Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

China Offered to send the US it's Women

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: China Offered to send the US it's Women
    Posted: 16-Feb-2008 at 05:16
This is a crazy excerpt that I just found that talks about Mao Zedong offering to give the U.S thousands or even 10 million of its women to the US because China has too many of them. This proposition is crazy!

State Department: Mao Zedong Offered to Send Millions of Chinese Women to U.S.
Friday, February 15, 2008

WASHINGTON Amid a discussion of trade in 1973, Chairman Mao Zedong made what Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger called a novel proposition: sending tens of thousands, even 10 million, Chinese women to the United States.

"You know, China is a very poor country," Mao said, according to a document released by the State Department's historian office. "We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands."

A few minutes later, Mao circled back to the offer. "Do you want our Chinese women?" he asked. "We can give you 10 million."

After Kissinger noted Mao was "improving his offer," the chairman said, "We have too many women ... They give birth to children and our children are too many."

"It is such a novel proposition," Kissinger replied in his discussion with Mao in Beijing. "We will have to study it."

Koichi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Koichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2008 at 05:54
Crazy indeed, Wink but I don't believe it's logistically realistic for either China to transport  that many women or for the US to receive them.  Besides, because of female infanticide, isn't that country short on women now?
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2008 at 06:00
If I were Kissinger, I would be worried about Mao filling the ranks of those 10 million women with Red Guard cadets.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2008 at 07:41
After that conversation Kissinger recommended President Nixon sign the mailorder bride act into law. Hmmmm.
deadkenny View Drop Down
General
General

Quote deadkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 22:48
Originally posted by maqsad

After that conversation Kissinger recommended President Nixon sign the mailorder bride act into law. Hmmmm.

Exactly!  The 'offer' was accepted and the 'deal' has been in the process of being implement for decades now.  Wink
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2012 at 20:12
My Anglo neighbors (2 of whom married Filipinas and one a Chinese mainlander woman) said they got fed up with white American women.  Mao didn't have to propose, it is already happening as we speak!
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2012 at 06:08
Yes, I had heard the same, Many American men love to get women from other countries because they dont know their rights, or have different psychology that wouldn't allow they to require such; so they would put up with what American women wouldn't - llike no crediit or debit cards, no personal money, living in primitive conditions, giving all their money to their husbands, living under their full control, etc. - conditions that iin US are considered abuse, but are not so untypical for other countries, so women take them as granted, or accept them becaue living in a country they dont know they have no choice.

It's not about love, it's about convenience, most lamentabl; more of a simple math - wnat less, give more. Hopefully not all such cases are like that; but then how can one interpret being "fed up with white American women""?

Edited by Don Quixote - 05-Sep-2012 at 06:35
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2012 at 04:13
^Some of it is psychological or hurt wounds too.  I know some young white American guys who confided that seeing so many young white girls in the hands of black and Hispanic men (esp. in nightlife bars/clubs) have so repulsed them to the point that they are no longer attracted to white women (psychologically and hence physically).  Often they turn toward Oriental/Asian women as a response
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2013 at 10:53
This thread is getting as interracial as it can! Wink
longbaby View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote longbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 06:08
You can't take what Mao said too seriously. He was a poet and often made crazy comments.
Patryk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Patryk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2013 at 23:35
I am fed up with American women too.  I find them needlessly demanding. Also, they don't age well because of the effects of the sun on light skin.  Chinese and Filipino women are HARDLY docile.  They just tend to look at marriage in a more practical and less romantic sense.  Thus it is easier to get married but just as hard to BE married.  I think of it as a market exchange.  The cost of entrance into the Market and your regular costs have to be low enough so that you can still profit in the venture.  Most American women have artificially inflated their value relative to non-American women and hence are no long competitive with the "imports." 

I guess, in the end, Mao did eventually send 10 million Chinese women to the US. 
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2013 at 01:38
And I'm sure they thank you for your subjective, biased and, ridiculously overgeneralized statement.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Patryk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Patryk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2013 at 01:48
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

And I'm sure they thank you for your subjective, biased and, ridiculously overgeneralized statement.

I don't need or want their thanks.  I will make all of my decisions based on my interests alone which means allowing myself to be as subjective and biased as I want to be in order maximise my advantage and now that of my family as well.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2013 at 02:09
Originally posted by Patryk

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

I don't need or want their thanks.  I will make all of my decisions based on my interests alone which means allowing myself to be as subjective and biased as I want to be in order maximise my advantage and now that of my family as well.

That may be acceptable in your mind but not necessarily acceptable here. And it remains a subjective, biased and ridiculously overgeneralised statement.

Be aware of the Coc...for you haven't been active for a while....consequently in particular pay attention to the following:

B. Inappropriate posting

3. Trolling; Trolling is the act of posting witty, response-provoking comments that appear relevant in order to disrupt the discussion, annoy or create attention. Trolling can also be considered as Spam, inflammatory remarks, or annoyance.

5. Rude insults, defamatory remarks, offensive images, cursing, profanity intended as an insult towards another member, personal attacks, words of hate. Any remarks that stirs up anger. In dealing with flame wars, comments that started the flame war will have more weight in terms of violation.

Unacceptable remarks can take the form of direct messages disparaging a religious or national group, indirect messages overly promoting one's religious affinity or national group, and/or a more implicit attack, written against a particular political, cultural, or historical aspect of that religious or national group.

Your initial post is perilously close to being in violation of both sub sections. Who determines this? Among others.... I do. Your recourse. PM the Admin-owner for clarification . That remains your option.
What does not is your challenging, in open forum, this now official warning on my part. Your recourse there is the same.... PM the Admin-owner for redress.

If you do not, I will suspend you for trolling and failing to follow a staff directive.

CV

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2013 at 12:38
Taking a serious look at the subject, the result of the Chinese "one family - one child" laws has been a huge shortage of women, which has lead to some civil unrest due to young men being unable to find wives.

Mao was basing his comments on the old customs of China, which did not value a female as much as a male because a female required a dowry to marry and left the household to work for her husband, whereas a male brought home a bride to help with the work at home.

OTH, CV, I will have to ask if a Chinese bride would be willing to shop at WalMart?  Wink

Edited by Mountain Man - 12-Mar-2013 at 12:39
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
 Post Reply Post Reply