Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The History of Bulgaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The History of Bulgaria
    Posted: 12-May-2008 at 08:46
This is written on ring found near village Ezerovo.
Emil Zhivkov proposed this way of translation-THRACIAN LANGUAGE translated through MODERN BULGARIAN.What about grammar?????
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2008 at 01:35
Actually, we officially use English in this forum. So, could you please provide the English translation for this inscription.

Many thanks in advance.
Σαυρομάτης
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2008 at 17:25

ROLISTENEASNERENEATILTEANHSKOARAZEADOMEANTILEZUPTAMIHERAZHLTA
ROLISTENE - AS - NERENEA - TI - LTEA - NHSKO - A - RAZEA - DO - MEAN - TI - LEZU -  PTAMIHERAZHLTA

Ролистене, аз Неренеа ти, лтея ниско, а разеа до мен ти лежи, --------------.
Ролистене, аз, твоята Неренеа, тлея тук долу, а сразен до мен ти лежи(ш), -------------- .

Rolistene, I Nerenea, languish down here, overwhelm you lie next to me.

Efforts of translation using Greek or other language were abortive.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2008 at 17:38
What i mean is that no one till recently made connection between Thracian and Bulgarian.Thracians were acording to ancient historyans second numerous tribes after Indians.They can not disappeared like modern history claims.

Inter vero Traciam vel Macedoniam et Mysiam inferiorem modo Bulgari habitant..."

"...kai oi kaloumenoi Boulgaroi tw kai Qrakh epitrecousi kai epanatrecousi prin gnwsqhnai autous..." 494 A.D.

"A.C. 499. Aristus Illyricianae doctor militiae... contra Bulgares Thraciam devastantes profectus est. Bellum juxta Zurtam fluvium consertum, ubi plus quam IV millia nostrorum... interemta sunt" - "499 A.D.

Bulgarians lived South of Dunabe 200-300 years before 680 A.D.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2008 at 03:36

Was this question of the incorporation of the original inhabitants (Thracians) into the current populations not partially answered by recent DNA studies? I have read through a number of these studies and and one point stands out; much of the current populations in Europe have been there since soon after the ice sheets melted (or before). One example is below and indicates that using just this one haplotype alone it appears that at least 16% of Bulgaria is of ancient origin.

G. Y-Haplotype X in the Balkans Mercier1, F. Diéterlen1 and G. Lucotte

(1) 

Institute of Molecular Anthropology, 44 rue Monge, 75005 Paris, France

Received: 10 January 2006  Accepted: 3 March 2006  Published online: 15 November 2006

Abstract  A total of 2110 unrelated European male subjects were examined for the p49a,f TaqI Y-haplotype X. The results showed a remarkable mean peak of haplotype X frequencies (46.9%) among subjects from Croatia, and similar elevated frequency values were also found in their counterparts from Slovenia (41.5%), Bosnia (40.3%) and ex-Yugoslavia (36.7%). Frequencies of haplotype X decrease towards west (from 41.5% in Slovenia to less than 1% in northern Italy) and south (23.5% in Albania, 15.9% in Serbia, 7.5% in Greece and 2.1% in Crete), but retain relatively high frequencies in Romania (17.9%) and in Bulgaria (16.1%). Historical and genetic evidence allows us to demonstrate that haplotype X originated in Europe among descendants of men who have been associated with the Gravettian culture. During the Last Glacial Maximum the Western Balkan Peninsula constituted a “refuge” for haplotype X, the starting point of an expansion that spread this haplotype around the neighbouring populations in historical times.

Keywords  Genetic studies - Y-chromosome haplotype X - Balkan refugium
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 14:18
* Joan Malala(Byzantine)in VI century wrote for the Trojan war: "... And Achilles departed with the Artidies, ...army from 3000 people, who were called Mirmidons at this time, and now are called Bulgarians."

* John from Antihony in 482 wrote that the Ostgoths have attacked the Danube provinces of the empire and emperor Zenon was forced to ask help from the local population "... the so called BULGARIANS".

* Еnodius of Titsian (473-524) wrote that "... Bulgarians are old Moesian (Thracian) or Illyrian people".

* Anonimous Ravenna Cosmograph (VI-VII AD) gives us evidances that ages before 375-376 AD south of Danube river "... in Moesia, Thrace and Macedonia live ONLY Bulgarians, who came from Big Scythia".

* Cassidorus, Marcus Aurelius (468-557) also wrote that Bulgarians are old Moesian (Thracian) or Illyrian people. Also he mentioned that Bulgarians populated the lands near Danube and Panonia in V century.

* Dimitar Homatian (XII-XIII AD): "... This holy man st. Klement of Ohrid was from the tribe of the European Moeses, which the people knows as Bulgarians..."
Carpathian Wolf View Drop Down
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2008 at 21:41
Did they use the exact word Bulgarian or some obscure other word you simply like to translate as Bulgarian?
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2008 at 14:04
Originally posted by Carpathian Wolf

Did they use the exact word Bulgarian or some obscure other word you simply like to translate as Bulgarian?

Yes they used name meaning Bulgarian (Voulgaroi in Greek Vulgari/Bulgari in Latin).
Carpathian Wolf View Drop Down
General
General

BANNED

Quote Carpathian Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2008 at 19:12
So Bulgars mixed with Thracians/Slavs is pretty much what I am getting from it all.
Petro Invictus View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
permanently banned

Quote Petro Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2008 at 18:15
This is a great thread! And it is evidently very correct what the author of it suggests! The Bulgarian nation of modern times has the Thracian, Slavic and Bulgar element in its etnogenesis!

The reason the Slavic linguistic element predominated was due to the fact that the Thracians were speaking it, or at least a form of it!

The Slavs were invented by Byzantine authors according to Florin Curta, and the Macedonian priests from Salonika, were those who managed to persuade the Bulgar Khan Boris to accept the Cyrillic script as official for his state, convert into Christianity, and in that way avoid Byzantine influence! The script suited the majority of the population in Bulgaria! And even though the name of the state is form Asiatic origins, the population as well as the language was mostly rooted in the indigenous population of the Balkans!

...BRINGER OF THE DAWN...
Balkh-Aryan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 11:07
Hello, friends, I came back. Smile
Wat's up?
Did You discover something new about our dispute?
Or not yet? Wacko
UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 16:20
Hey Balkh !

I'm so happy that you're back!  Smile
Σαυρομάτης
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2008 at 21:12
Hy, my friend! Smile
I am happy too. Unfortunately I was very busy all this time, and I couldn't  join to You.
How is the situation in the forum?
And... remind me, please, why we was talk each-other so bad?
I' ve got to apologize if I was hurted anybody. Sorry, people!
(Scythians or Sarmatians, does it matter? Smile)
UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 00:14
Smile
No big changes. We are still having the same fun! Big%20smile
Σαυρομάτης
Earl
Earl

Quote Balkh-Aryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2008 at 23:30
I am glad You are enjoying of this stuff. Smile
Have a nice day!
UPDATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829