Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2010 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup 2010 Qualifying
    Posted: 19-Jun-2008 at 18:48
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
Netherlands Netherlands 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Scotland Scotland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Norway Norway 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Macedonia%20FYR Macedonia FYR 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Iceland Iceland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Iceland will face those teams, whereas the Dutch team is obviously the easiest opponent.

The Vikings vs Alexander the Great!   What if.......    Just kidding, don't get excited.

Across the Atlantic Ocean Brazil only managed to tie Argentina at home.  More pressure building on Dunga.

Good to see Requelme is still in the Argentinian team.Ouch

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 19-Jun-2008 at 18:50
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2008 at 06:51
Tomorrow the European Teams will start into the  WC 2010 qualification skirmish with the following matches...

06/09/08 15:00 Cardiff homeTeamWebName Wales Azerbaijan awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 15:00 Skopje homeTeamWebName Macedonia FYR Scotland awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 17:00 Wroclaw homeTeamWebName Poland Slovenia awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 17:30 Bratislava homeTeamWebName Slovakia Northern Ireland awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 18:00 Mainz homeTeamWebName Georgia Ireland Republic awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 18:45 Tirana homeTeamWebName Albania Sweden awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 19:00 Tiraspol homeTeamWebName Moldova Latvia awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 19:00 Oslo homeTeamWebName Norway Iceland awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 19:45 Budapest homeTeamWebName Hungary Denmark awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:00 Ta'Qali homeTeamWebName Malta Portugal awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:00 Barcelona homeTeamWebName Andorra England awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:00 Lviv homeTeamWebName Ukraine Belarus awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:00 Podgorica homeTeamWebName Montenegro Bulgaria awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:15 Luxembourg homeTeamWebName Luxembourg Greece awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:15 Zagreb homeTeamWebName Croatia Kazakhstan awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:15 Belgrade homeTeamWebName Serbia Faroe Islands awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:30 Vienna homeTeamWebName Austria France awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:45 Vaduz homeTeamWebName Liechtenstein Germany awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:45 Liege homeTeamWebName Belgium Estonia awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 20:55 Ramat Gan homeTeamWebName Israel Switzerland awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 21:00 Yerevan homeTeamWebName Armenia Turkey awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 21:00 Cluj homeTeamWebName Romania Lithuania awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 21:45 Larnaca homeTeamWebName Cyprus Italy awayTeamWebName
06/09/08 22:00 Murcia homeTeamWebName Spain Bosnia-Herzegovina awayTeamWebName

Iceland will face Norway, it will be a tough match, but not without any chance for iceland to make a point.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 05-Sep-2008 at 06:53

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2008 at 22:02
Norway actually does have a descent team.  Riise is famous from his Liverpool days.  Aston Villa's John Carew is also a good striker, though I was surprised to when I saw him in Norgegian uniform.  Isn't Solskjaer a Norwegian also?  Or was it Gronkjaer?  Same difference.  But Iceland has Gudjohnson who I liked a lot when he was playing next to Hasselbaink in Chelsea days.

Well, if Norway goes up too far ahead, Iceland should just turn that into a Handball match, he he.

Almost all match ups above are pretty lopsided, imo.  But Turkey against Armenia?  We are not talking about football any more are we?

Throughout the qualifications I will give a little extra support for Ireland, Denmark, Belgium and Bulgaria, the four teams that has been struggling to qualify for big tournaments in recent years.  I think all four have too much of talents and football traditions to struggle this much this long. 
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2008 at 22:29
whoah, Romania lost 3:0 vs Lithuania and France got licked by Austria 3:1. Shocked
vranakonti View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote vranakonti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2008 at 22:35

Results
Saturday 6 September

Armenia 0-2 Turkey
Georgia 1-2 Republic of Ireland
Macedonia 1-0 Scotland
Moldova 1-2 Latvia
Poland 1-1 Slovenia
Slovakia 2-1 Northern Ireland
Wales 1-0 Azerbaijan
Albania 0-0 Sweden
Norway 2-2 Iceland
Ukraine 1-0 Belarus
Andorra 0-2 England
Hungary 0-0 Denmark
Malta 0-4 Portugal
Montenegro 2-2 Bulgaria
Israel 2-2 Switzerland
Romania 0-3 Lithuania
Luxembourg 0-3 Greece
Croatia 3-0 Kazakhstan
Serbia 2-0 Faroe Islands
Liechtenstein 0-6 Germany
Austria 3-1 France
Cyprus 1-2 Italy
Belgium 3-2 Estonia

Ti Shqipri m ep nder...
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2008 at 13:35
0-0 against Albania, brilliant. They still don't know how to score, although admitedly the Albanian goalie was really good. I strongly doubt Sweden will be in South Africa in two years, even though the current coach has never failed to qualify to the Euro or World cups during his 10 years at the post. A first time for everything I guess. It will however be exciting to see how they play 3-5-2, first change the man ever dared to do!

Edit: oh, nice upset of Austria. Clap

Edited by Styrbiorn - 07-Sep-2008 at 13:41
vranakonti View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote vranakonti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2008 at 22:30
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

0-0 against Albania, brilliant. They still don't know how to score, although admitedly the Albanian goalie was really good. I strongly doubt Sweden will be in South Africa in two years, even though the current coach has never failed to qualify to the Euro or World cups during his 10 years at the post. A first time for everything I guess. It will however be exciting to see how they play 3-5-2, first change the man ever dared to do!

Edit: oh, nice upset of Austria. Clap

Yeah was a god result,for us though a win would have been much better. And it wasn't that bad for Sweden either, a tie in Tirana means 1 gained point rather than 2 losed ones,we aren't that bad in this moment, you'll see that for the other teams will be equally difficult.
Ti Shqipri m ep nder...
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2008 at 17:08
Iceland Ties Norway in Football

The Icelandic men’s football team tied Norway 2-2 at the Ullevaal Stadium in Oslo on Saturday in the qualifying round for the 2010 World Championship in Football.  “Coming to Ullevaal and earning a point is nothing but positive,” Icelandic striker Eidur Smári Gudjohnsen told Fréttabladid who scored the second goal for Iceland around 20 minutes before the end of the game.

According to Fréttabladid, Iceland could have earned two points for a victory instead of sharing the points with Norway for a tie because Iceland played an aggressive offense towards the end and Veigar Páll Gunnarsson made an excellent shot, which hit the pole of the Norwegian goal.

But the team’s coach Ólafur Jóhannesson is not disappointed with the results. “It is very comfortable for us to have a point already, not to mention that this was an away game. I said before the game that we would be thrilled with one point and fortunately that was how it turned out.”

Iceland will play against Scotland next at Laugardalsvöllur Stadium in Reykjavík on Wednesday. Scotland lost unexpectedly against Macedonia on Saturday.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 08-Sep-2008 at 17:08

Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2008 at 17:28
Hello to you all

Iran was saved by the fax list and the ref last saturday, hopefully we will win against Emarates on Wednsday!

Al-Jassas
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2008 at 20:37
after annihilating Liechtenstein on Saturday Germany struggled hard vs Finland, which took the lead three times and ended in a fair 3:3. Finland definately made their bid for Southafrica and maybe they'll make it at the expense of one of the favourties in that group. really great game it was. i also saw north vs south korea and Russia vs Wales which almost drawed the game.

Edited by Temujin - 10-Sep-2008 at 20:38
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2008 at 19:42

...England in ....shockShocked...horror!!!Shocked....'play well' game..........

........beating favs to win Croatia 1-4!!!!!!!....blimey......even i did not expect that, i was thinking we would lose at worst, scrap an away draw at best.....according to reports, England put in a good effort and actually played good footie!!!...shame practically no-one could access the highlights on terrestial TV though....

..still, cannot get too excited....with England, its hard to predict results on any game nowadays....Smile...
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2008 at 20:01
Switzerland 1 Luxembourg 2. What more can be said? Smile

After a year in which two Luxembourg riders finished in the top 10 of the Tour de France and it took Federer to know out Müller in the quarter finals of the US Open.

Josy Barthel's ghost is rubbing its hands....
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2008 at 18:50
good for England, now they're back in the top league again! and even France won, which actually surprised me more. Tongue
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2008 at 21:07
Schit, we didn't beat the little Lichtestein or whatever at our home!

Damn!

We gonna play agianst Finland, next.
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 21:47
Ireland won one, drew one, four points in all not bad but the tough matches are still to come against Italy and Bulgaria...
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 16:50
Hello to you all

At last, victory in the battle of Azadi! We nearly lost qualification but now we have hope.

AL-Jassas
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 18:08
Good for you Al Jassas. I hope you guys qualify for world cup. Iran with its idiot coach (Ali Daei) can not make it anyway, even if they qualify by any chance I am not gonna watch their matches in world cup. Daei is not a good coach, he has got his job through connection not competency.

Edited by Suren - 30-Mar-2009 at 04:24
Anfører
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 21:23
Hey guys what do you say of Spain with the the Cup this time?
They do have a formidable line-up with very talented and young players and a wonderful gatekeeper to add on, so I guess they do have a fare chance this time and if the Italians can do it then for sure this Spanish team can certainly do, the only problem would be with the Brazilians other than them I don't see any great threat on the way.

So go Spaniard go.

Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 03:22
I watched Spain play yesterday. They started very slowly, and I think that Turkey had a couple of great chances that they squandered. However, in the second half Spain looked like the team from Euro 2008. They dominated possession, played solid defense, and were unlucky not to score a few more. That being said, I think that they Turkish goalie deserves particular mention for keeping the game competitive for Turkey. He made a couple of great saves that kept Spain's score low.

It looks like my man Leo Messi ran rampant for Argentina, scoring, and setting up another goal. Unfortunately I didn't get to see that game, but with Argentina winning 4-0 it looked like it was an entertaining game.

I also watched USA vs. El Salvador - after watching Spain work together as a team, watching team USA play was painful. They played with a complete lack of cohesion, forethought, and pace. El Salvador deserved to be winning. Only in the last 15-20 minutes of the game did the USA begin to mesh and work like a team, rather than a collection of decent talent.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 04:01
Iranian stupid coach get fired after Iran-Saudi game.Hug

Edited by Suren - 30-Mar-2009 at 04:23
Anfører
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12