Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Members Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Members Thread
    Posted: 30-Jul-2009 at 09:48
Most of them that you mentioned, have been banned, so they can't be considered as "Missing Members".
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2009 at 10:40
I wonder if we will get any old members who were banned but hopefully will come back more mature. I have sometimes wondered why I was never even warned and some threads got heated up in the old days. I know I had to be more PC in the last few years which is a shame.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2009 at 15:06
Originally posted by eaglecap

I wonder if we will get any old members who were banned but hopefully will come back more mature. I have sometimes wondered why I was never even warned and some threads got heated up in the old days. I know I had to be more PC in the last few years which is a shame.

Ecap, the threads did get heated at times back in the day, but no one took it personally.  At one time you had to really work hard to get banned, but not just because of the mod's attitude.  We are talking a different time with very different people involved.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2009 at 05:58
Before the split, I raised the idea of an Amnesty for banned members with one of the moderators. The proposed amnesty was based an amnesty program offered by Axis History Forum (a large, well run forum). Most of their bans result from violations of the forum's policy concerning Holocaust Denial.

The Holocaust and Warcrimes section moderator informed me that the Axis History Forum amnesty works well.  Banned members who are truly obnoxious neo nazis or the occasional neo stalinist are not interested in returning and do not take advantage of the amnesty program. Instead, the amnesty program tends to attract the return of quality posters who make a strong effort to avoid being banned again.   

cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2009 at 10:02
This is an idea to consider.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2009 at 16:18
Most of the people mentioned as banned have already stated they want nothing to do with AE.com.  Several of them have demonstrated that they no longer have a right to be on this forum by their deplorable and immature behavior.
I personally have been attacked, even though I had not said or done anythiong except come in on Cyrus' side.  Most of the posting has railed at Cyrus and myself using words like, Psycopath, old drunk, etc.  So far the only irrational asnd childish behavior has come from the other side.  Even if I had no previous knowldge of the pretender site I wouldn't have considered going there because of the maturity level, or lack of it, shown by their members and Moderators.

And I will state now that, If AE went dark, and it won't, but if it did, I would consider that the end of AE.  There is no way that I would let myself be involved with the other organization.  From the PMs and other messages I've gotten, the feeling is mutual.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2009 at 05:53
I agree, those who were recently banned due to their actions leading to the split or following the split are not interested in returning. 

An amnesty program, may however, attract some former members who were banned before the split for various other reasons.  This is especially so if some of the bans were a little bit overzealous.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2009 at 10:52
That is really an excellent suggestion Cryptic, the fact is that I myself didn't agree about banning several members, like Land of Aryan and Mosquito who had more than 2,000 posts, in the new forum I removed all theads from Warning and Ban announcements forum because I believed at least some of them were unjust but I did nothing about banned members. There are already near 1,000 banned members!!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2009 at 11:45
I have already taken steps to contact some banned members.  I know of one who is coming back.  We'll see how persuasive I was with the others.  BTW, some of them I banned. LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2009 at 12:24
Just get your head out of your arse Red Clay. Here is what has happened:

1) Cyrus was an immature idiot who wanted supreme control. When this was denied by everyone he ran off an founded his own website. The only people he could get to join and moderate it was an angry bitter man clouded by emotion and a wierd grudge and another who can barely spell.

2) Cyrus stole the databse - hence stole the property of the AE community, the vast majority of which refused to join this shambolic vanity project.

3) Cyrus HACKED into AE.net. He is internet vermin as far as I'm concerned. Red Clay is an egotistical clown who has banned half of the people he once posted along with.

You are both fools and welcome to each other.

And for christs sake Red Clay, lets not remove this post please? Have a bit of balls and argue your corner.

Edited by clayred - 01-Aug-2009 at 13:30
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2009 at 13:19
Yes, perhaps it should be kept as it well demonstrates the mentality and cognitive ability of a Homo Erectus.  

Edited by Cryptic - 01-Aug-2009 at 13:19
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2009 at 13:58
Yes, I agree Cryptic, we should keep it up.  It demonstrates how easily some can be manipulated by someone who knows their emotional buttons.

It also makes it pretty clear why I'm doing what I am.  
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2009 at 15:02

A lot of hysteria is coming from the banned member . The  "have the balls not to delete it " means  : " I m gonna spoil this thread ".

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2009 at 19:04

Dear Knight and other respective moderators & members,

It’s been few years ever since I moved to Canada. While I was immature with enormous time to spare, I was able to literally spam the forum with thousands of not-so impressive posts in this website. It was fun to waste my time like that, but not anymore. I am either at work or at school, and the rare moments of spare time is always used for social life... where I make connections, friends and practice my English skills.

I do not have sufficient knowledge in the realm of history enough to make any meaningful debates or anything along that line. I occasionally browse through the current events section (It seems that my account is still active after years of absence) just to see variety of prospective from people with extensive historical knowledge. The only news channel I get is CBC News, and it’s not very resourceful when reporting the current events.

I thought maybe there were few people who wondered about my absence. (Not a lot, mind you... but I got some messages from fellow members through facebook and such) I wish that this forum, despite its recent decline, would continue to prosper and be a great place to discuss the history and legacy of humankind.

Cheers,

pekau 

PS: I still read a few good history books from public libraries, albeit occasionally.

Edited by pekau - 02-Aug-2009 at 19:06

Join us.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2010 at 14:57
As it stands, I have also had a few run-ins with the "banned crowd", and they are tough cookies.

I have also been banned on another site! Certainly I do make some highly controversal posts, but that should not initiate a "ban", but I have also come to this keyboard lit up like a Christmas tree, and sometimes my evil twin takes over! Laugh! So, whenever you see him, just ignore him! But, it has also gone further than that, you see I have tried to post when I could not type!

Needless to say, gibberish makes even my worst sober posts look good!

So, I hope you moderators can overlook some of my stranger posts?

But, please do not ban me for what I consider as "high energy banter!"

Some of you might well want to call it by other names, but you see, I have lived most of my life in verbal combat, and the challenge it can present to verbally overcome another willing and capable opponent!

As of this moment, it seems the only other poster with whom I have exchanged "high energy banter" is the poster called "The Great Simba1"

But, it seems he does not like receiving "tit for tat!", and has sometimes accused me of being a "troll", or a "flamer", or something!

But, I do not merely live in my cave by the bridge to accost or insult someone! But people with very strong ideas and convictions which are not friendly to my ideas and convictions does sometimes whet my appetite? Laugh!

I sometimes enjoy the fun of the power of words, and expressions! And, in the case of TGS, I have opened my jaws a few times! chuckle!

But, of course, I merely call my actions, "reparte'" A verbal sword fight with no quarter given! But, no flames come out of my eyes!

So, I hope I don't get caught out of my cave too often? And please try to overlook the times that I might well whistle to TGS, and try to lure him into my lair, sorry, I meant to say, a mistake or two?

He is, by the way, a very good opponent!

Regards, (I am not a troll, it is a way of life!) laugh!

Edited by opuslola - 03-Mar-2010 at 15:02
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2010 at 17:28
about 2 years ago this forum use to be really really busy, but now very few people post here, i think the strict rules might have caused this
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2010 at 09:00
Originally posted by balochii

about 2 years ago this forum use to be really really busy, but now very few people post here, i think the strict rules might have caused this
You are correct that we have fewer active members.  This decline, however, is only temporary.

The decline in participation was not do to strict rules.  The rules ensure that this forum does not deteriorate into a rascist, religious, or "were the best" rant forum.

We welcome your contributions.

Edited by Cryptic - 04-Mar-2010 at 09:03
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2010 at 13:43
Originally posted by Cryptic

Originally posted by balochii

You are correct that we have fewer active members.  This decline, however, is only temporary.

The decline in participation was not do to strict rules.  The rules ensure that this forum does not deteriorate into a rascist, religious, or "were the best" rant forum.

We welcome your contributions.

I take exception to the statement "very few post here now".  We have had a drop off in participation, yes.  It is recovering, our hit count has almost doubled in the last 2 months.  If you want to see dead, go visit Simaqian studio/ History Forum.  I don't know what happened to SMQ,  but it's nothing like it was.  There are even active posts still listed with the last date posted being 07 or 08.  That was, at one time almost as busy as AE. 

In regards to strict rules, Cyrus and I have relaxed the rules and the enforcement of same, as much as we can and still maintain an open atmosphere.

Looking forward to future participation.

Red Clay

cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Quote cavalry4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2010 at 16:36
The quantity of posts maybe smaller but quality is very high. Some posts are a pleasure to read. I just read the origin of kurds post and it is really good.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2010 at 19:58
But, what happens if I stop posting? You might well note that I seem to average about five posts per day!

Only Red Clay and TGS seem to find anything wrong with my posts!

Can I consider that "Political" views may tend to prejudice some of the posts aimed, and antigonistic, towards me?

But, following your words above, then I might well consider that the majority of my posts have been "high quality?"

But since I am approaching 800 posts, then you might well feel that only 400 or so of my posts are of "high quality?"

Maybe I am merely "paranoid?" Laugh!

I would certainly want to see the quantity of posters as well as the quality of posters to increase!

But those are the words of a power hungry maniac! Chuckle!

So, come on all of you "trolls" who sit under the bridge! (just Kidding!)

Make yourselves known!

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me!"

Reagards to all of you guys and gals!

Edited by opuslola - 04-Mar-2010 at 20:00
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>