Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is your favorite team?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is your favorite team?
    Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 22:19
Hello to you all

My favorite team which I have been a loyal supporter for some 20 year, ever since I know football, has finally reached its first final in 6 years and hopefully will bring the first championship in 10 years though we have a bad history with finals, we lost 34 final matches in 40 years.

So what is your favorite team/s in every sport you follow?

Al-Jassas
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 23:15
PAOK of Thessaloniki. In all sports (basically Football (or soccer for you yanks) and Basketball.
Sadly, the last years this great team is declining...

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 01:05
I go for 2 teams: Australia, and whoever is playing England
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 01:27
Hibernian and Arsenal.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 01:57
The team that my avatar plays on
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 03:43
Soccer: Korea, Brazil, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Romania, Costa Rica, Honduras, Cameroon, Mali, Guadalupe, Santos, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Roma, Bremen, Arsenal, Man City, PSV, Sporting Lisbon, Monaco, Fenerbahce, CSKA Moscow, Chicago Fire, LA Chivas, Illhwa Chunma(K-League)

Baseball: Korea, Tigers, Mets, Twins, Angels, LG Twins(KBL)

Basketball: Pistons, Suns, Rockets, Blazers, Bobcats, Hawks
                  Michigan State, Georgetown, Cincinnati,

Fictional: Team America(F&ck Ya!)

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 25-Mar-2008 at 04:01
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 06:10
San Antonio Spurs in basketball.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 09:16
England. Mainly Rugby and Cricket. Though I do have Australian sympathies of course. I am a Chelsea supporter too (though not fervent). 
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 11:26
Despite everything I still support Southampton at football, though masochistically and from afar. Supporting Hampshire at cricket is currently not so painful.

The Atlanta Braves have been going through a bad patch, maybe because I haven't been over for a couple of years. (Every time I've watched them, they have won.)

I probably should support the Falcons but I'm always reminded of the legendary newsreader who is supposed to have announced that the police had caught a sneak thief in the Falcons' car park before the game: however he was not forced to watch the game on the ground that it would be constitutionally cruel and unusual punishment.

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 20:50
Legia Warsaw, Barca, Celtic, Liverpool, Schalke, Borussia D., AC Milan and Poland of course. Other sports - no favourite teams because the only true teams are in football.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 20:55
Originally posted by Majkes

Legia Warsaw, Barca, Celtic, Liverpool, Schalke, Borussia D., AC Milan and Poland of course. Other sports - no favourite teams because the only true teams are in football.

You're right. The only true teams are in football, not soccer. Wink

My favorites are the Atlanta Falcons and the Kansas City Chiefs.

For baseball I like the Atlanta Braves.

For basketball...The Chicago Bulls, I guess, since Michael Jordan played for them. (I don't really follow basketball)

Soccer: Don't watch much soccer, though I enjoyed the World Cup and the Champion's league.

Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 21:42
FC Bayern Munich, Galatasaray, Zeljeznicar

Chicago Bulls

Chicago Cubs

Chicago Bears, Patriots
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 22:48
Oh boy, where too begin...

American style football - Primarily the Dallas Cowboys, with a healthy dose of respect for the NY Giants! Ouch

Rugby - I guess we could say it is the precursor to American football? I can't find it on often where i live, but when i do, i'll watch every second of it until it is over!

Soccer - I don't have a favorite American or International team. But it is fun too watch.

Baseball - As a kid, i liked the Texas Rangers, but got rather bored with it as i grew up. Mostly because the game has been dominated mainly by any team from the New England area for most of it's history. Maybe once... on a rare blue moon, some other team might capture the championship. Other then that, the game seems most sadly to be very easily predictable. Angry I wished it weren't so! Censored

Basketball - At the beginning of the season, i usally like too watch and root for the Dallas Mavericks, but then... i usally find myself throwing my support too any team that can keep itself together by the end of the season!

Hockey - No particular team is my favorite, but the fights that can break out are very spectacularly passionate! A damn good sport Thumbs%20Up

Racing - I love Nascar (Dale Earnhart Sr. was and still is the best!Tongue, his was the only team in the sport of racing worth watching!) Since his death i have followed Tony Stewarts career with interest, who himself came over to Nascar from Formula car racing. I don't have a particular team favorite among the Formula car racing teams. I'm just have a particular need for speed! I'm not that picky. Big%20smile I also have always enjoyed National and International Superbike racing, as well as Motocross.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 05:18

You're right. The only true teams are in football, not soccer. Wink

[/QUOTE]

LOL
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 05:56
Clap
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 18:58
VfB Stuttgart, German football national team (men), Polish volleyball national team (female), Savchenko & Szolkowy for ice skating
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 20:15
There's only one Borussia....Borussia Dortmund.

Another team is FRAM Reykjavik.

And of course the team of Reykjavik's unions. You can watch it twice a month, mostly on sundays, at Reykjaviks puplic sports fields.

Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2008 at 21:10
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Twins
All I can say is Clap.

Originally posted by Roberts

San Antonio Spurs in basketball.
Also worthy of Clap, unless they are playing the Timberwolves, I am rooting for them.  How can one not love Tim Duncan?  And Manu, Tony Parker, the since retired Admiral, David Robinson etc. etc.

My favorite teams are the Twins, Vikings, T-Wolves, Wild, aforementioned Spurs, use to like a ton of other baseball teams, as well as football teams.  But mainly those first four.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Illirac View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Illirac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2008 at 16:40
Well...I'm a fun of Hellas Verona
For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2008 at 23:58
Well, only team I ever loved is F.C. Sarajevo, and that love lasts since 80's... Smile
Even tho our league sucks big time lately, and it is a real torture to follow it, I still feel the same passion every time my team plays...

I've tried to "force" myself to get into following of some other international teams too, so that watching of foreign leagues or international cups could be more interesting for me,  but it simply didn't work... I stay more or less detached about their results.

I could mention some teams that i prefer among other internetional ones, mostly because the atmosphere on the stadiums and their ultras/hooligans... like: Boca Juniors, Besiktas, Napoli, Livorno, Liverpool etc...

But, my favorite team... Only Sarajevo F.C...

Edited by Osman-pasha Kazanac - 07-Apr-2008 at 00:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>