Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bullsung Saga: AE's RPG
    Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 15:24
"I don't know if I am dressed for the occasion, but I'll go if you follow"
What is the officer problem?
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 17:14

Gildor swung his grappling hook and caught the top of the gate. "One of us should climb up and see whats on the other side and mabye unlock the gate for us', he strung his bow and knocked an arrow, I'll cover the climber", he said, "and if that doesn't work we'll go to the abbey mabye they have a library that we can look through to find information on the our route and the bullsung", ''and Sarakh do you have a healing potion for my foot"? asked Gildor.  

Edited by Count Belisarius - 07-Aug-2008 at 17:33

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 18:19
"Gildor, my dear, there ain't no grappling hook. If you want one, you got to get one from the market. As for a healing potion, do you have one Sarakh?"
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 19:19
Gildor limped back to the market, he found a stall that sold climbing gear, "I wonder what else they sell here, he thought, "I should also get some supply's and medicine", "mabye they sell horses here", "how much will a grappling hook cost"? he asked the vendor.      

Edited by Count Belisarius - 07-Aug-2008 at 19:22

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 21:48
Sarakh opened his mouth to speak, but Gildor had limped off by that point. He sighed deeply as he watched him walk off.

"And I HAD one, too. Oh well...he may find something useful at the market, and I have some medical training--I'd rather not use the only healing potion I have left, but I think I can help his foot without it. Herbs, a splint perhaps. As well," (turning to platypus, who so recently exhibited such fervor) "I realize, oh Platypus, that you dislike being hindered in any way--but that it a strong wall with a metal door guarded by capable men with very large weapons, and we do not have the numbers or tools for a siege. We may be better served by finding some possible way around rather than through...and as I have said, the abbey may be best. let us adjourn to the market after our...compatriot--I have a feeling he may get into trouble without us--and then head to the monks' habitations."

Edited by TheARRGH - 07-Aug-2008 at 22:11
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 22:34

Gildor was haggling with the vendor and tying a splint for his foot and cursing all metal doors, when he saw his....... friends?, approaching, he waved at them. Then he decided to pray to the great god Hugodin for guidance.  

Edited by Count Belisarius - 07-Aug-2008 at 22:44

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 02:18
Sarakh nodded politely at Gildor. "Gildor--I may be able to treat your foot. I have some medical training...perhaps not extensive, but I think I can splint and bandage it. Enough for you to move around more normally, I think." Sarakh bade Gildor to be still and sit down, and attempted with cunning and calm to ascertain the nature of the injury, and treat it.
As he worked, he spoke in low tones. "I had thought the abbey might be the better way, and I think we should head in that direction after we have finished here, but we may want to ask around in this market. There is much that may be gleaned from the people here, I think; and even if not, then we have lost little by trying."

Edited by TheARRGH - 08-Aug-2008 at 02:19
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 02:36
"I agree", said Gildor, he stood up and tested the splint, it worked beautifly. 'Thank you my friend", he said, I think we should purchase some medical supplys, food stuffs, spare clothing, tools, and some climbing gear", agreed?.   

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:03
The Platypus then said, "Friends, I invite you to have some food here at the market and to talk about our different lives. We need some rest and to bring out thoughts together. Let's go to the ale house and talk!"

I am going to be gone from tomorrow until Sunday afternoon. While I am gone, go to the ale house and talk about your back stories.
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:13
An absentminded wanderer appears in the realm, says, "Eh? What's all this now?" and immediately falls asleep standing. It appears he suffers from narcolepsy and will only be able to act every now and then; thus, the wanderers of the realm could either welcome him or dismiss him on the grounds that he will only be able to participate every now and again due to time constra... er... narcolepsy.

-Akolouthos
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:42
"So whats your story"?, Gildor, he said to Aefgifu.

TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 04:46
  As they sat down in the alehouse, Sarakh swirled his  flagon, moodily observing the flow of the contents.

"I'm sure your stories are much more interesting than mine...a mere progression of events, rather than some great and heroic tale. I was born in a land you likely have never seen; hence the reason my name is so different than any you have heard. I was a member of a people known as the Shomo'Vashe...we lived in the deserts and volcanic islands of the coast where I was born. unlike many other Shomo'Vashe, I was born in the city, rather than on the sea of sand or water. I grew to a determined youth...I was in some ways delinquent when I was much younger, and much of my life was spent trying to escape that--turn fury into control, stubbornness into maturity. It was a long struggle, but I succeeded, and grew...I went into the corp of diplomats of the Kharakhem'Shulvas--the Kharakh Alliance. Kharakh, you should know, is what the larger group that includes the Shomo'Vashe calls themselves...and while they are very distinct groups, there is a strong alliance and a central government--such as it is--which holds them all together. We are one people, and many, at the same time. In the corp of diplomats, I learned several things--I loved knowledge, persuasion, and the complexities of policy...and I had a grim delight in combat.

I was learning as a mage while in the diplomatic corp, you see...and mages of the Shomo'Vashe are required to take a long journey of self-discovery--or more precisely, to simply get away from University and out into the world, and at the same time away from civilization. The diplomatic corp understood, and released me from bondage for a period: with the caveat that I was to communicate to them any new information regarding the peoples I encountered that they could use to better facilitate understanding.

I traveled north and east for a while, eventually reaching a new land where great and strange peoples lived...the Tssakh, the creatures of predatory claw and fang and scale, in their great cities rising from the jungles and rocky crags. The Sarkuth, barbarians from the north, huge and red-eyed, warriors and traders. The Kan, so much like us humans...but so different, nihilistic and proud, fierce swordsmen and riders surrounded by more powerful states, living amidst the ashes of an empire they had made that had fallen over two decades ago...Tyrann, that empire was named.

I encountered a Tssakh by the name of Saryssk and a Sarkuth by the name of Vulgren...they traveled with a woman known only as Nalya, who was of no people I had known; the Quelros, apparently--they were renowned as graceful, persuasive, and as constant planners and plotters, but good allies and friends. She fit all these traits, and more..."

Sarakh seemed wistful for a moment, staring sadly into the mists of memory for something. After a brief pause, he shook himself out of whatever moment he had been recalling, and continued.

"At any rate...I met them only briefly, and traveled for only a little while, for my powers were guiding me across the waters again, but they showed me the glory of fighting for a cause, or for necessity, and I learned. Saryssk named me Sarakh, or 'Warrior Kin,' but my original name was Zerus'thanem, or 'Rainmaker,' for that is what they call a sage in the desert lands, and my father hailed from there as my mother came from the islands. I took Sarakh as my name, though, for I had earned it in that brief time of victory on the bloody fields...I am Sarakh Zerus'thanem, Rain-maker and Warrior-kin.

I was shipwrecked in the crossing of the sea, though, as I traveled away following my soul, and washed through untold Aeons, it seemed, to this land. I settled myself in, but I do not know how far away my home is, or whether I am even in the same world anymore...I have heard the Bullsung have great wizards, or that they may know where to find one or two. I will help you avenge yourself, for to steal a living person is no small insult..."

Sarakh's eyes flared coldly for a moment, and he suddenly seemed far more deadly than he had before...the charm and with were for a moment parted like mists, and underneath was the face of one who would struggle through ice and sand and destroy any enemy without remorse or hesitation if it was required; it was the face of a predator.

"...but part of my reason for helping you is to find someone who may be able to help me find my way back home--and hopefully," he said, eyes twinkling with charm again, "to leave a bridge that can be crossed if I ever wish to return. I like this land...I see no reason to forget it or it's people forever."

he settled back, and sipped from his mug.

"That is my tale. What of yours?"

(note: I'll be gone from tomorrow to late in the day tuesday, so I can't post more than this for a while.)

((note also: sorry, Aelfgifu, for jacking the "first to tell backstory" slot. Don't taze me!

...'Cause, y'know, you staffmembers can totally taze people over the internet. Cheers))

Edited by TheARRGH - 08-Aug-2008 at 16:26

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 08:32

[Very fun people... ]

'Aelfgifu,.. you are sleeping? Hmmh... Well, go on Gildor... '

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 14:51
"I was born in valinor', began Gildor. 'He paused and it struck his companions how truly and incredibly ancient he really was the first thing I saw that I can remember was the presence of the vala themselves", "you all know how the elves left the valar I went with them but the woman I loved and our child stayed'', he stopped and an incredible and deep sorrow flickered across his countenance then it was gone and Gildor's face was it's normal impassive mask. "You all know the tale of  the war the elves fought against Morgoth and how he was defeated by the host of the valar and how we came to middle earth my wife and my son were with the host of the valar and they stayed with me for a while and I made amends for what I'd done'', "then she went back to valinor but my son stayed and dwelt with me in Lothlorien", during the war of the ring we fought together at Helm's deep, I was badly wounded Legolas and Gimli dragged me inside the keep, but my son was surrounded", "he perished on the wall, his name...... was Haldir", and so I returned to Lorien but I didn't stay for long soon I began to travel one day when Legoas and Gimli build their ship I will sail away with them to the gray havens and thus I will uninted again with my wife and my son but for now I wander the world".      

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 17:21

'Ah... Valinor. I have seen the glory and wisdom of the First Ones. I hope you are a match of them and you would be ready to sacrifice yourself for us as the great Lords of Gondolin once did...', Hoth, of the House of the Platypus, then adjusted his position, only to continue:

[I hope you DO KNOW that there were no elves except Legolas Greenleaf at the Helm's Deep???]

[Plus, could you actually take a caring for grammar and punctuation?]

'I think you've drinken a bit too much. Helm's Deep was a glorious victory but no elves except Legolas were there. And you surely are not the father of him...'

*Whispers to the sleeping Aelfgifu*

'I guess we've got ourselves some kind of a wanna-be person here... delusional...'

[You can't hear when I whisper, btw]

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:21
The were elves at helms deep in the movie.

rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:26
Tolkien didn't film the movie. The film is Peter Jackson's... We are doing Tolkien's LotR. Don't say you haven't read it... 

Edited by rider - 09-Aug-2008 at 21:42
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:41
OOC: I have read it.

BTW it's Tolkien inspired

Edited by Count Belisarius - 17-Jan-2009 at 20:12
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:43
So... Now you might edit your posts to be Italic so people can understand it's OOC talk.. .
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2008 at 21:52
"If you'll excuse me", said Gildor, "I'm going to go take care the narcoleptic dude", whisper to Lord Hoth, "He'll a good human sheild if nothing else", "Sarakh you would'nt happen to have some red bull would you"?.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>