Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE Tolkien Role Playing Game?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE Tolkien Role Playing Game?
    Posted: 03-Aug-2008 at 15:27
Hello there,

i wanted to gauge the interest in a possible RPG to be played in AE? I am designing a small Tolkien-inspired adventure/puzzle game that will probably read more like interactive fiction over a computer board.

So... if you like hamming it up and you want to pretend for a while that you are a knight avenging the honor of a fair maid, let us know so that we can get the game rolling
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2008 at 23:02
If I can be a fair maid avenging the honour of a knight, I am interested...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 00:09
I think that would be fun, as long as I can be an elven warrior, are we talking LOTR with weapons, armor, and citys like the movie?   

Edited by Count Belisarius - 04-Aug-2008 at 00:11

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 01:44
Aelfgifu,

Sure. You can be a maid avenging the honor of a knight. Nothing more fearsome than a spurn women; just ask Medea about that. I will write that into the story: instead of one kidnapped maid, it is a maid and a knight, taken away by the terrible Bullsung. Double indignity!

So are you officially playing?

C.B.,

Sure. You can be and elf. And yes, there will be armor, and weapons, and monsters, oh my! No cities though. It is a small story. There will be a magical forests and underground mines, and, of course, some hateful enemies who ran away with a kin maid and a knight!

Will I take it that you are playing as well?
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 12:05
I'd wish more expaining but one needs to kill the time... 
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 15:33
I might play, you sure we can't have city's? it would be cool to infiltrate a city, dodge traps and what not, defend the city during a siege. And could we explore ancient ruins for treasure? and is the game like like the movies?. 

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 17:29
Rider,

Okay, I will explain it more. Each person will play a character. Each character has a series of attributes, such as strength, intelligence, speed, etc. Each character can choose to be a fighter, a wizard, a cleric or a thief. (I recommend fighters.) Then, if it strikes your fancy, you can choose to be a jolly dwarf or an joyful elf.

You have a certain amount of health points, and you get to battle against other people. I will roll dice at home to determine outcomes. Then I will write more of the story according to what happened.

I will write out the story, and then you brave knights decide what action you will take. Get in character and ham it up. I will go forward once I get at least two people signed up. Others can join along as the story unfolds.

C.B. I can't tell you too much of the story without giving it away, but you do have the chance to look up for treasures through ruins. Think of it as a little story not found in the books or the movies that yours truly made up And the best thing is that you determine your lines and your actions.

No, this adventure that I wrote, I am finished, doesn't have a city. But if this game works out well, I may be willing to write a story line in an urban setting.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 15:48
Okay cool, I'm in.

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 17:06
Great! Now all what we need is a confirmed second player Oh, Rider....
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 18:15
Yes. And Aelfy also... :D 
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 19:03
Alright! what now? 

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 19:59
Cool! Tonight I will roll your character. You will human fighters unless you wish to be something else, like a wizard or a cleric, which is a fighting, healing, and home brewing priest.

Make up your own names or I will give them to you. I will pick up my copy of the Eddic Edda and give the first random names that I found there.

Tonight or tomorrow I will start the game in a new thread.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 22:22
My Character is a Noldor Elflord/KnightCheers (If I can be a knight), My name is Gildor Estelgalad. And can I have a barded battle trained elven steed, a lance, a long sword and dagger/elven knives/throwing knives, and a sheild, and a bow?Smile, one more thing can our weapons be magical?, you know, glows blue when orcs are near? and what time period is the game set in? and how many health, strength, intelligence, speed, etc. points are we allowed?   

Edited by Count Belisarius - 06-Aug-2008 at 00:20

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 02:43
Okay, I will start the new thread with the game after I am done doing a few more calculations.

I already rolled the characteristics of the 3 people participating. I will describe them to you in a moment.

As for all of the goodies, I will check the books, grant you some, and then you will have to buy the rest.
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 02:56
I wanna join!

My character is woodsmen hunter, equipped only with a bow and a dagger. With many years of practice hunting wild game, I am a great archer. I have a scent hound perhaps?
What is the officer problem?
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 03:39
Just in time! (Actually, I was planning on letting anyone enter into the game at any point ) I will roll your character tomorrow morning or later tonight, depending on how much energy I have right now. I will start the game in a few minutes, and include your arrival into the story.
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 03:45
Alright. Sounds great.
What is the officer problem?
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 08:11
Ok, I want to play, but I might not be be online for a day or two, three. I'll catch up, I promise.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 09:31

Well. Let's say my name is 'Lord Hoth'... Human? Mage? /UNLIMITED POWER/

Or I may be the Platypus also... Sleepy

Edited by rider - 06-Aug-2008 at 09:33
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 10:32
Why are these RPG always on the alliance side? I am a horde player myself. Ca't I be a Tauren, or Troll? Ohy well. I settle for Human then, as Elves are way too much the prissy know it alls for me, and Dwarves are, well... Dwarves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>