Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBroken Crescent : Total War

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken Crescent : Total War
    Posted: 08-Feb-2008 at 13:28
Finaly the long awaited Mod of Medieval 2 : Total War has been release and to all's surprise it's a great one, with all new sound effects, new units, new factions and an entire new map.

Broken Crescent is the premier total conversion for Medieval 2: Total War that centers upon the epic wars and empires of the medieval middle east. It is a tour de force in sight, sounds, colors and pure gaming that gives a new lease on life for your copy of M2TW. Featuring over 16 new factions, 300 beautifully crafted units, a gorgeous new campaign map, innovative battle and campaign dynamics, brand new music and much much more.

Some of its FEATURES

- 17 brand new factions spanning Muslim, Christian, Hindu and Pagan cultures

- Gorgeous new middle eastern campaign map ranging from Anatolia to India

- Over 300 brand new units modeled and skinned by master artists AlphaDelta and Strelac

- Dynamic and carefully tuned unit stats and battle system to make for truly epic battles

- Campaign, Diplomacy and Battle Ultimate AI

- Fine tuned and mathematically balanced army compositions and rates to create formidable AI armies and an engaging campaign

- New traits, ancillaries and titles related to faction cultures and histories for an immersive and rich campaign

- An epic soundtrack featuring the grand works of Aeranis and much much more

Download it from Here:

Installation Instruction

REQUIREMENTS: To play Broken Crescent 1.0 you will require Medieval 2: Total War patched to 1.2, 1.3 or Kingdoms Expansion.

A clean install of M2TW is preferable and any edits to the original vanilla data files or no-cd cracks could cause problems.

1) Open bcrescent.exe
2) Select your Medieval 2: Total War main directory ( C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War )
3) Follow the steps and install BC 1.0
4) Broken Crescent shortcut will appear on desktop, double click to load Broken Crescent 1.0. Enjoy.

PLEASE APPLY PATCH 1.05 AS SOON AS YOU INSTALL
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142288

IF YOU ARE A VISTA USER OR ARE GETTING "FATAL ERROR CRASH"
Please follow the instruction in this thread:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140964

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2008 at 13:47
Well well, I had just downloaded this game yesterday and began playing as the Byzantines. I have great admiration for the makers of this modification, they put a lot of work into it and the result is a very well made game.

They even incorporated aspects of the Rome Barbarian Invasion into it. When I captured the last Seljuk fortress, that faction became a horde and scattered to the east.

So far I have captured all of Anatolia. The Turkish horde is fighting the Abbasids and will soon be extinguished. I have the last Armenian fort of Sis under siege. Lazica was taken from Georgia, who I then made my allies. The Eastern frontier stretches to the borders of the Great Seljuks, Abbasids, Ayyubids and finally to my own city of Antioch. The Ayyubids attacked me at sea just now and so we are at war. I Allied with Jerusalem in turn. The Kypchaks have expanded unchecked all over the European steppe, and I may have to take a few provinces from them to keep them from getting too powerful.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2008 at 22:59

As far as the modification is concerned, there is no doubt that the makers have done one great job which shall be appreciated.

As far the game is concerned, I started with Ghaznavids yesterday and today I have just brought the entire east under my domain while allying Ghorids and Khwarazims.
No I am looking towards the west and I gues my first stop is the Saljuks who have conquered uptil Shiraz and I guess to get a strong step in the middle west (Basra, Anatolia etc) I shall better ally Abassids and when I try to advanve deap in to Arabia I will think of allying Ayubids.
So I guess my approach is to have my friends at my back then strick the enemy.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2008 at 00:16
What happens to the original game when you install this mod?
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2008 at 00:40
Wow!
As soon as I finish my current game I'm installing this.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2008 at 20:45
Download link doesn't work for me.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2008 at 03:25
It should work, try going on the forum and downloading it from TWC. Nothing happens to the original game; the mod installs itself into a folder in the Medieval directory. You can play both games once installed, and you can install other mods too provided that they are like BC, too; which most are now. Sicilian Vespers, Das Heiligle Romische Reich, among others are all compatible to be installed alongside each other.

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2008 at 09:16
Try these links for download:
For a Fast link click Here
or
Click Here

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 19:31
None of these links work. I'm so frustrated.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 20:32
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Well well, I had just downloaded this game yesterday and began playing as the Byzantines. I have great admiration for the makers of this modification, they put a lot of work into it and the result is a very well made game.

They even incorporated aspects of the Rome Barbarian Invasion into it. When I captured the last Seljuk fortress, that faction became a horde and scattered to the east.

So far I have captured all of Anatolia. The Turkish horde is fighting the Abbasids and will soon be extinguished. I have the last Armenian fort of Sis under siege. Lazica was taken from Georgia, who I then made my allies. The Eastern frontier stretches to the borders of the Great Seljuks, Abbasids, Ayyubids and finally to my own city of Antioch. The Ayyubids attacked me at sea just now and so we are at war. I Allied with Jerusalem in turn. The Kypchaks have expanded unchecked all over the European steppe, and I may have to take a few provinces from them to keep them from getting too powerful.

When I just installed it I played the Abbassids for a while, with the new update which is not save game compatible I ended up starting a new campaign with the Byzantines, and it is a lot of fun. One challenge is that most of the Anatolian peninsula is either rebellious, under Seljuk control, or Aremnian, with the Georgian kingdom moving in soon after. Marriage alliances, and heavy campaining including gaining back the Crimea and the Aegan islands was necessary in order to attain some sort of hegemony. I allied with the Kypchacks who expanded up to Bulgaria and attacked me, took me a good 5 years to defeat them and attain vassalage. Right now I hold most of Anatolia except for a few parts Aremnia holds, and parts of Armenia that Georgia still holds. I fought a war with them too and gained all of Lazica and northern parts of Georgia on the Black Sea coast. Right now both of these are my vassals, with the Mongols finally invading and hopefully weakening the Abassids enough so that I can strike a peace deal with them. Its challenging.

I will post the link to a diplomacy pack that can be pasted into the Documents folder that really improves that aspect of the game. It helps to cement better alliances, and vassalages. Furthermore, a defeated foe won't either foolishly continue to fight, and will accept vassalage, as well a stronger foe will not accept peace. I defeated the Abassids after they sacked my city, and since they are the biggest state and by far most powerful in considering that I still have to stabliize and have 3 mobile forces stationed to guard my borders alongside my main army that actually moves to places of action.

Another thing is that with the diplomacy pack you can apply it to all other mods too. Furthermore, when I experienced a few rebellions the Georgian kingdom noticed an apparent weakeness and attacked right away. Before that the cooperated in campagins against seljuks.

It really improves gaming experience.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 21:33
Out of curiousity, does it snow in Anatolia?
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 22:31
Yes, it does in a lot of detail it is populated on the West by Romans, in center by rebells south Aremnia, and central and northern parts by Seljuks under Kilij Arslan II. 
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 12:44
@ es_bih

I guess you are talking about the Diplomacy mod 1.5 (by Shaba Wangy) or maybe some other, the link to the Shaba Wangy's mod is:

To Download the mod CLICK HERE
To Read about the mod CLICK HERE

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 18:49
I think it was Darth. I'll have to re-check, I got it from the Renaissance TW sub-forum.

King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 01:36
This game is buggy! That's with the 1.05 patch.

I started as Ghurids, besieged Pindi, ended turn. Then tried to take Pindi, auto resolved the conflict, game hangs. Reloaded & tried again, game still hangs. Reloaded, didn't take Pindi, ended turn, game hangs on rebels turn.

Started a new game as Abbasids, played a bit, ended turn, played the next turn, ended turn, game hands on rebels turn just as before.

I think the common link is a rebel city being taken. The first turn works fine because no-one can take a city, the second turn hangs because someone is trying to take a rebel city.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 03:43
That's unusual Omar. I installed using the 1.03 patch before putting BC in, and it works fine.

Just a heads up to everyone playing. When you take the last settlement a faction owns, the game will appear to freeze for quite a while, maybe 10 minutes. Just be patient, the destroyed faction is probably redeploying as a horde somewhere else, and that's why the game appears to halt.
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 09:18
hmm, I only have the 1.02 patch of M2TW, maybe that is the problem if everyone else has been playing on 1.03.

1.05 above was my version of Broken Crescent.
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 12:56
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

hmm, I only have the 1.02 patch of M2TW, maybe that is the problem if everyone else has been playing on 1.03.

1.05 above was my version of Broken Crescent.

Well dear Omar the minimum required patch for M2TW is 1.02 so you don't have t o have 1.03.

The problem with you is that you are not using vanilla package (the original) but instead are using a cracked or copied versian of M2TW, that's the main problem.

Else there isn't any bug in the game itself, if you have an original copy then try uninstalling M2TW and BC and reinstall both of them again.

King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 00:05
The problem with you is that you are not using vanilla package (the original) but instead are using a cracked or copied versian of M2TW, that's the main problem.

Ah, that would be the problem. I don't have a dual layer DVD on the computer I use M2TW on, which as you can imagine could make using a non-cracked version kind of difficult given that M2TW only comes on dual layer disks.

Oh well, that just more incentive to go to the markets this morning and get myself a DL reader. They should be fairly cheap now
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2008 at 00:17
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Ah, that would be the problem. I don't have a dual layer DVD on the computer I use M2TW on, which as you can imagine could make using a non-cracked version kind of difficult given that M2TW only comes on dual layer disks.

Oh well, that just more incentive to go to the markets this morning and get myself a DL reader. They should be fairly cheap now

Omar you could download steam, and buy the game from there that is what I did. I can then PM you the instructions, very simple on how to switch the mod on with the Steam version. Also; Gamestop.com I believe offers MIITW on their download service. Either way you obtain a digital copy without any hassle of changing your dvd drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>