Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

British Cheerleaders; Banned for being black!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: British Cheerleaders; Banned for being black!
    Posted: 23-May-2008 at 07:50
Gotta love India.
Originally posted by the Telegraph

Two black British cheerleaders have claimed they were racially abused and prevented from performing at an event to promote India’s Twenty20 cricket league.

Dancers Ellesha Newton, 22, and Sherinne Anderson, 25, claim they were stopped from going on stage and abused by an Indian organiser ahead of a match at Mohali.

advertisement

Miss Newton, from Islington, north London, told The Sun newspaper: “An organiser pulled us away. He said the people here don’t want to see dark people.

“The 'n' word was used and they said they only wanted beautiful white girls. We were crying. I could understand if it were the crowd but they were very receptive.”

The two women were among a group of a dozen dancers being used to promote the money-spinning Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament which has attracted star players from around the world.

The incident happened a month ago ahead of a game involving the King’s XI Punjab and came to light when the two women spoke to the Calcutta Telegraph.

Miss Newton told the newspaper that they were going to take their positions on stage when a member of staff from the pre-match show organisers asked them to leave.

She said: “We were surprised and asked them why and they told us it was because of the colour of our skin.”

The organisers, Wizcraft International Entertainment, denied any knowledge of the incident.

A spokesman told the Calcutta Telegraph: “We work with international clients and our employees are trained to interact with them.

“If there had been any racial discrimination I would have received a complaint but I know nothing of it.”

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 09:00
They should ban any cheerleader, best. Dispensable falderal.

Everything used to be better in the 1950s......

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 09:04
How so?
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 14:17
Ugh... Of course I feel sorry for the girls but STRONGLY disagree with cheerleaders in sports. Makes everything cheesy and American.
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2008 at 10:09
There are some gay cheerleader in Germany, no one wants to ban them...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2008 at 10:28

Ulrich. I just lost my lunch. Bill for the meal and my suit, and desk have been mailed to you.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 21:57
Ridiculous.  No one would need to ban the gay cheerleaders, they'd have a tough enough job leading a cheer for anyone or anything (including gay rights).
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 23:43
Originally posted by Parnell

Ugh... Of course I feel sorry for the girls but STRONGLY disagree with cheerleaders in sports. Makes everything cheesy and American.

Those are fighting words, you potato eater.  LOL

Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 00:11

There you go again, including America in a putdown.  Are you sure this isn't a requirement of many of your posts?  You told me you happened to like America... Unhappy

xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 00:30

I agree.
I've never figured out the reason why cheerleaders exist. Or to be more precise, I, as a male understand it but, still, I think it is very diminishing for females.
And byz emp, I don't know if you were kidding or not, but I also think cheerleaders are an american thing.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 00:34
Originally posted by xristar

I agree.
I've never figured out the reason why cheerleaders exist. Or to be more precise, I, as a male understand it but, still, I think it is very diminishing for females.
And byz emp, I don't know if you were kidding or not, but I also think cheerleaders are an american thing.

They very well may be.  I agree that they are something shallow and cheesy.  However, I am noticing a pattern in Parnell's posts in which he takes every opportunity he can get to amplify something negative about America or word posts in such a way that negativity is reflected back on America.

Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 00:45
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

I agree.

They very well may be.  I agree that they are something shallow and cheesy.  However, I am noticing a pattern in Parnell's posts in which he takes every opportunity he can get to amplify something negative about America or word posts in such a way that negativity is reflected back on America.

Maybe he's pissed because the most successful Irishmen are the ones who came here.  Wink

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 01:09

You are so unAmerican!

DAMSELS IN DISTRESS
writtern by the Parnell News Network

The first noticable abomination is that those silly little North Americans place cheese on grilled beef patties and call them cheeseburgers. They also made a holiday out of corned beef and cabbage. Their other most despicable and inhumane act comes from drinking more beer than we Irish. Lastly, heaven forbid, they ogle cute young ladies with tight skirts at sporting events.

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 07:03
Let me , as worldwide wellknown sports- and girls liker, say, let the pretty girls sit next to me, without the pom-poms and other stuff of course, and everything's ok.

But these bouncing daws have nothing to do on the playground.
The playground is reserved for though men, might be the ref and sometimes for streakers.

Yes, this is an disastrous american invention, like cheesburger, commercial-breaks and entry-draft. No good old european sport needs this falderal....

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 09:09
Originally posted by pikeshot1600

I agree.

Maybe he's pissed because the most successful Irishmen are the ones who came here.  Wink

Henry Ford and the Kennedy family aside, I would like to know if Byzantine Emperor thinks cheerleaders enhance sport?? And if it is deniable that cheerleaders are generally a cheesy affair at sports games? American=cheerleader, Cheesy=cheerleader THEREFORE American + Cheerleader = Cheesy and American!

Interpret that how you like....
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 09:12

Anyway, I would like to once again say, AMERICANS ARE NOT STUPID!

Watch that video.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 09:36

I'm totally sure that if you ask in any euro street you will get same or worst answer; well, at least in my country.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 10:09

There you go again, including America in a putdown.  Are you sure this isn't a requirement of many of your posts?  You told me you happened to like America... Unhappy

If Parnells statement is anti-american. Then there isn't a pro-american country on earth.

Cheer leaders are cheesy and they are american. Nevertheless they are kind of cool in the IPL I'll admit.
There is no need for other countries to succumb to Americanisation without at least whinging about it.

(NB. Americanisation, anti=antee not antie, IPL = Indian Premier League = Cricket)

Originally posted by parnell

Watch that video.

God bless the Chaser.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 28-May-2008 at 10:11
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 10:16
Originally posted by Ikki

I'm totally sure that if you ask in any euro street you will get same or worst answer; well, at least in my country.

LOL, ummm.... what?
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2008 at 14:58
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Originally posted by Ikki

LOL, ummm.... what?

He means the man in the street anywhere would neither care about nor find it important to know information that does not affect his daily life.  It is a Jay Leno trick to pull on pedestrians, and the guy chooses his targets to get the "answers" he wants.  There is also a thing called editing.

Youtube....what a fabulous tool for observation.  A real achievement for the world.

Edited by pikeshot1600 - 28-May-2008 at 15:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>