 14:24

Sorry, I was out of the country for a few days. Am back now :)

The silence left after the Elf stopped speaking was so intense it made Aelfgifu wake up with a start. "Eh...oh... sorry about that. Nodded off for a bit there...

Well, my story is not really any so interesting or, um, emotional. I was born around here, as you might imagine, since my brother is lord here. My parents called me Aelfgifu, elven-gift, because they saw my birth as a blessing. It has crossed my mind they might not have considered it a very smart choice, with hindsight.

I was a very wayward child. Far from contending myself with learning the arts of becoming a fine lady, such as playing delicate  insturments and doing needlepoint, I insisted on escaping my ladies in waiting and running off to the barracks and weapons yard to learn how to use a sword and use interesting swearwords. When my parents decided I needed a husband to keep me in line, I ran away to the witches in the wood, hoping to learn magic from them. They did their best, but I turned out to have too little patience to learn the delicate touches of witchcraft, so when my fathers men found me, I decided I might as well come back with them. By then, the petty nobleman intended for me had begun to get second thoughts about marrying a woman who would rather be a witch than his wife (I believe he had had a bad run in with witches in the past, he was quite scared of them), so rather than risking my using the little I had learned against him in his own home, he backed out.

Becoming exceedingly exasperated with me, my parents decided to lock me in a tower in the forest, guarded by goblins, and promised my hand to any mad enough to free me. As it is, this suited me just fine. There are two things that impress goblins, and that is being able to drink copious amounts of alcohol without toppling over, and swearing with words that comprise of more than four syllables. Soon, I had the full respect of my 'jailors' and they taught me how to use a sword properly and to fight dirty. They also courteously disposed of all suitors foolish enough to be tempted by my dowry.

And then Eric turned up. Knowing he could only defeat the goblins by their own means, he challenged them to a drinking bout, and won gloriously. The goblins, in due awe of his talent and in no rush to die, agreed that he could take me away, as long as I agreed to go with him.

Well, all in all, the tower had become a bit boring, Eric seemed like a guy with the right attitude in him, and I am a sucker for blue eyes, so that is sort of how I came to be engaged. And then the sweet fool went and had himself kidnapped. After finally finding a nice man, I am in no mood to let some gods%#$*&@ *&@%"~* @#$">`€ Bullsung get between me and my wedding night.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2008 at 17:45
"Eric's a lucky man', said Gildor.

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 12:35
'So he is. But look at the time? Perhaps, we should retire for the evening and continue our magnanimous quest when the sun rises above the eastern mountains? '
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 15:22

"I think I'll just stay up and watch the fire", said Gildor, abandoning the narcoleptic man, good night all", he said. Then Gildor prayed again to the great god Hugodin for guidance. 

Edited by Count Belisarius - 11-Aug-2008 at 17:46

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 17:49
Suddenly, the narrator came back.

"Remember, brave ones, that you have choices to make. Either go to the Abbey for the secret passage to the Bullsung, or try the ford in the forest. Should you rest until tomorrow, or leave right away? Or will you browse through the market place?"
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 17:53
"Lets go to the river", said Gildor.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 18:50

'We will go by the secret passage, I say!'. 

'Lady Aelfgifu, what is your say in this most pressing matter?'

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 19:53
"I am for the fort by the river, myself. I never trusted these monks much. But I do think we should go the the market once more before we set off. We need some supplies at least. We need rope, and although we have torches aplenty, I am not sure we have a flint and steel between us."

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2008 at 20:00
"And we'll need a grappling hook", said Gildor.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 13:56
'I'm missing something. We have torches, but why will we use them? I do need see the need for them, the river does not need torches to be crossed and I'm sure the ford is too dangerous to be have torches used in it's crossing. Perhaps we should drop them?'
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 18:38
Proceed to the market and be ready to trade.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2008 at 20:16
Gildor did his gods bidding and went to the market. he found a stall that sold climbing gear, "How much for a grappling hook and some rope"? he asked the vendor.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 02:43
"The grappling hook you can have for two gold pieces, and the rope for 5 copper pieces a foot. How much rope do you want, sire?"
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 03:47
Sarakh wandered through the market, perusing the various goods, but primarily attempting to discover everything that the people there could tell him on the subjects of (variously) the Abbey and it's monks, the forest river crossing, the witches that lived in said forest, and the Bullsung.

Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 09:24

"We will take two grappling hooks, and two hundred feet of rope!" said the sire to the vendor; turning to his companions he added 'Just in case...'

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 17:14
"Do you know where I could find an armory?", Gildor asked the vendor

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 18:04
"Go ask for Yorkel, down there for the armor. Hopefully he will have some light armor for your kind.

And if you you want to ask for directions to the Abbey and to reach the ford, look for Howard's girlfriend, Ralph. Just be aware that the man is charming, but he is the biggest mulch! He is known for moving into an house and living there and running huge tabs for his friend."
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 17:14
And they went and ask Ralph. He said,

"The forest has gangs of robbers that move around. Beware! And there are two witches that live there. The ford is to be guarded by strong guards! There is one powerful witch; the other one is said to be lousy. However, people can't tell them apart until they use their services.

The Abbot is a kind man and will heal pagans and Christians alike, but it is known that he favors Christians. He has also been known to do a lot to convert people into Christianity. His beer is excellent, and the only one made in this area.

The Bullsung... well, they are the mightiest warriors of the area. Have powerful wizards among their ranks. One of them is said to have slayed a dragon! I will try negotiation first; I rather spar with words than with swords with those people."

"So, are you going to hang around here longer, or buy that armor before you leave?"
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 17:27
"How much will some armor cost?," Gildor said to yorkel.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2008 at 19:02
A nice set of leather armor will only cost you 15 pieces of gold. We can put some metal plates on it for another 5, ready this evening. Metal armor will be 30 pieces of gold, since we must modify it to fit such a great Elf as yourself. We can have the modifications ready by tomorrow morning if you wish to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>