Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Giants are Headin to Super Bowl XLII!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giants are Headin to Super Bowl XLII!
    Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 03:57
NY Giants beat the Greenbay Packers! All the analysts were against the Giants beating Brett Farve, just like they bet against them when they were playing the Bucs and the Cowboys after that. I hope, no, pray they bet for the Patriots because the Giants are just gona prove them wrong YET AGAIN!
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 06:20
That's going to be one heck of an interesting game!
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2008 at 07:28

I do despise the packers, though I have not forgotten the 2000 championship game (neither has any other vikings fan) so I'm pretty much indifferent to the outcome of this most recent championship game.  I just want to see the patriots lose, so I am now a huge giants fan for their next, one game.Big%20smile

"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2008 at 23:59
Here is a youtube video of the Giants in their road to the Super Bowl. With music that some of you may like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIVrGTSSe8
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2008 at 02:11
The Patriots are going to win. Just you wait and see. They're just too good, and the Giants just aren't good enough.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2008 at 06:54
you wana wager on that?
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2008 at 16:12
More than happy to. Won't be the first bet I've placed on the Pats this year, and I haven't lost yet (except sometimes on the spread). How about this? Loser changes their "forum title" i.e. "Really Hot Stuff (on your account)" to the opposing teams quarterback? Thus, if you win, my status will be changed to Eli Manning, if I win, you change yours to Tom Brady. As a throwback to this guy's case:

Bears Fan Changes Name To Peyton Manning

DECATUR, Ill. (CBS News) ― He says he doesn't want to do it, but a die-hard Bears fan is changing his name to Peyton Manning.

Scott Wiese had told friends that if his beloved team didn't win the Super Bowl, he'd take the name of the Indianapolis Colts quarterback.

He even signed a petition in front of 200 people last week at Decatur's Katz Piano Bar saying that he'd do it.

After the Colts defeated the Bears 29-to-17 on Sunday, Wiese started the process.

"A bunch of friends and I were talking one night before the game, and there was a little alcohol involved," Wiese told the Herald-Review newspaper. "I made the bet, and now I've got to keep it. I chose Manning because, well, he is kind of the face of the Colts franchise."

The 26-year-old Forsyth, Illinois, man trudged to the Macon County Courts Facility yesterday and filed the paperwork. The change still has to be approved by a judge.

Wiese says he really cares about the team and that his sacrifice represents the true passion of Bears fans.

Of course, Wiese will never be mistaken for the multimillionaire 6-foot-5-inch, 230-pound Super Bowl MVP quarterback. At 5-feet-11-inches, Wiese, who works at a local Staples store, admitted to the newspaper that his 190-pound body is "not muscle."

He remains unsure how long he will keep Manning's name, and was asked if it will take a Bears Super Bowl win Chicago last won the big game in 1986 to reverse the name change. "I mean, well, it may be another 21 years," he told the newspaper.

Call it a bet?

Edited by Brian J Checco - 25-Jan-2008 at 16:13
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2008 at 18:08
I like it. You're on
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2008 at 20:25
I was hoping the chargers would be the patriots.Cry
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2008 at 01:19
Dont worry, the Giants will stop em in their tracks
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2008 at 18:35
If by "the Giants will stop em in their tracks" you mean "my new name is Tom Brady" then I agree entirely.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2008 at 15:42
Haha no no thats not what i meant at all
YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2008 at 01:17
I'm kind of leaning towards the Giants as an underdog, but also because they're carrying the NFC title against the reigning AFC juggernaut.  Now, if only my Philadelphia Eagles would show the kind of tenacity that the NYG does...
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 03:34
WHERES MY ELI MANNING?!?!?!
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 03:43
lol I was looking forward to see the outcome of this bet, but if I had to put money on it, it wouldn't have been on you Ponce! lol Congrats, can't believe the Giants won, unbelievable...
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 04:50
At least the Pat's lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy for the giants.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 05:21
There is a just and loving God in the world the patriots have lost.....
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 07:04
My god what a game.  That was just incredible.Big%20smile  Eli Manning forever silences his doubters with that performance.  Just, wow.  (and Hurray!Tongue
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 13:54
Patriots got spanked. The 72' Dolphins can rest in peace.

We knew this Giants team had the potential to disrupt a backfield. Who would have thought that there were moments in the game where I was wishing for New England's backup quarterback to have a go. Brady was that discombobulated out there. Hats off to New York for taking this one.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 15:19
Think the suicide rate spiked last night after bookies started calling their clients with the results? Bet alot of money was lost after that game.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>