Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Transfers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer Transfers!
    Posted: 12-Jun-2008 at 07:00
I've jumped the gun on our esteemed fútbol expert King Kang by starting this thread a little early. After all the transfer fun that has already passed, and with the recent Scolari signing by Chelsea, we're missing out on some solid signing and rumoring! So let's use this thread to talk about done deals and all the juicy football rumors.

I'll start with some good ol' fashion Barça info:

We've already been very active, and made at least one solid big name singing. First and foremost, we've picked up Sevilla defender Daniel Alves. Alves is a beast of a defender and is a solid goal scorer as well. I'm excited to see how he'll fit into the mix.

Other signings:
- Gerard Pique from Manchester United
- Seydou Keita from Sevilla

Loses:
- Gianluca Zambrotta to AC Milan.
- Edmilson has reportedly left Barça for Villarreal.
- Giovani dos Santos has signed a five year deal with the Tottenham Spurs - I'm disappointed with this one because I don't like selling our young strikers when it looks like we might be losing Henry, Eto'o and Ronaldinho. I know that Bojan Krkic will be a solid goal scorer, but it'd be nice to give him some young and energetic support.

Now tell us all the juicy info you have about your favorite teams and leagues, or if you're Kang, about everything in the sport you love so.

Have at!
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2008 at 09:01
Well, well, well, less homework for me, Kaysaar. Smile  You are most certainly welcome to beat me to open this thread.

Anyway I've heard many rumors and deals but haven't had time to take it all in so I'm gonna need a couple of days to get myself going.  One of the reason I haven't started the thread yet. 

It's late so I'm just gonna comment on your post tonight but hey we got all summer to talk about this, right?

Pique.  Wasn't he with Zaragosa last season?  Left back, right?  I know he's capable of pushing up.  Is he a good defender though?  I don't know, what is it really mean to 'defend' for Zaragosa?  I'm thinking next van Bronckhorst.  Should he start in front of Abidal? No way!  Great back up though.  

Keita.  Somewhere between Senna and Mikel, more speed though.  Paired with Yaya Toure, he will give more defensive presence in the middle.  But if starting at Toure's spot with Xavi or Iniesta will bring more speed and ball handling skill in than Toure.  If he can handle that spot defensively that could be a big hit.  Also look forward to see him go against his fellow Malian Diarra in the Barca-Real derby!

Zambrotta.  Great player but I'm happy to see him go back to Italy.   In Serie A he's the most offensively skilled defender since Cafu, in La Liga he was just one of the many.   i also wanna see AC Milan getting better too.

Edmilson.  Love that guy.  I don't know if he's a Barca type big club everyday starter anymore but for Villareal he will be great.  Love Villareal.  Miss Requelme though.  Edmilson could play right behind Senna.  That would be great.  I also think he still got some ball handling central defender days left in him too. Either way he will make Villareal more versatile.

dos Santos.  Obviously Tottenham is one of the teams to watch this summer.  But what would that get them?  Are they gonna be good enough take a CL spot from the top four?  I doubt it.  But we know Juande Ramos will implement that attacking football.  More for the fans of the beautiful game!

Speaking of Tottenham, have heard that Berbatov to Barcelona rumor?    I like that.  He more straight forward turn and shoot kinda guy compare to what Barca is used to.  He can be the simple solutions what the complicated midfield is serving for him.

Ok that's it for now.  I'll be back.    

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 12-Jun-2008 at 09:04
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2008 at 23:16
Alright, I'm back.

First start out with a website that updates well on the transfers.

Don't have time to go through all that right now but I will go through league by league to catch up to the date.
In honor od Kaysaar start out with La Liga.

Date Player From To Status Type
6/13/2008 Del Olmo Eibar Athletic Bilbao Confirmed Full Ownership
6/7/2008 Gerard Recreativo PAOK Confirmed Full Ownership
6/7/2008 Robert Flores River Plate Montevideo Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership
6/7/2008 Joffre David Guerrón L.D.U. Getafe Confirmed Full Ownership
6/6/2008 Giovani Barcelona Tottenham Confirmed Full Ownership
6/6/2008 Jozy ALtidore New York Red Bulls Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership
6/4/2008 José Martín Cáceres Villarreal Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/31/2008 Gianluca Zambrotta Barcelona Milan Confirmed Full Ownership
5/30/2008 Pinto Celta Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/30/2008 Antonio Cassano Real Madrid Sampdoria Confirmed Full Ownership
5/29/2008 L. Acosta Lanus Sevilla Confirmed Full Ownership
5/27/2008 Gerard Piqué Man Utd. Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/26/2008 Llorente Valladolid Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership
5/26/2008 S. Keita Sevilla Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/23/2008 Carlos Alberto Vela Osasuna Arsenal Confirmed End of Loan
5/23/2008 O. Bravo Guadalajara Deportivo Confirmed Free Transfer
5/23/2008 Adrián González Real Madrid Getafe Confirmed Full Ownership
5/23/2008 Edmilson Barcelona Villarreal Confirmed Free Transfer
5/21/2008 Tomas Ujfalusi Fiorentina Atletico de Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
5/21/2008 Felipe Melo Almeria Fiorentina Confirmed Full Ownership
5/20/2008 E. Garay Real Madrid Racing Confirmed Loan
5/20/2008 E. Garay Racing Real Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
5/16/2008 Beranger Numancia Espanyol Confirmed Full Ownership
5/10/2008 C. Álvarez Rosario Central Espanyol Confirmed Full Ownership
4/29/2008 Javi García Osasuna Real Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
4/3/2008 Rafa Valladolid Getafe Confirmed Free Transfer
3/25/2008 John Heitinga Ajax Atletico de Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
3/24/2008 Roberto Sporting de Gijon Osasuna Confirmed Free Transfer
3/14/2008 Felipe Melo Almeria Fiorentina In Talks Full Ownership
3/13/2008 G. Pereyra Mallorca Lokomotiv Moscow Confirmed Full Ownership
2/25/2008 A. Kerzhakov Sevilla Dinamo Moscow Confirmed Full Ownership
2/6/2008 Andrés D'Alessandro Zaragoza San Lorenzo Confirmed Co-Ownership

I included couple mid-season transfers cuz it was intersting enough. 

D'Alessandro, 

Loved him from River Plate and Wolfsburg days.  Paired well with Petrov, now with Man City, back in the Wolfsburg days.  Developed through that Argentinian under 2o squad that included the likes of Saviola, Requelme, Aimar, etc.  Paired with Aimar again in Zaragosa.  When they clicked they played some beautiful football for Zaragosa.  When they tounced Real Madrid 6-1 in Copa del Rey two seasons ago, that was classic.  But eventually and Zaragosa fell apart didn't get along with Aimar.
So he went back to Argentina.  I would like to see him back again in La Liga and Argentinian national team.  Quite skillful, quite feisty, quite entertaining, quite a headcase.

Kerzhakov, 

I don't know why Sevilla didn't keep him and I don't know why Hiddink is not starting him in the Euro.  Best Russian attacker imo.  Young enough, he'll be back in the big leagues soon.

Heitinga, Ujfalusi, Atletico Madrid,

So I see Atletico added couple of capable defenders.  Good for them.  Both are in the Euro right now, Heitinga in Oranje bench, and Ujfalusi with Czech as starter.  Both capable of pushing forward. Ujfalusi brings more defensive grit.

Anyway, I gotta fly for now but I'll be back with the rest of the list.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2008 at 09:05
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Heitinga, Ujfalusi, Atletico Madrid,

So I see Atletico added couple of capable defenders.  Good for them.  Both are in the Euro right now, Heitinga in Oranje bench, and Ujfalusi with Czech as starter.  Both capable of pushing forward. Ujfalusi brings more defensive grit.

Perhaps Atletico Madrid deserves little more attention since they qualified for the Champs League next season.

Obviously those two defensive pickups are gearing toward CL, bringing in defenders outside of La Liga and none Spanish speakers(rest of the team is mainly Spanish speakers from Spain, Argentina, Uruguay, Mexico). 

I think both newcomers will start Heitinga will start at the centerback.  Ujfalusi should start at the rightback but I can see him at the centerback also in La Liga if they feel more adventurous in Total Football way.  Perea is one of the fastest defender in the world. and Pernia scored 10 goals as defender for getafe in 05-06 season  But I think the other central job will go to Pablo Ibanez the most experience Spanish defender in this squad.  Perea might be able to switch to the leftback but if not there is Antonio Lopez. 
These defender are very capable of pushing forward, every single one of them.  But if I'm dribbling into their box nobody really puts the fear in me other than Ujfalusi.  Maybe Ibanez.  Overall they are more skilled than tough.  That's great in La Liga, i hope it works out in CL.  Still it is a major upgrade with those two newcomers.

Losing Maniche and Luccin in the defensive mid though is the bigger concern.  Raul Garcia is as solid as they come in that spot.  I don't know who will play next to him though.  There was Lucho Gonzales from Porto talk which would be the best option but looks like Villareal will beat them out on him.  There is always Motta, who didn't play much last season I don't know if he had injury problems but they were little deeper in that spot.  I don't mind Motta.  I think Barca should have still kept him.  Great luxury to come off from the bench.  Not the smoothest player but good enough for the position has size and toughness.  I remember whenever there was a shoving match in the field he was the first one to come and protect Barca's superstars.  Every team needs a guy like that.  We will also see the Brazilian Cleber Santana at the spot also, who was Ze Roberto's partner at Santos in 06-07.

Simao and Maxi Rodriguez will be the attacking mids.  Both capable offensively and responsible defensively.  Lacks little starpower in comparison to the likes of Real or Barca then again who doesn't?  Reyes and Luis Garcia, Mista are waiting to get back to their elite club darling days. 

Kun Aguero and Forlan are most balanced forward tandem.  I still don't think Aguero is on the same level as Messi, but he did have more than few games provided good cases for that argument, especially when he beat Barcelona almost single handedly.  Only concern for me is that if Forlan goes down who can play in front of Aguero.  I guess Mista can. 

Just out of curiosity though, I know they were able to rebuild this squad from the money they got from selling Torres off to Liverpool.  And they look better now than the Torres era.  But just imagine somehow they were able to keep Torres and still be able to pick up Aguero same time.  Wow, that would have been something, hah.

It's late again. I'll be back with Villareal next.       
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2008 at 21:49
Da Silva leaving Stuttgart, i also read it today on the net but it was already certain he would leave since some time... too bad, he was one of my favourites. Cry a lot of obscure talk about Gomez too, but nothing clear yet.Disapprove
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2008 at 06:55
Meanwhile the unutterable team of the Bundesliga ( a hint: this is playing in blue/white shirts and are domiciled in the western ruhr-ara) made it's most expensive transfer in team history.
They engaged the 23year old Jefferson Farfan. A peruanin attacker who played at PSV Eindhoven (Holland) for about 10 million €.

To be honest, i never heard of him before.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2008 at 08:35
Da silva leaving Stuttgart, You know where to, Temujin?  Mario Gomez is targeted by Juventus?  I have a feeling Serie A will be really strong next season.  I think Juve, Inter AC Milan, and Roma are gonna be all good.  I got a feeling Mario will stay though.

Meanwhile I think Farfan for Peru is a good pickup.  It cost them only 10 mil?  That's a bargain.  The Peruvian has been with PSV since 04-06 season when they went the Champs League semi final.  162 games and 71 goals in all competitions for PSV in 4 full seasons, two 21 goal season in Eredivisie.  Not bad.

Anyway, it's Nihat's day so I'm moving on to Villarreal.
They just picked up Edmilson, Liorente, Flores and American phenom Jozy Altidore.  All good pick ups.

Capdevila on the left back and Venta on the right is solid.  Godin and former Arsenal Cygan will be in the middle. Now they can put Edmilson there too.  Josemi can plat center or right. Fuentes also can push forward too.

I think Edmilson might be better playing next Senna especially when they are going against physical midfield like Real Madrid with Diarra, Guti, Julio Baptista, Gago.  I like Josico and Cani too.  Senna and Carzola are big part this team and the Spanish national team.  Senna as I mentioned Euro 08 thread is like the poorman's Seedorf.  And Carzola made this team to forget about Riquelme.  That's big time.  Another ex-Arsenal Pires is paired Carzola like he was with Ljungberg back in the day.  Think of his role as Pirlo to AC Milan and Italy.  Kinda like the Spanish national team I think they can use another true winger.  Young burner coming off the bench like dos Santos or Theo Walcott type.

Nihat and the young Italian Giuseppe Rossi are the one two punch up front.  Both can step out on the wings, perhaps why they don't need another winger.  Watching Nihat in this Euro Cup reminds me of Ricardo Oliveira and Tamudo.  I know those two are very different players.  Oliveira is a cocky opportunistic gun slinger and Tamudo is a grounded pesky hard worker.  It Nihat can maintain both qualities, he could be good for 15-20 every season like last year's 18.  Another Italian Franco also scored 8 for them as their third option.  Jon dahl Tomasson is always capable of doing 5-10 goals off the bench also.  And one of the newcomers Lerente, Altidore and Flores mgith start out with a 5 goal season or better if they get some playing time.   

There is no real superstars on this team.  Just bunch of rejects, overlooked and has beens.  My kind of team.  They are versatile and deep though.  They've already been to the Champs League semifinal in 05-06, lost to Arsenal.  Requelme and Forlan were their best players back then.  I think this squad is better than that squad.  No guarantee in semi though.  But watch out in both La Liga and the Champs League.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 16-Jun-2008 at 08:35
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2008 at 21:58

Da silva leaving Stuttgart, You know where to, Temujin? 

Karlsruhe
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2008 at 22:56
It looks like Adebayor is on his way out of Arsenal - according to this article the Arsenal striker has signed a deal with AC Milan. I think that this is an interesting move - Milan might need another forward of his skill to replace the oft-injured (and now highly embarrassed) Ronaldo, and the aging Filipo Inzaghi. Kaká should be pleased to have anther world-class target for his passes.

On the other side, how does this affect Arsenal? This will alter their scoring - but at the same time, Arsenal recovered after Henry left, so they should be fine after he leaves too.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2008 at 20:40
Another bit of transfer potential transfer news: new Barça trainer Josep Guardiola said in a press conference that Deco, Ronaldinho (in his current form), and Eto'o don't figure into his current plans for the upcoming season. Guardiola said that unless the Brazilian phenom can regain his form, then he will not stop those the player from heading to another team. Personally, I think that Barça owes it to Ronnie to give him the time he needs to fix his problems. After all, he was one of the bigger reasons that the Blaugrana enjoyed so much success a few years ago.

Edited by Kaysaar - 17-Jun-2008 at 20:40
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2008 at 06:35
I want Ronaldinho to stay at Barca too.

But I think he will walk the same path of Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo.  Barca is more home youth team product feel to it, like Arsenal.  That can be good thing.  Their new young manager is a former team leader like van Basten, Klinsman, Dunga....  They are all can relate to the young players.  

As Ronaldinho's fan, I want him to play wherever he's excited to play.  As professional athlete he should be excited to play anywhere but as an artist, he's allowed to be uninspired.  Playing with Kaka, Pato and maybe even Ronaldo and Emerson, if they are still there, can be good for him.  

Eto.o should leave, too.  I don't think he's happy playing second fiddle to Messi.  I sense some emotional rift Eto'o, Dinho and the rest of the team and the media.  Yet the city was so quick to fall in love Messi, and who could blame them?  Messi deserves all his affection.  But since Messi became the face of Barca, they haven't won anything.  When they won Messi was still their new weapon not the main weapon.  And the core of that winning team is still there, plus now superstar Messi and Henry, Zambrotta , Abidal, Thuram, Krkic, dos Santos.....  I mean wouldn't that should make the team better?  What does that say about the emotional state of the team last two years.  On the paper, they should not have lost last two La Liga crown to Real Madrid.   

Deco, I think should stay least one more year.  He can still give you tactical stability like he's with Portugal.  He's young enough to be the part of the future.  They just have to tell him that this is his and Messi's team now(until Krkic and Keita develops more).  Cmon, it's sellable.

Anyway Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Deco come showed us some beautiful games.  They thought me Joga Bonita and Santos taught me Futbol Moleque.  Many moments but first one comes to mind is when Ronaldinho got the standing ovation in Bernabeu.  It was like he played music so beautiful, even soldiers would drop their guns and listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3HNX3JIS_o

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 18-Jun-2008 at 06:37
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2008 at 07:21
What a difference a day makes. 

AC seems to back down on Ronaldinho.

Chelsea's on the table again next to Man City.

AC might even lose out on Adebayor to Barca.

What I can see happening is Ronaldinho to Man City, Eto'o to AC Milan, Deco to Chelsea, Adebayor to Barcelona. 
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2008 at 21:39
it seems now pretty certain that Gomez will leave for Bayern....Ouch good riddance! Angry
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2008 at 00:12
The first major loss for Barça fans came today - Chelsea officially signed Deco. I always liked Deco's style of play and am sad to see him go. I hope he's successful in Chelsea, unless we have to play him in the Champion's League Wink.

Edited by Kaysaar - 01-Jul-2008 at 00:13
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2008 at 05:37

6/13/2008 Del Olmo Eibar Athletic Bilbao Confirmed Full Ownership
6/7/2008 Gerard Recreativo PAOK Confirmed Full Ownership
6/7/2008 Robert Flores River Plate Montevideo Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership
6/7/2008 Joffre David Guerrón L.D.U. Getafe Confirmed Full Ownership
6/6/2008 Giovani Barcelona Tottenham Confirmed Full Ownership
6/6/2008 Jozy ALtidore New York Red Bulls Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership
6/4/2008 José Martín Cáceres Villarreal Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/31/2008 Gianluca Zambrotta Barcelona Milan Confirmed Full Ownership
5/30/2008 Pinto Celta Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/30/2008 Antonio Cassano Real Madrid Sampdoria Confirmed Full Ownership
5/29/2008 L. Acosta Lanus Sevilla Confirmed Full Ownership
5/27/2008 Gerard Piqué Man Utd. Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/26/2008 Llorente Valladolid Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership
5/26/2008 S. Keita Sevilla Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
5/23/2008 Carlos Alberto Vela Osasuna Arsenal Confirmed End of Loan
5/23/2008 O. Bravo Guadalajara Deportivo Confirmed Free Transfer
5/23/2008 Adrián González Real Madrid Getafe Confirmed Full Ownership
5/23/2008 Edmilson Barcelona Villarreal Confirmed Free Transfer
5/21/2008 Tomas Ujfalusi Fiorentina Atletico de Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
5/21/2008 Felipe Melo Almeria Fiorentina Confirmed Full Ownership
5/20/2008 E. Garay Real Madrid Racing Confirmed Loan
5/20/2008 E. Garay Racing Real Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
5/16/2008 Beranger Numancia Espanyol Confirmed Full Ownership
5/10/2008 C. Álvarez Rosario Central Espanyol Confirmed Full Ownership
4/29/2008 Javi García Osasuna Real Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
4/3/2008 Rafa Valladolid Getafe Confirmed Free Transfer
3/25/2008 John Heitinga Ajax Atletico de Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
3/24/2008 Roberto Sporting de Gijon Osasuna Confirmed Free Transfer
3/14/2008 Felipe Melo Almeria Fiorentina In Talks Full Ownership
3/13/2008 G. Pereyra Mallorca Lokomotiv Moscow Confirmed Full Ownership
2/25/2008 A. Kerzhakov Sevilla Dinamo Moscow Confirmed Full Ownership
2/6/2008 Andrés D'Alessandro Zaragoza San Lorenzo Confirmed Co-Ownership

7/5/2008 Ranko Despotovic Rapid Bucarest Murcia Confirmed Full Ownership
7/5/2008 Roberto Atletico de Madrid Recreativo Confirmed Full Ownership
7/5/2008 Calatayud Racing Hercules Confirmed Free Transfer
7/5/2008 Ayoze Racing Mallorca Confirmed Free Transfer
7/5/2008 Josemi Villarreal Mallorca Confirmed Full Ownership
7/4/2008 Esteban Celta Almeria Confirmed Free Transfer
7/4/2008 G. Coupet O. Lyon Atletico de Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
7/3/2008 Florent Sinama-Pongolle Recreativo Atletico de Madrid Confirmed Full Ownership
7/3/2008 Raúl Llorente Atletico de Madrid Alaves Confirmed Free Transfer
7/3/2008 Julio Álvarez Numancia Almeria Confirmed Free Transfer
7/3/2008 Luis García Getafe Tenerife Confirmed Free Transfer
7/3/2008 Mario Suárez Atletico de Madrid Mallorca Confirmed Full Ownership
7/3/2008 Jurado Atletico de Madrid Mallorca Confirmed Loan
7/3/2008 Óscar Díaz Elche Mallorca Confirmed Free Transfer
7/3/2008 L. Somoza Villarreal Velez Sarsfield Confirmed Loan
7/3/2008 D. Escudero Velez Sarsfield Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership
7/3/2008 M. Barbosa Villarreal Estudiantes Confirmed Co-Ownership
7/2/2008 Jonathan Pereira Villarreal Racing Confirmed Loan
7/2/2008 Jonás Gutiérrez Mallorca Newcastle Confirmed Full Ownership
7/2/2008 Nieto Real Madrid Castilla Almeria Confirmed Free Transfer
7/2/2008 Hidalgo Malaga Zaragoza Confirmed Free Transfer
7/2/2008 Daniel Alves Sevilla Barcelona Confirmed Full Ownership
7/2/2008 Sebastián Ricardo Nayar Boca Juniors Recreativo Confirmed Free Transfer
7/2/2008 Jon Dahl Tomasson Villarreal Feyenoord Confirmed Full Ownership
7/1/2008 Tomas Ujfalusi Fiorentina Atletico de Madrid Confirmed Free Transfer
7/1/2008 Carlos Martins Recreativo Benfica Confirmed Full Ownership
6/30/2008 Deco Barcelona Chelsea Confirmed Full Ownership
6/30/2008 Esteban Andrés Solari Pumas Almeria Confirmed Full Ownership
6/30/2008 Marco Ruben Villarreal Recreativo Confirmed Loan
6/28/2008 Braulio Atletico de Madrid Zaragoza Confirmed Full Ownership
6/28/2008 Mista Atletico de Madrid Deportivo Confirmed Free Transfer
6/28/2008 Ze Antonio Mönchengladbach Racing Confirmed Free Transfer
6/27/2008 Sunny Valencia Osasuna Confirmed Loan
6/27/2008 Lilian Thuram Barcelona Paris St. Germain Confirmed Full Ownership
6/26/2008 Óscar Zaragoza Olympiakos Confirmed Full Ownership
6/26/2008 Marco Antonio Simoes Caneira Valencia Sporting Confirmed Full Ownership
6/25/2008 José Callejón Real Madrid Castilla Espanyol Confirmed Full Ownership
6/25/2008 Falcón Atletico de Madrid Celta Confirmed Free Transfer
6/25/2008 J. Acciari Murcia Elche Confirmed Full Ownership
6/25/2008 Cuéllar Athletic Bilbao Murcia Confirmed Free Transfer
6/25/2008 Adrián González Real Madrid Castilla Getafe Confirmed Full Ownership
6/25/2008 Balboa Real Madrid Benfica Confirmed Full Ownership
6/25/2008 Pichu Cuéllar Atletico de Madrid Sporting de Gijon Confirmed Full Ownership
6/25/2008 Jacobo Numancia Valladolid Confirmed Full Ownership
6/23/2008 Romaric Le Mans UC 72 Sevilla Confirmed Full Ownership
6/23/2008 Míchel Flamengo Almeria Confirmed Full Ownership
6/21/2008 Dimas Barcelona Numancia Confirmed Free Transfer
6/21/2008 Mavuba Villarreal Lille Confirmed Full Ownership
6/20/2008 Christian Abbiati Atletico de Madrid Milan Confirmed End of Loan
6/19/2008 A. Konko Genoa Sevilla Confirmed Full Ownership
6/19/2008 Edu Moya Recreativo Celta Confirmed Free Transfer
6/18/2008 Fernando Navarro Mallorca Sevilla Confirmed Full Ownership
6/18/2008 Roberto Sporting de Gijon Osasuna Confirmed Free Transfer
6/18/2008 David Fuster Villarreal Elche Confirmed Free Transfer
6/18/2008 Pablo Daniel Piatti Estudiantes Almeria Confirmed Full Ownership
6/18/2008 Lillo Valencia Murcia Confirmed Loan
6/18/2008 Montoro Valencia Murcia Confirmed Loan
6/18/2008 Antonio Núñez Celta Murcia Confirmed Full Ownership
6/16/2008 Pablo Hernández Getafe Valencia Confirmed Full Ownership
6/15/2008 Robert Flores River Plate Montevideo Villarreal Confirmed Full Ownership

Alright more updates on La Liga so I can move on to other leagues too.
What sticks out the first?  Deco and Daniel Alves.  Both Deco and Thuram left Barca.  Thuram's case is more understandable.  He's old enough, achieved enough he just wants to finish his career at home, nothing strange here.  Didn't PSG go down to the Ligue 2 though?  He's still too good to be in the second division of French league.  Then again if he stayed at Juve, he would have played in Serie B. 

Deco finally went.  Xavi couldn't have stepped up his game no better time for Barca than the Euro 08.  This is a new start for Barca with the home grown Coach and the home grown talents, no one is better to lead them than Xavi.  Now I think about it Xavi is the new Gaurdiola!  I still think they need another full time playmaker.  If Xavi's game can develop to Deco+Xavi game which he is capable of and has evolved into at times, but as the full timer we will see. 

Given that they lose Ronaldinho too, I think they need a guy more like Deco+Dinho.  Of course that's lot to ask.  Somebody good enough to fill the space, creativity and tempo control ability though.  Fabregas comes to mind.  Helb or Diego even van der Vaart or Mancini type would work.   

If not the new acquisition Daniel Alves might handle the ball even more than he did in Sevilla if that's possible.  He is capable of that, no doubt.  He's the closest thing to Cafu, well since Cafu was no longer Cafu.  But that is strictly speaking on their offensive side.  If Alves can remind us little bit of Cafu defensively, he could be the most important player in Barca, even more than Messi or Xavi.  Wow that's a big statement.  He's gotta step up defensively though.  It's hard to judge on his Sevilla days because Sevilla as team is not that good defensively. 

Josemi got booted out of Villareal to Malloca.  Makes sense with Villareal picking up Ujfalusi and Heitinga.  Josemi had terrible a season.  Still sad to see him go though, one of the few players left that links back to the Riquelme days.  Then again ending up in Malloca is not the worst exile in the world. 

Jon Dahl Tamasson went back to Feynoord joining Roy Makaay.  Though I thought Tamasson was good coming off the bench for Villareal and every team can use a 'Jon Dahl', I think it will give more opportunity for the American phenom Jozy Altidore who I think is capable of surprising the European fans.

Atletico Madrid sent Abbiati back to AC Milan and picked up Coupet.  Although Coupet didn't have good Euro 08, I'll say it's an improvement considering his experience especially in the Champs League.  They also picked up Sinama Pongolle.  Remember this guy from Liverpool days?  Never lived up to the expectation for Liverpool or for the French but did have a descent season for Recreativo, could be a big hit coming off the bench.

Another name pops up is Mista.  God I miss, Mista, Vincente, Baraja days of Valencia.  From Atletico to Deportivo is a demotion these days.  I hope it gives him more playing time though. 

Oscar went to Olympiakos.  Descent defensive mid.  He will help Olympiakos.

Alright caught up to the date with La Liga.  Barca and Real Madrid will need more updates in coming weeks for sure.  I will do more comprehensive overview by the end of the summer.

Next up Bundesliga!   
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2008 at 21:31
...Hi all...

..according to the BBC sports website, Chelsea have made an 'astronomical' bid for Kaka...anyone care to have a guess???......£100 million plus??.....its not been revealed yet but the hot gossip continues!!!......

....seriously though, this 'money' thing is way outta hand...i know football is a business now but it leaves a very bitter after-taste in the mouth....especially as i heard that Lampard has turned down a 4 year deal at £140,000 per week and wants a 5 year deal and £150,000 per week instead.....yuck....how bigger house does someone really need?....still, for all my feelings, i will be glued to the tv next season rooting for my team and trying to put all the issues over cash to one side....football is just so hard to give up!!!..

..also, Peter Crouch seems to have been signed for Portsmouth citing that he feels he will have a better chance of breaking into the national squad on a more regular basis under Redknapps management.......

..rumours are hot that Uncle Abromovich can persuade Arshavin to come to Stamford Bridge instead of fufilling his dream to play for Barca...hmmm..not sure if that would be such a good buy....have to go with the 'special ones' assessment on this idea...

...ok then, as usual with Chelsea, mostly rumour and speculation right up until the first game of next season, which in this case is home to Pompey....
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2008 at 05:05
Hey AoO, have you heard that Robinho to Chelsea talk?

At this point I want Robinho to get out of Real Madrid so bad.  Ans with Scolari being there Chelsea would be one of the best fit for Robinho.  It's hard to speculate at this point becuase Chelsea will make more moves but I think they can definitely use a creative winger like Robinho especially since Robben went to Real Madrid. 

Whether Drogba, Lampard and Cavaliho will stay is the biggest issue.  Scolari said Sheva, Pizzaro and Malouda are not part of the future plan which I have no problem with.  Sidwell signed with Aston Villa.  Picking up Deco and Bosingwa is very positive especially Deco.  I repect Lampard of course but I have no problem going with Deco, Essien, Makalele in the central mid.  And there is Ballack too.  I think Drogba is even bigger concern.  Not so much of losing him but who to replace him if they lose him.  But Drogba and Robinho up front sound pretty good to me right now. 

You know if Robinho ends up Chelsea, Chelsea's gonna be my favorite team next season automatically, right?  Cheers 
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2008 at 08:00
The Belarus player Hleb prefers obviously the Spanish money. After he had received an offer of Bayern and Barca, he decided to go to Barca.

His contract at Arsenal lasts till 2010, but money makes everything possible.

Hleb is a very promising player with excellent skills. Every team that will have him among it's line-up should be glad.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 10-Jul-2008 at 08:01

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2008 at 09:44

I agree on everything you said, Ulrich.  He's also very versatile too.  I think he can play anywhere except centerback and goalkeep. 

So he went to Barca, hah?  Good for him and good for them.  He would have been my second choice right behind Fabregas for Barca to replace Deco.  Barca will always be my favorite team in Europe, but now days I go wherever Robinho goes. 

OMG I soooo want Chelsea to pick up Robinho and Diego together.  And maybe Renato and Oliveira too. Elano's gonna be hard to steal from Man City though.   I just want to see those Santos boys to reunite and play together again, especially Robinho and Diego.  Then I could die tomorrow and say I lived in a beautiful world.   Chelsea is the only club that have enough money and reasons to do it. 

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 10-Jul-2008 at 09:45
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2008 at 14:55
...Hello again KK..

...i have been following much of the Chelsea transfer speculation on the BBC sports pages and the 'gossip' column, and as expected, everyone and their mother have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge!!!!!!...... Robinho would be a fanstastic addition to the squad and from what i have read, this looks quite likely, although the vast amount of rumour surrounding Chelsea puts me off from getting to concrete about things!!!..i still think the surprise 'move' will be a late transfer by Torres to Chelsea!!!!..can you belive that!!!!!??

....'Decks' instead of 'Lamps' sits well with me, but it will be interesting to see if Lampard chooses to stay and how that will fit in our midfield with Ballack still in the picture, although i heard that Ballack is in 'no rush' to sign any new contracts???.....i have to admit to being not that familiar with Bosingwa before the Euro's but having seen a bit of him since and read all the plaudits, it appears to be a good signing......i am excited at the prospect of the 'new' team and arrival of these great players in the Premiership, but as i have noted before, with Chelsea excitement comes hand in hand with anxiety!!!!....

..Scolari's media 'introduction' was entertaining and i think he surprised everyone with his humour and language ability!!!....its been quite a while since i heard that many news people breaking into that much laughter!!!.....the supposed 'cull' of the squad down to around 23 to 25 players look set to take place....i heard Wright-Philips will be one of those that will go as well, shame if it happens, i do like him although i know he would get more first team action if he moved elsewhere, but i still believe he is one for the future, and with all the criticism towards Chelsea about not developing their youth policy, keeping Shaun would be a benefit....

..so, the gossip will ramble on and i will be have a few ££ on Torres coing to Chelsea!!!!!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>