Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims or Catholics for Orthodox survival

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslims or Catholics for Orthodox survival
    Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 07:19
Interesting map. Smile
Σαυρομάτης
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 11:17
By 2004 religion was irrelevant (to people's actual behaviour) in Europe and had been for a long time. A map somehow comparing economic prosperity and secularism would be interesting.

But Seko's right, the question here was supposed to be about religious tolerance.

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 12:14
The 'independent' Orthodox (so-called 'Byzantine') socio-political 'sphere' in Eastern Europe was greatly weakened by the Latins and the Ottomans together. In that sense, I think there was a power vacuum there which got filled.

From a cultural plurality point of view, it is sad that the Orthodox sphere (what Huntington calls the 'Eastern civilisation') was weakened, and it would be wrong to say that Ottoman (or Catholic) domination was good for them. In my opinion, if the Balkans were under Byzantine rule instead of Ottoman, today the Balkan minors would not be so thoroughly 'Westernised', but would have had a stronger sense of cultural distinctiveness as a whole, although they would have faced another danger, that of Hellenisation.

However, there are important points to consider.

1. Since the divide of the Roman Empire in half, the Western part was dominated not only by a different religion, but also by a socio-economic order different from the Eastern part. The Western part had rural feudalism, while the Eastern part had an economy based on cities and rural communities. The Latin-Byzantine conflict was also the conflict between the Western feudal system and the Eastern traditional system. Ottomans replaced the Byzantines in this struggle. Feudal system exploited the peasants more, and allowed a higher rate of wealth accumulation, which led to increased investment in the West and their eventual economic development. But it was not liked by peasants. Especially when applied by foreign peoples and oppressive alien churches. That's one reason why Orthodox Balkan peasants supported the Ottomans.

2. Ottomans made a deal with the Orthodox church. It was the official church, and it regained the areas lost to Catholics. If you look at the converted Muslim areas in the Balkans, you see that they are more likely to be Catholic before, rather than Orthodox. 

3. Western superiority over others was apparent after two simultaneous revolutions, the industrial (British) and the political (French). The effects of these revolutions spread from the ground zeros in these countries by diffusion, similar to the shockwave of an explosion. Proximity to the centre gave those countries a headstart. That's why they were more developed. Not because they are Protestants, Catholics or Whites or whatever.

4. Of course one can ask why those revolutions (in short, modernity) started in those countries and not in anywhere else. The reasons are many, feudal system was possibly one of the reasons, geographical advantage, mercantalism, exsistance of small states, exploitation of the overseas colonies, etc. Whatever the reasons, these things happened not because the Westerners were Protestant, Catholic or White. Anyone who believes that is racist, and more importantly, wrong.

5. If you look at the relative development of the areas (taking into account their populations etc.), you will see that the Balkans are not that backward compared to other areas such as Poland, Ukraine, the Baltic or Belarus. In the 19th century, Ottoman Empire was backward compared to the West, but not that backward compared to Russia. Austria-Hungary was developed in parts (it was much nearer to the ground-zero of the dual revolutions), but Hobsbawm writes that the level of development their lands in the Balkans were low. The literacy rates in Austro-Hungarian Croatia were no better than the Ottoman areas. Same for Sicily and southern Italy and parts of Spain and Portugal. Russia was politically a fossil by late 19th century, and was more backwards than the Ottoman Empire, which had a multi-party system going in 1900s. Comparable countries farther from Europe such as Iran or China were far more backward that the OE and Russia.

6. At the time of and after the Greek war of independence, there were two schools of thought, the neo and paleo imperialists. The first group wanted to unite the Greeks in the Ottoman Empire under the Athens government and their independent church, and the second group wanted to reinstate the Byzantine Empire from within the Ottoman empire and the Ecumenical patriarchate. This fact indicates the power of the ties of the Patriarchate with the government in Constantinople, even when that government is not Orthodox. The first group won this historical struggle, and defined the future of the Greek state as a Westernised one. Russia tried to fill in the power vacuum left by the demise of the Ottomans, but failed. Today the West has taken over the Balkans and even Turkey is claiming to be 'European'. In fact Europe is nothing other than a geographical expression, which does not have a single culture, religion, or ethnicity. 'European' is an euphemism for 'Western'. Greeks, Bulgarians, etc. were not 'European' because they were not Western. They became Western, when they were dominated by Western 'hard' and 'soft' power. Even Turkey has fallen to the Western expansion, and only Russia stands as a alternative sphere of power, despite taking severe hits after the collapse of the USSR.

7. Looking at the GDP per capita as an indicator of development could be misleading. Turkey today has similar (actually higher) pro-capita income than Bulgaria or Romania (if you look at the distribution, it is all concentrated in the Western part, so if you remove the Turkish Kurdistan, the gap would be even larger). And Greece has higher than all. If you look at the figures from 1990 (CIA factbook is available online), just before the collapse of communism, you see that Bulgaria was similar to Greece an they were both way ahead of Turkey. Even though Greece has always been richer than both since independence, it has recently increased the gap, thanks to EU.

Bulgaria was not richer per capita than Greece at any point, and certainly not 6th in Europe. Check Mark Harrison for GDP before WW2: http://www.jstor.org/stable/152704?seq=4. Bulgaria was ahead of Greece and Turkey in women's rights and education during the communist era, so blaming communism or the Ottomans for their situation today is really lame.

8. So back to the main question, what would have happened if the Balkans were never under Ottoman rule? I think they would be at a similar level of development as today. If they were under Western rule, they would have been even weaker culturally. If they were under local governments or a local Orthodox empire, they would have been stronger culturally. Or at least the Greeks would have been.

Edited by Beylerbeyi - 04-Aug-2008 at 12:19
Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 17:48
Originally posted by Al Jassas

turkey has more muslims in percentage of population and actual practice than either of them and yet it is by far better than most including many former Austrian ruled countries. Bulgarian Turks if I am not mistaken have have a higher living standard than the rest of the population as well as less crime. So is this because they are muslims and the rest are orthodox?

Al-Jassas 

Turks in Bulgaria are some of the poorest and less educated people in Bulgaria.Only the gypsies are worst - and most of them are muslims too.Bulgarian turks live in small villages in southern Bulgaria,have litle to no education (exept Quran ofcourse LOL ) and work in agriculture.They are hard-working yet simple and poor people,so your information is totally wrong.

And we can't talk about TUrkey in general.Turks in Istanbul or Ankara for example might have high standart,but i've been to a hood outside Istanbul,which looked like a huge african refugee camp somewhere in Somalia.I've also seen small villages in Anadolia,where people lived a lot poorer than anywhere in Eastern Europe (exept for Albania and Kosovo ofcourse Wink )

Edited by Władysław Warnencz - 04-Aug-2008 at 17:52
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 18:38
Originally posted by Leonardo

Originally posted by Evrenosgazi

For 14-15th century Hungarians had major desires for Balkans. There were relatively weak states in Balkans and as a major power Hungary tried his chance.When we come to Venice they were the primary participant to the fourth crusade. Charles of Anjou also planned to vitalise the Latin empire in Constatniople. Let us look , do you think that Balkan states could survive to the modern era if the ottomans were defeated?

For sure if the Balkans were not for centuries under the Ottoman yoke they would not be the most backward part of Europe as they unfortunely are.

I tend to agree with you and this yoke eventually led to such things as the Greek revolution etc. I am been to both Greece and Turkey and with the help of the EU Greece is way ahead of Turkey. I found the towns and cities in Greece in better shape but things are improving for the better in Turkey also. One of the reasons my Greek grandparents came to America was because, after centuries of Ottoman occupation, Greece was a financial and cultural mess.

I posted this book before but Spero Vyronis really goes into detail about the Ottoman yoke in "The Decline of Medieval Hellenism in Asia Minor." It is in English and modern Greek but I am not sure if it is in Italian. I highly suggest it!!

Edited by eaglecap - 04-Aug-2008 at 18:41
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 18:45

Hello Wladyslaw

If Turkey's economy was so bad and pumped, why there atill Bulgarian Bulgarians immigrating to Turkey and not the other way around?

Al-Jassas
Evrenosgazi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Evrenosgazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 20:22
Originally posted by Władysław Warnencz

turkey has more muslims in percentage of population and actual practice than either of them and yet it is by far better than most including many former Austrian ruled countries. Bulgarian Turks if I am not mistaken have have a higher living standard than the rest of the population as well as less crime. So is this because they are muslims and the rest are orthodox?

Al-Jassas 

Turks in Bulgaria are some of the poorest and less educated people in Bulgaria.Only the gypsies are worst - and most of them are muslims too.Bulgarian turks live in small villages in southern Bulgaria,have litle to no education (exept Quran ofcourse LOL ) and work in agriculture.They are hard-working yet simple and poor people,so your information is totally wrong.

And we can't talk about TUrkey in general.Turks in Istanbul or Ankara for example might have high standart,but i've been to a hood outside Istanbul,which looked like a huge african refugee camp somewhere in Somalia.I've also seen small villages in Anadolia,where people lived a lot poorer than anywhere in Eastern Europe (exept for Albania and Kosovo ofcourse Wink )
You dont know Turkey, your all observations are false.
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 21:19
Muslims or Catholic for Orthodox survival?
They survived in both rules !!!!
In ionian and cyclades island the Othoman rules was for few years .
Let me bring some data  for Cyclades island 

From 1207-1566 Venecian rule
1566-1684 Ottoman rule (Selim II gave it Don Joseph Nasi )
1685-1699 Venecian rule
1770-1771 Ottoman rule
1772-1774 Rusian rule
1774-1821 Ottoman rule
In reality during the Ottoman rule nothing change in the Cyclades island that means that the venecian  keep their privilege position (they own almost all the land of the island) they didn't pay tax to the sultan because they  continued to  rule the island and they arrange to pay  taxes the rest of the people (orthodox,Armenians,Jews).

Venetians were  interest  to make money from their conquests (the Ottomans had the same goal)
In Syros , Santorini, Naxos today , there is  a community of Roman Catholic descendants of the Venetians.
Well thats the reality.

Well here is the Catholic bishop of Santorini

and the dominican monastery

Edited by Antioxos - 04-Aug-2008 at 21:21

By antioxos at 2007-08-20
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 22:06
One of the reasons my Greek grandparents came to America was because, after centuries of Ottoman occupation, Greece was a financial and cultural mess.

Than your grandparents were farmers. Most of greek traders were rich.

By the way,If emigration is a good sign of poority, shouldnt europea more poor from ottomans? They gave more immigrants.. Much more.

And we can't talk about TUrkey in general.Turks in Istanbul or Ankara for example might have high standart,but i've been to a hood outside Istanbul,which looked like a huge african refugee camp somewhere in Somalia.

You mean where? I almost went half of Turkish cities and not aware of such place and please do not tell me, You went mountain villages of eastern turkey.(They include 10-20 house. So not much developed.) Okey. I understand you do not care polital correctness. Not big deal. But at least, give more importance to your personel correctness.

When It comes too bulgaria, Just curious which nation is leaving from bulgaria? Turks or bulgarians? how is your population problem goes? is It ottoman guilt too?

That is realy boring and absurd. After 100 year and two world war, You still accuse ottomans? Eh. It is better If You accuse satan for first sin.Wacko

I hope my grandsons will not suffer same absurdity.

Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 22:27
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

3. Western superiority over others was apparent after two simultaneous revolutions, the industrial (British) and the political (French). The effects of these revolutions spread from the ground zeros in these countries by diffusion, similar to the shockwave of an explosion. Proximity to the centre gave those countries a headstart. That's why they were more developed. Not because they are Protestants, Catholics or Whites or whatever.

4. Of course one can ask why those revolutions (in short, modernity) started in those countries and not in anywhere else. The reasons are many, feudal system was possibly one of the reasons, geographical advantage, mercantalism, exsistance of small states, exploitation of the overseas colonies, etc. Whatever the reasons, these things happened not because the Westerners were Protestant, Catholic or White. Anyone who believes that is racist, and more importantly, wrong.

The main reason was the turn to the greco roman culture from  the backwardness of the (this period at least) christianity.
The fall of Constantinople  to the Ottomans in 1453 was a turning point. Where Byzantine -Greekspeaking (i.e. Eastern Romans) scholars fled west to Rome, bringing with them classical Roman and Greek texts as well as their knowledge of the classical civilizations, much of which had been lost in Western Europe for centuries.
Actually western Europe became the carrier ,after the fallen of Byzantine empire and the decline of Islam , of the Greco Roman tradition and the development of the logic as mean to explain everything .The dispute of everything and not accepting any more the inerrable of the church brought to W.Europe  industrial , political revolutions.

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 22:43

Hello Wladyslaw

If Turkey's economy was so bad and pumped, why there atill Bulgarian Bulgarians immigrating to Turkey and not the other way around?

Al-Jassas

Is that so?  I thought it would be more natural for Bulgarians to migrate to the Western EU, especially since Bulgaria is aslo a member state now.
Σαυρομάτης
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 23:13
This probably has lessened now that Bulgaria is in the EU. Im betting this fact is a year or so old.

Venetians were interest to make money from their conquests (the Ottomans had the same goal)

I remembeer reading about Corfu in particular and they discussed the role of the Catholic church and the power it had over a large mass of population. When the French took over, the Venetian could call upon the clerics to create a rise against them. On top of that, when the French tookover they found an intellegencia almost entirely made up of Italian speakers. Even the native Greeks who were part of the higher stratus spoke Italian almost exclusively with Greek being looked upon as the language of the low.

Its interesting that this was occurring at a time when on the other side, inside the semi-indepedent entity of Epirus, Ali Pasha made Greek demotiki the language of administration.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 23:22
yeah with a growth of just 1% in Germany, sure there are lots of opportunities in Old europe, nearly 300 thousand ethinc Bulgarians live in Turkey nowadays. actually after the induction to the EU Bulgaria is doing quite well and the tide of immigration is somewhat lessened. Only rampant crime and corruption is the real threat to the success of Bulgaria. One interesting correlation is that once Turks expelled by the old regime retuned, Bulgaria has been experiencing an economic revival especially in agriculture, I wonder why.

As for the topic at hand since i haven't commented on it yet, I think that Beylerbey nailed it in his analysis that it would be probably the greek culture which will continue to dominate the Balkans if the ottoman or the europeans didn't come, but one thing is fr certain, enlightenment would have definitely never started in the balkans nor reached it during the 18th century. The socio-economic conditions are just against this prospect.

Al-Jassas
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 10:39
Originally posted by Theodore Felix

This probably has lessened now that Bulgaria is in the EU. Im betting this fact is a year or so old.

Venetians were interest to make money from their conquests (the Ottomans had the same goal)

I remembeer reading about Corfu in particular and they discussed the role of the Catholic church and the power it had over a large mass of population. When the French took over, the Venetian could call upon the clerics to create a rise against them. On top of that, when the French tookover they found an intellegencia almost entirely made up of Italian speakers. Even the native Greeks who were part of the higher stratus spoke Italian almost exclusively with Greek being looked upon as the language of the low.

Its interesting that this was occurring at a time when on the other side, inside the semi-indepedent entity of Epirus, Ali Pasha made Greek demotiki the language of administration.

The "western influence" in the Ionian islands is visible till our days .For example the 15 Philharmonic Orchestras  (with amateur musicians) of Corfu is something amazing.

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 12:12
The main reason was the turn to the greco roman culture from  the backwardness of the (this period at least) christianity.
The fall of Constantinople  to the Ottomans in 1453 was a turning point. Where Byzantine -Greekspeaking (i.e. Eastern Romans) scholars fled west to Rome, bringing with them classical Roman and Greek texts as well as their knowledge of the classical civilizations, much of which had been lost in Western Europe for centuries.
Actually western Europe became the carrier ,after the fallen of Byzantine empire and the decline of Islam , of the Greco Roman tradition and the development of the logic as mean to explain everything .The dispute of everything and not accepting any more the inerrable of the church brought to W.Europe  industrial , political revolutions.

That the torch of reason was lit by the Ancient Greeks and passed on to the Romans and the Muslims and then to the West, is in essence and idealistic and simplistic view of history.

As I wrote the the dual revolutions happened in England and France, and they were results of the socio-economic situation there. Materialistic conditions determined the Western rise, not idealistic conditions. French bourgeoisie and the peasants did not revolt because of so-called 'democracy' of Athens. And English industrialisation did not happen because they were an society especially ruled by reason. In fact, at the beginning of industrialisation, England was one of the less literate in Europe. They had only two universities, if I'm not mistaken, compared to many in Italy or elsewhere. French were much better in science than the English, but the English industrialised. Because England had the right socio-economic conditions (e.g. dispossessed peasants), production relations (e.g. capitalism) and also resources (e.g. coal). 

Roman, Greek, Islamic learning had next to zero effect on these great events which changed the fate of nations and the world. Ideologies, theories and propaganda have followed the material change as always.  
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 12:55
Originally posted by Władysław Warnencz

And Ottoman rule brought not simply economical but CULTURAL backwardness,because people under Ottoman rule didn't live through their own Renaissans,Enlightment age and other periods in European history...They were cut off of the christian world,not being able to produce their own great artists,writers,politicians and scientists (at least not as much as other christian countries).
how is that? AFAIK The Greco-Roman elite fled the Ottomans and became religoius and/or politica refugees in places like Italy, not cultural refugees. So the loss from one side was the gain of the other, that is the Latin world did well inadvertently from these Greco-Roman migrants.  Now all that ancient knowledge, that spark (memory) of romanticism over our antiquity which became the Renaissance in the West was kept safe in either (east) Rome or the (muslim) Arabic world.

It was the West that was saved after being cut of from its civilising fathers, and it was the church that almost cut the knot

Edited by Leonidas - 05-Aug-2008 at 12:57
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 13:45
A good read Bey, well written.

Today the West has taken over the Balkans and even Turkey is claiming to be 'European'. In fact Europe is nothing other than a geographical expression, which does not have a single culture, religion, or ethnicity. 'European' is an euphemism for 'Western'. Greeks, Bulgarians, etc. were not 'European' because they were not Western. They became Western, when they were dominated by Western 'hard' and 'soft' power. Even Turkey has fallen to the Western expansion, and only Russia stands as a alternative sphere of power, despite taking severe hits after the collapse of the USSR.
I want say something but i end up just agreeing with you. I know boring.

I do not see Europeans as a natural cultural group. The Mediterranean has much more in common on all sides of that sea than the lass mass named Europe. The term should be political and nothing deeper.

I am one of the few Greeks, at least in the diaspora, that prefers not to be pigeon holed 'Western'. We took that part on, in opposition to our Muslim masters during the Greek revolution. Ironically the renaissance came back in some form from the West and the old antiquities was revived as a source of identity building. The link is there but the Christian-Roman part was much more important. By that time the whole West had (argubaly) adopted the greco roman history as its own. Its the other way around. hmmff

8. So back to the main question, what would have happened if the Balkans were never under Ottoman rule? I think they would be at a similar level of development as today. If they were under Western rule, they would have been even weaker culturally. If they were under local governments or a local Orthodox empire, they would have been stronger culturally. Or at least the Greeks would have been.
If the west ruled us we would be no different to southern Italy where they changed language and church and are no better off for it.

... but we can claim Ferrari's and fashion as if if we live in the Lombard areas and join  the Italians.Wink

My take on the topic;
The Ottomans did protect the Holy Roman Orthodox church, it was a symbiotic relationship.
Its interesting to note the Church only highlights the good bits; the preservation of culture, the 'secret schools',  certain Papas in the struggle. I am a little cynical of that type of memory. Individuals for sure, but the Church as a institution was a part of the Ottoman power structure, even if as a hostage.

However, there would of been no room for this under Latin rule. They were no better, kinder or tolerant of the Orthodox faithful and had every reason to see us proselytized over time. Why? The Holy Roman Orthodox Church is also The Catholic church with strong claims over four out of the original five in the pentarchy. This is a powerful claim (agree with it or not) that cant be imitated or raised by a Protestant type church. While it exist the Latin church will always have that issue of apolistic lineage.

Edited by Leonidas - 05-Aug-2008 at 13:46
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 14:14
Originally posted by Antioxos

The "western influence" in the Ionian islands is visible till our days .For example the 15 Philharmonic Orchestras  (with amateur musicians) of Corfu is something amazing.

And they play cricket....

Władysław Warnencz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Suspended

Quote Władysław Warnencz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 14:28

yeah with a growth of just 1% in Germany, sure there are lots of opportunities in Old europe, nearly 300 thousand ethinc Bulgarians live in Turkey nowadays. actually after the induction to the EU Bulgaria is doing quite well and the tide of immigration is somewhat lessened. Only rampant crime and corruption is the real threat to the success of Bulgaria. One interesting correlation is that once Turks expelled by the old regime retuned, Bulgaria has been experiencing an economic revival especially in agriculture, I wonder why.

As for the topic at hand since i haven't commented on it yet, I think that Beylerbey nailed it in his analysis that it would be probably the greek culture which will continue to dominate the Balkans if the ottoman or the europeans didn't come, but one thing is fr certain, enlightenment would have definitely never started in the balkans nor reached it during the 18th century. The socio-economic conditions are just against this prospect.

Al-Jassas

The only ethnic bulgarians that live in Turkey are those in the European part of it,they are not even close to 300 000 and it is not because of immigration,but because they live there for centuries (read about first and second bulgarian Empire and Tzar Kaloyan,who expeled the greeks there and setlled bulgarians).No bulgarians are immigrating to Turkey,because they won't get a better life there than they have in Bulgaria.Bulgarians immigrate to western Europe and the US,especcialy now,when they are in the EU.And there is even no logic in ANYONE immigrating to Turkey,when thousadns of turks are in fact immigrating to other countries (Germany especially).Why should bulgarians go to Turkey instead of Germany,when it is even easier for them now to go to Germany?There is absolutely no logic in what you're trying to proove.

And the thing about thriving economy beacuse of the return of the turks is simply ridiculous. LOLLOL

Edited by Władysław Warnencz - 05-Aug-2008 at 14:31
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 15:41
Hello Wladyslaw

Sorry man, distribute smiles where ever you want the fact is that there are even more Bulgarians living in Turkey than I initially thought and i don't think the OECD will lie about its numbers:
Look for TUR in the taps below

Al-Jassas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>