Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Sports Rivalries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Sports Rivalries
    Posted: 18-Dec-2007 at 11:00
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Nowadays, Saudi Arabia vs Iran, poor Iranians haven't won a game in years and we kicked them from two world cup qualifiers as well as two Asian chapionship finals LOLLOLLOL
In Azadi stadium, they allow 120 000 people to sit on top of each other so that they could see the game, the stadium can only carry 90 000 only to be dissapointed by yet another loss from the the green Falcons Clap.

Back home, Al-Hilal, the master of asian clubs regrettablly, and Al-Nasr is the most competative game though it has been played down in recent years because Al-Hilal is in its best years after winning 6 asian titles in 8 years while we only won two and lost two Angry.

Al-Jassas

Last time I checked Saudi Arabia can not yet beat Iran in Tehran ever. your best Score has been a  4:3  14  years ago while  Iran has beaten  Saudi  Arabia 3  times  3:0 and last one was 2001 2:0. beside Two of Saudi arabia victory over Iran was on penalty stage and in UAE.  Iran and  Saudi  Arabia Did not play after 2001.   Keep  Dreaming...Wink

Soccer:
Iran vs. Japan
Japan vs. South Korea
Iran vs. South Korea
Japan vs. Saudi Arabia

Argentina vs. Germany
Argentina vs. Brazil

Perspolis vs. Esteghlal ( Iranian league )

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2007 at 21:57
Originally posted by King John

Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

NY Rangers vs NY Islanders, or NY Rangers and NJ Devils. I hate the NYI and NJD with a passion! LETS GO RANGERS! Smile

Go Devils (I'm a Jersey boy what can I say)!

For me at least the big rivalries goes as such:

Yankees/Red Sox
New York Jets/Patriots
Devils/NY Rangers

Those are the big ones for me. Go Yankees, Jets, and Devils.
Those be fightin' words!Angry
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2008 at 19:56
Portsmouth vs Southampton (or vice versa Smile) used to be the big one, and still would be except that for the last 70-odd years they have rarely been in the same division at the same time.

Actually the rivalry between the towns has been going on longer than most modern countries have existed.

(Anyone advance on 800-odd years?)

NB The Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race takes some beating. Pretty well everyone in Britain used to take one side or the other, even if they'd never been near either place.

Edited by gcle2003 - 03-Jan-2008 at 19:59
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2008 at 01:33
As for schools, the USC Trojans vs. UCLA Bruins, as well as the Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes, which in fact, is the oldest rivalry in ncaa history.

One of the biggest rivalries in the NFL is the Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs.

Edited by Penelope - 04-Jan-2008 at 01:38
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2008 at 02:00
Australia vs. New Zealand in the netball. Wink It certainly gets quite feisty!
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2008 at 10:59
You remind me that as teenagers my cousin Bryan and I got ourselves qualified as netball umpires.

There's always another way to meet girls.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2008 at 20:25
Originally posted by Suren

Argentina vs. Germany

Argentina vs. Germany ????????????????

Please, light me up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12