Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moors were Black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
Author
Prince of Zeila View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Prince of Zeila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moors were Black
    Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 04:20
Originally posted by pinguin

Just answer me this question. Were Moors Blacks?

If you say, yes! I got you.

you got me?LOL 

My friend i got you!! Clearly you didn't bother reading my first post thoroughly but instead went on a blind attack. If you had taken a little time to give a new person some proper respect by reading their contribution as oppose to putting them into a 'box' then you would have figured out my opinion about the Moors or their modern descendants by yourself.  I said they looked like the modern North Africans - are the modern North Africans blacks? I have friends of that region that i have known since kindergarden but i don't see how they are really different from their neighbours across the Gibraltar other than religion and language.

There is my answer to your Q. More good faith, less prejudice can do wonders PinguinSmile

goldenstar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 06:54

All those lands, Mauritania, Ghana, Mali were conquested by the Moors and Arabs, and the civilization came from the Arab world. So, what's the point?

Unlike Sudan, which was once sub-Saharan millenia ago and then adhered to the Northern civilisation attaching itself to Egypt for the begining of history, Mauritania is not sub-Saharan Africa at all, it is between Black Africa and Maghreb geographically, and is inhabited by the so-called "Moors", the Arabs of Mauritania, people of Maghrebi or mixed Maghrebi-Black ancestry. Same for Northern Mali, added to the modern French made Black state of Mali by French colonisers themselves.

Most Black Malians live in the South in the green part of the country, the North is desert.

Unlike Egypt, which is relatively speaking directly linked to Black and mixed populations by the Nile River and by a relatively short distance from Sudan, Maghreb and Black Africa are totally separated by thousands of miles of desert width, and Mauritania is part of this desert separation not a part of Black Africa at all unlike what he pretends, besides perhaps in a tiny strip in the exteme South.

Even Asian Yemen and Saudi Arabia are closer geographycally to sub-Saharans through the Red Sea and its straits, and the point is, of course, this desert is the main reason why North Africans were and still are so extremely limited in their relations with sub-Saharan Africa,  because it is like the emtpy and huge plains and steppes between Europe and the Asiatic countries.

He desperately tries to make it look like all Blacks are one single people and know each other, while people of the Maghreb have more ties and contacts with West Africa than East Africa does, and we probably know West Africans better than he ever does. The fact is Mauritanians do not feel Black, there is even some tensions between them and the Black minority of the South.

Now he'll say I contradict myself because I first said we have nothing to do with sub-Saharan Africa and now I assume West Africans and North Africans have political and trade contacts... LOL

Edited by goldenstar - 20-Mar-2009 at 07:28
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 10:22
Prince, you seem to me to have reflected the views of the modern-day sub-Saharan Africans I know very well. (That's meant to be a compliment, in case anyone reads it differently.)

I don't think I've ever come across a real African (born there, raised there) who thought the Moors were black.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 10:26
Originally posted by AksumVanguard

I only gave a few encyclopedias who have concrete facts an are not alternative mumbo jumbo history distorted to fit racist needs,it was once said by an European archeaologist that the  "Ife"were not capable of blacksmithing in the 5bce but now this was disproven like the rest of your flawed scientist.

Do you know a prestigious French institute (Sciences-Po) tested Wikipedia and declared it was a joke, warning students about it? Because they intentionally put tons of delirious and senseless statements and they remained online for months without any correction from the community, while they were obviously illogical.

http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/high-tech/0,,3491099,00-polemique-quand-wikipedia-punit-sciences-.html

There is nothing concrete because those amateurs' encyclopaedias are not credible, you may even have written on their pages a few minutes before to post the links, it is a free tool. Show something reliable.

I agree which is why when you ask,do Ethiopians have the same genes with other Sub-Saharans is irrelevant because every population whether it be nationally locally,or Mertopolitanly has there own distinct charcteristics and morphisms within their own gene pool,but i think therey were trying to show the relations of most North Africans to Egytians.

Don't tire yourself, you are Wrong. She is allegedly teaching people about sciences and genetics, and when she shows "the faces of Morocco" she puts plenty of Algerian faces, it is like showing the faces of France and putting together French and German faces, which is ridiculous...

Not to mention she always contradicts the scientific studies she posts on her blog, and someone here said she disagrees that human beings originated from Africa, while all scientists agree on this.

Your sources are totally unreliable.

Originally posted by goldenstar

Answers.com is the same as Wikipedia (it even copies plenty of articles from Wikipedia), unreliable. So try again with a better source.

LOLFind a better excuse

There is no excuse, I need reliable scientific sources, not amateurs' websites, otherwise I'll create my own today and I expect you to accept and regard all that I write as scientific facts... LOL

I can help you however, go to the sources of Wikipedia and answer.com on the bottom of the pages, and read the corresponding articles rather than these so-called "encyclopaedias" themselves.

http://wysinger.homestead.com/aksum.htm

My source is not based on Wikipedia, it is a source found in the link I gave above but you choose to keep denying facts.

Yes it is! Your article has a source link, and it leads to the page of Wikipedia... Tongue

You just never read your whole pages, you just select what you think will help win by resistance instead of reasoning as penguin would say, but it always ridiculs you because I am more intelligent than you and can easily find all of your contradictions... Embarrassed

The articles on wsu.edu are outdated and you use it rather excessively,the prblem with the websites is that I can go on any collegial website,snatch of an essay writen about a civilzation that doesn't make it true.Lets see so more refrences to the kingdom of Ghana rather than condescending racial views of your website.

http://wsu.edu/~dee/CIVAFRCA/GHANA.HTM

©1996, Richard Hooker

For information contact: Richard Hines
Updated 6-6-1999

1999 is outdated??? Hard Working

For your information, 1999 is only 10 years ago, what I learnt when I was at Middle school, and I am very young. So it is outdated but not the old studies you posted from a pseudo-scientist who was born in the 1800s? LOL

You have such a bad faith, you prefer to occult all the reliable and scientific sources that prove you wrong and rather post amateurs' encyclopaedias or blogs to resist.

This article you posted just confirms the version of the Washington State University of the state of Ghana being founded by Southern Berbers and then taken over by the Soninke, and finally taken back by the Southern Almoravid Berbers.

Oh really explain how when it is most obviously in fromt of you that you must consisitently deny facts.

in that own artIcle the say it was created by Sonkinke people,who are located in West Africa in Gambia,Mali,Gamabia,Faso

Your article says: The origins and rise of the ancient West African Empire of Ghana, situated in the far western savannah, are obscure. It may have existed as early as the 5th century AD or even before.

http://www.accessgambia.com/information/ghana.html

The origins of the state is obscure and come from the first millenium A.D.

And since answers.com is a valide source for you, then you'll have to accept that the "civilisation" of the Songhai empire was founded by Southern Berbers too... LOL

Songhai or Songhay (both: sŏng'gī') , largest of the former empires in the western Sudan region of N Africa. The state was founded (c.700) by Berbers on the Middle Niger, in what is now central Mali.

http://www.answers.com/topic/songhai

Whether you like it, the development of sub-Saharan Africa in its Eastern and Western parts was heavily influenced by Northern civilisations of the Arab World. As for the rest of Black Africa, I do not think they had any real civilisations in the common sense of the term, probably because they didn't enjoy the benefits of other people's achivements unlike lucky Northern Blacks... Smile

secondly it doesn't matter we can agree that the Ghanan empire were created by Soninke people and of course they were African.

My source from an American university says they came centuries after the early Ghananian state had been founded, and ruled over a former entity that existed before them...

I do not see by the way, how an East African like you has anything to do with Soninke people, it is like a person from Asian Turkey claiming the civilisation of Asian Bangladesh as his own... LOL

First of all there is a portion of Maurantania that is part of the Savannah

A very small part perhaps, can you show it by the way? You said Southern Mauritania was Savannah, while most of it is Saharan and an other small part is Sahel, but I do not see any Savannah. Perhaps there is some Savannah, show a proof and I'll believe you, but it still doesn't change the fact it would represent a tiny portion of land, which is not the same as what you said.

the Ghana empire and present Ghana are two different things and they were not created by Arabs or Maghrebs I just posted why they weren't that is another prejudice attempt to say that afrcan civilzation was ignited by an outside source.

I know that ancient and present Ghana are not the same, just like ancient and modern Mauritania, but my source tells ancient Ghana was created by Southern Maghrebi Berbers, as for modern Ghana it seems to be a creation of Europeans.

Why would I be jealous of something that never achived anything special anyway...? LOL

Thats your opinon and shows how ignorant you are.

If I am ignorant, then help me. Tell me what did such Black states you think I am jealous of,  achive in sciences and technology, and how they influenced the world or surpassed my forefathers, to lead me to feel jealousy... Embarrassed

Exactly so if it was inhabited by Berbers and created by Berbers they would have stated

You're changing the subject, so I ask the question again, why wouldn't Arab geographers mention a state inhabited by Southern-Berbers or even Middle-Eastern Arabs, where is logic? Your argument was that since Arab geographers mentioned the existence of Ghana it meant Ghana was not made by Maghrebi Arabs or related Southern Berber-speakers, which makes no sense...

You say the Sahara all belongs to North AfricansLOL I hope your never a UN advisor.

Are you that simple-minded? I said most of the lands of the Sahara desert belong to North African states, Sub-saharan Africans have a smaller portion of the Sahara, and one doesn't need the United Nations to grab a map of the Sahara and the states it lies in.

It is interesting to note that just like the terms Africa-African for the Black Africans' identity and their ancestrlal land's name, come from the Northern Arab World, the word Sahara comes from Arabic, and simply means desert... Big smile

Funny that the influence of Maghreb was big enough to make a whole continent's people adopt its identity: AFRICA... LOL

Second arcording to you Mali and Chad are located in the Sahara,doesn't they're North African.No matter of your.

An other of your ridiculous statements. North Africans are not Saharan people, the Saharan part of North Africa is nearly EMPTY, the population is concentred in the Atlas Mountains and neighbooring plains in Maghreb, and in the Nile valley in Egypt.

So to answer, Mali and Chad are sub-Saharan countries not North African, the Black population of Mali and Chad mostly inhabit the sub-Saharan part of their respective countries, Saharan Mali is the land of Berber-speaking Tuaregs and Arab Moors by the way, even if there are such senseless boundaries recently created by colonisers.

May this map help you... Cool

Edited by goldenstar - 20-Mar-2009 at 11:07
Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 10:28

You are defintely trying to take away my peoples history now,as I said Arab is based on the religion of islam and the Language Arabic,juts becuase they have adopted it recently doesn't mean they are of Arab stock.

If more than a millenium ago means recently to you, then English people recently adopted English... Embarrassed

No matter how many times you spread your propaganda, Sudanese are not your people, and they didn't only adopt Arabic they are part of the Northern civilisation for millenia since ancient times when Egypt and Sudan formed a same state and shared a common history and destiny, which happened again in medieval times and in the 19th and 20th centuries.

I guess you'll also say Black Americans and their achivements are a part of your sub-Saharan history, even if they're Western citizens and live in the Western world for centuries Tongue  ... so top trying to steal the history of Sudan only because its people have a similar hair texture and skin tone as yours, they consider themselves to be linked FIRST to the Arabs not to the alien Black Africans...

Thats wrong again they are cities such as Soba,Dungaula,Meor,the Christian kingdoms of Maukaria and Alodia in the south,why are you concerned with history that is not yours.

I was refering to the creation of Northern Sudan's civilisations.

Oh and, Sudan's history is not yours either, and since you try to steal Mauritanian history it is good to remind you Sudan doesn't want to be attached to Ethiopia and rather looks in the direction of its Northern Egyptian neighboor.

I wonder if you ever met a Sudanese Arab, it seems you haven't.

Those pics were of Southern Sudanese

Yes but I still didn't get it, you posted some pics (some didn't work) and didn't explain anything, what did it mean?

You are being depleted of of an overamounted  excuses,at least my articles of Halpogroups are specific and show numbers while yours do not give numbers,and are inprecise when trying to equate the relations of two populations so you bascially have non withstanding argument.

You give yourself a personal right to comment a small number of alien ancestry, found in all the world populations, to make the conclusion that it is a big genetic contribution, while according to your source the same number of Caucasoid ancestry was found in extremely dark Black Senegalese. Noone is taking you seriously, reread the article I posted and see the conclusions of the scientists instead to play the anthropologist.

The hair found on Rameses is totally red and is not light Brown,its not aurburn red, second the eye color of the Ramese mummy is not present obviously,And as you said those traits a far less common in Semites not to mention they are not the same red heads of Aurburn and light brown.

I never said he had light eyes or light brown hair, can you ever read? The point is light eyes-hair are not rare in Arab populations, and the most common is light brown hair, which is even frequent in children. Red hair is rare even in European populations, and it is not present at all in sub-Saharan Africa, while it occurs sometimes in North-Africans, look at Algerian minister Khalida Toumi.

I've never quoted Diop.

I never said you did, even if you're close to his ideas.

Nope it is the radical scientist who chose to group all ethnicities including black,Semitic,Native Americans Africans Caucasoid since they have similar features.I poste dthe artcle to show that some craniomatics even in SUb-Sahran regions are classed Caucasoid even when black populations are present there.

You are the one who posted this website, whose articles are made by the same person, and such articles contradict you, yet you have the audacity to blame me of posting your own source... LOL

LOL
LOL Thats what you are before you join the Arab League a Non -Arab member,so your artcicle says speaks for itself they are Arabs,although they are frequently ignored by Arab governments.

And all of Europe's non-European Union countries are not European until they join this organisation... ridiculous, Kuwait joined the Arab League as late as 1961, 15 years after its creation, it was always seen as an Arab entity by the world. Try again.

They are Syrians and Jordanians in League with NATO but it doesn't mean they are not Arabs,they are many secular groups in the Arab world,in the Iran/Iraq War Iraninans  were linked with Soviets doesn't mean they wanted to be communist

Syria and Jordan are not members of NATO, and NATO is not a panWestern organisation like the Arab League is panArab but a military alliance.

Anyway, what are you talking about? The point is Somalia is not an Arab country but was accepted in the Arab League, as Turkey is not a Western country but was accepted in the Western organisation of NATO.

I'm not going to go at this time and time again, the sources do not say they are European genes in the Sub Saharan genetic make up,and to compare ancient Egypt with present Egypt look at my sources the present egyptians show a great variety of admixture. And it cannot be denied.

Wrong again,your source says Senegealese have 4% of Caucasoid markers, and that ancient and modern Egyptians are the same racially.

Besides your own source is silly and I only used it against you (as Mathilda's blog and her so-called "complicated Egyptian ancestry"), most anthropologists and archeologists assume the ancient Egyptians are the direct ancestors of modern Egyptians, who consider Blacks are aliens to them, face it.

By the way I spoke with an Egyptian friend and told him about this Afrocentrist delirium, his reaction about people like you were as expected a hard laugh, and also a feeling of pity.

I've never said the Ancient Egyptians didn't come into contact with Greeks before Alexander I said the greeks didn't have the religious customs of Egypt before the Hellenistic era.

Then be specific and speak correctly if you want people to understand correctly. You're so strange and senseless that I wonder whether you meant it and now change your version or simply badly epressed your thought, the first hypothesis being prefered considering all your lies and self-contradictions, in particular about Mauritanians being sub-Saharans then Arabs and then sub-Saharans again... Confused

Oh and, do you have a source for Greeks adopted religious ideas from Egypt and the Middle-East only during the Hellestic era?

Scholars can demonstrate influence on Greek mythology from the Middle East much more reliably than influence from Crete. Greek mythology owed much to cultures in Mesopotamia and Anatolia, especially in the realm of cosmogony (origin of the universe) and theogony (origin of the gods). To take one example, a clear parallel exists in an early Middle Eastern myth for Greek poet Hesiod’s story about the castration of Uranus by his son Cronus and the subsequent overthrow of Cronus by his son Zeus. The Middle Eastern myth tells of the sky god Anu who was castrated by Kumarbi, father of the gods. The weather and storm god Teshub, in turn, displaced Anu. Scholars continue to bring to light more and more similarities between Greek and Middle Eastern mythologies.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761570116_6/Greek_Mythology.html#s23

Most East Africans have those features period,so where are you getting at.

East Africans yes, and magically they're the ones who are so close to the Arabian peninsula...

So let's summarise, you're the only sub-Saharans having a real history in term of civilisation, the only sub-Saharans having already travelled out of Africa and occupied a portion of non-sub-Saharan land, and the only sub-Saharans who do not always exhibit typical "Negroid" features... strange... but so close to Arabia geographically... LOL

As I said having the straight nose is not exclusive to European peoples or descent of Europeans you can look at the Tutsi and see it for yourself

Noone said it was present only in Europe, I have a straight nose from what I remember. However, straight nose is extremely rare in most Black ethnicities, wich rather have a flat one.

You did doubt and ask if the Egyptians had contact with Sub Saharan and where does it say I would like to by light skin products your really getting racist

I never doubted or said sub-Saharan Africa never had any relations with North-Africa, and West Africa had relations with North Africans because North-Africans had a technology allowing them to reach Black people, not the contrary. Again, what you fail to understand is having trade contacts with people doesn't mean being brothers, sub-Saharans trade with Westerners and Asians for centuries as well.

And I am not racist, I am talking about you as a single individual, not about all Blacks, and I think you are jealous of light skinned people and want to look like them physically...

Because you're obsessed with us and our features and have a compulsive and pathological idea about us being sub-Saharans who mutated and adapted Black skin, it says you want to attach yourself with North Africa...Tongue

How racist can you get,and just because I am I like African history I am pathetic

You're pathetic because you're so desperate that you say West Africa is your history, it is like people from Turkey telling Pakistan and Bangladesh is their history because they're both in Asia, I hope this comparison helped you see how pathetic you can seem.

Finally, what's nice is you constantly give up most of your delirious claims, your posts are gradually becoming more and more small... which means I succeeded to make you understand history, real history... Embarrassed

Edited by goldenstar - 20-Mar-2009 at 13:47
Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 12:51
Originally posted by Prince of Zeila

Salaam/Greetings!

Ewa Goldenstar your schadenfreude towards a dark period in my people's recent history is very disappointing.The loyalty i have towards my North African friends in real life doesn't end on the internet (even if someone from their region projects unprovoked insults towards my people) so i won't reply in kind but rather focus on the revisionistic side of your post

Wa A'laykom assalam (translation for others: "And Hello to you"). Ewa is Moroccan, it is rather "Aywa" in Eastern Algeria's Arabic, but it is ok... Smile

I didn't make any revisionism or attack towards your people, I was refering to the government of Somalia, not to the population itself. Read again and you'll see my own words.

I do not think you have to be loyal to North-Africans, I do not feel close to Somalians just because they're Muslims as my ancestors, but if you feel close to North-Africa it is up to you. All I feel is Somalians are closer to me than Zimbabweans because they have had relations with some Arab states and practise the same religion.

Somalia joined the Arab League at a time when it was a self sufficient country[1][2] and capable of handling droughts by flooding the effected regions with homegrown food.[3] It was at a time when Somalia had a economy growing at a healthy rate. It was at a time when Somalia was hosting thousands of Yemenis fleeing their own civil war(North vs South) and who were giving immediate care the moment they arrived in Somalia(hence why they are extending the same favour to us today).
It was at a time when Somalia had the largest armoured supported military in Sub Saharan Africa. Being part of the organisation had little to do with aid(though it did play a role) or Somalis wanting to be ''Arabs''(which is untrue) but it had more to do with the fact that the Arab League was at that time a very promising and competent organisation that could enable Somalia to gather support in the International arena during it's geopolitical rivalry with Ethiopia. In the case of the Arab States the motive was countering the Soviet Union's influence in the region. Somalia was the only country in Africa to sign a friendship treaty with the Soviet Union which gave the Soviet navy access to Somali Port cities and this bothered Saudi Arabia next door and Egypt further up the Red Sea(one reason being the bad blood between the Russians and the Egyptians after the latter expelled them from Egypt) and therefore also by default the United States(Cold war rivalry).

I never said Somalians wanted to be Arab, and I do not know the comparison between the civil war in Somalia and the conflict between the 2 former Arab countries making today Yemen. Anyway, that's nice Somalians helped and saved many Yemenis, I personally remember when I was a child in the early 1990s, each child was asked by our teachers in France to bring at least one rice packet to help Somalia, solidarity is a good thing.

I do not want to contradict you, but I found plenty of websites telling about a severe famine in Somalia in 1974, when Somalia joined the Arab League.

A drought in 1974 and 1975 caused widespread starvation, and motivated Somalia to join the Arab League.

http://fr.encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761554555/somalie.html

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761554555_5/Somalia.html#s24

I do not deny the above claims, even if your sources are not visible online and come from books I do not own, but you cannot deny that the Somalian government has probably joined the Arab League also for economic purposes, to benefit from aid from other members (from the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development in particular), or a free trade area between members of the Arab League.

Somalians probably do not care about this, governments decide.

It's this trio that enticed Somalia to join the Arab League but it was never rejected, actually on the contrary it was offered many times a seat in the league but because of the growing Somali-Soviet friendship did not accept it, despite Somalia showing solidarity with the League in issue's such as Palestine.[4] When it did join the league in 74' there was not a single member state of the Arab League that protested Somalia's inclusion.

I was refering to the movement among some intellectuals and politicians because Somalia and Djibouti didn't have Arabic as their official language, Somalia adopted Arabic only in the 1970s. Many European politicians are in favour of the membership of Turkey in EU and actively voice their wish, while many are strongly opposed to this idea.

Somalis don't consider themselves Arabs nor have they ever been referred to as Arabs. People need to get over the stereotype: Muslim = Arab, because it completely ignores the fact that there are more non-Arab muslims than Arab muslims in the Islamic world.

True, I have been telling this for days.

Akhi I perfectly understand that you want to protect your people from nutcases that seek to erase your ancestors from history (and who from the looks of things secretly inside wish they could drive your people into the Mediterranean Sea and replace them with other populations - a wish that probably would be a reality if they had the manpower and rescources to do it, because of their nazi-like doctrine ) by refuting their hollow arguments with facts, but allowing your anger to get the best of you and as a result badmouthing an entire continent like that is counterproductive.

First of all most Sub Saharan africans i have met( who were born and raised there) are quite content with their own histories. That is why if you went to the Zulu in South Africa and told them Rameses II was the greatest African of all time they would call you a madman and then give you an entire list of Zulu rulers of their past whom they consider the greatest. If you visited Timbuktu and said to the local historians that the most cosmopolitan city of the medieval world was Paris, you would immediately ignite a heated debate and they would sit with you for hours arguing why Timbuktu was more deserving. It really doesn't matter wether both groups are right or wrong it just shows you a whole different mentality compared to the whole world was black,black,black clique in the west. The Afro Americans/Brits/French who promote this monolithic view of history pursue these outragous 'claims' because of the status and prestige civilizations such as Ancient Egypt or Al-Andalus have in Western society. In S.S Africa however it's completely different(sure there are Afrocentrists there aswell, but they don't represent the masses) people are more involved with their own history hence why most of the whole world was black,black,black characters don't hail from the continent but come from the west.

You probably didn't read all my posts, I always said that I don't generalise all Blacks, and that most Blacks I know are out of this Afrocentrist propaganda, even if many who are nice and respectful are still influenced by it, strangely.

Secondly nobody in S.S Africa considers North Africans 'aliens' or wish any harm on that region. Go to soccer nations like Senegal or Cameroon and ask the up and coming football stars who their top 10 favourite African players are and you will without a doubt see three or four well known North African players continuesly being named by the youth as their favourite players. If you want to include people in your war against 'historic distortation and theft' and gather more support for this noble task than you should start processing and differentiating clearly who the ''perpetrators'' are and who are clearly 'not'(but somehow got thrown in the mix) instead of alienating potential supporters.

Why do my interlocutors always base their answers, allegedly scientific, on facts that are not concrete or representative? People in France love the Brazilian team and support it, there was a time they loved Argentinian players, it is only sport...

I never said sub-Saharans wished harm to anyone, I said they see North Africans as aliens, and if they don't it means they have an identity problem, perhaps based on geographical misinterpretations, because North Africans actually consider Black Africans as totally alien to their civilisation and see Southern Europeans as much closer.

It doesn't mean they do not like you, and doesn't mean Palestinians detest people from China and Japan, it is only logic. By the way you cannot use the Horn of Africa's people, who are closer to Arabia, and apply their opinion to the thousands of different sub-Saharan ethnicities in the rest of Africa (Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, and so on...).

Religiously, Black Muslims are closer to North Africans than Southern Europeans are, it may create some warm contacts, but it doesn't mean anything else, not to mention the majority of the population of Black Africa is of Christian faith, which would only create a bigger distance.

Modern Morocco has a good chance of being accepted into the EU because of the progress in it's economy, human rights etc but if they succeeded in gaining membership of that organisation somewhere in the future this however wouldn't translate into Moroccans suddenly becoming Europeans.

Moroccans do not want to join the European Union, their controversial former king as well as the former Tunisian president made a request to join the European Common Market that were refused in the past decades, it wasn't the same entity as the later formed European union of the 1990s and present days.

Iberians and North Africans or Middle Easterners and Horn Africans are practicly as much neighbours of eachother as the Brits and the French are.

I do not want to offend you or seem irrespectful, but the Horn of Africa has really nothing to do with the Mediterranean world, which only includes Southern Europe, the Arab World, and Turkey,  themselevs not being as close to each other as Britishers and French are by the way, your comparison is highly exaggerated (besides for Turks and Arabs).

The Horn of Africa shares some real historical ties with the Arabian peninsula, but not with the rest of the Arab World and certainly not with the Arab Maghreb.

Edited by goldenstar - 20-Mar-2009 at 18:37
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 12:57

you got me?LOL 
 I said they looked like the modern North Africans - are the modern North Africans blacks? I have friends of that region that i have known since kindergarden but i don't see how they are really different from their neighbours across the Gibraltar other than religion and language.

Modern Maghrebians, you mean. They are the Moors of the history and today. And they aren't "sudanese" or SS Blacks.
If you know that, why don't you allow us to close this dumb thread?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 13:04

I do not want to offend you or seem irrespectful, but the Horn of Africa has really nothing to do with the Mediterranean world, which only includes Southern Europe, the Arab World, and Turkey,  themselevs not being as close to each other as Britishers and French are by the way, your comparison is highly exaggerated (besides for Turks and Arabs).

The Horn of Africa shares some real historical ties with the Arabian peninsula, but not with the rest of the Arab World and certainly not with the Arab Maghreb.

Right on target!

Some people here knows a bit about the relation between Egypt, Arabia and the Horn and just project that freely to the West side of Africa. They forget that all throught all history, the Maghreb, Southern Europe and West Asia have been a very close unity, kept together by the Mediterranean sea.
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Prince of Zeila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 14:46
Originally posted by gcle2003

Prince, you seem to me to have reflected the views of the modern-day sub-Saharan Africans I know very well. (That's meant to be a compliment, in case anyone reads it differently.)

I don't think I've ever come across a real African (born there, raised there) who thought the Moors were black.

Salaam/Greetings!

Thanks, of course i'm not a spokesperson for an entire continent, there could be individuals who feel what i have said is completely untrue. My post displays only what i have processed from inter-acting with people from that large geographical region, so it is cool that your friends don't contradict my previous postSmile
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 15:56

What prejucide? The transaharan commerce was the reason for the development of those, so called ancient SS African "civilizations". And the transaharan commence was started by the Moors.

The Sonninke people were trading long before the arrival of Moors in that region.ANd they id have the possession of the camel as i stated in a previous post.You think Ghana was invented and prospered due to foreign intervention.

http://www.accessgambia.com/information/ghana.html
 existed as early as the 5th century AD or even before. However, by the 8th century AD Ghana had become important enough for its fame as "The Land of Gold" to reach Baghdad.

The introduction of the camel, which preceded Muslims and Islam by several centuries, brought about a gradual revolution in trade, and for the first time, the extensive gold, ivory, and salt resources of the region could be sent north and east to population centers in North Africa, the Middle East and Europe in exchange for manufactured goods.

If for some outrageous region it was started or progressed  as a result of foreign occupation,why is the Ghana mentioned for having good commerce before the arrival of Moors

http://www.lycos.com/info/ghana--ancient-ghana.html

The Tarikh as-Sudan, a book of West African history written in Timbuktu around 1650 A.D., claims that the Empire of Ghana had 22 kings before the beginning of the Muslim era (622 A.D.), and 22 kings afterwards.

Morever the Ife had long possesed the ability of metal working in that region of west africa.

Now, could you please stop mentioning Egyptians and Horners in every single post.

Well I mentioned the Ancient Egyptians because GoldenStar claimed that Kush was started by supposed  Egyptian colonizers in that region,but there is eveidence to suggets otherwise when becuase not only does evidnece suggest they were of San origin but also the same people with the same customs at Nabata Playa. The culture and relgion is the same in pre-dynastic times of both Nubia and Egypt.

Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Prince of Zeila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 16:22
My reply magically dissappeared when i pressed 'post reply' so i had to start over again Ouch

Wa A'laykom assalam (translation for others: "And Hello to you"). Ewa is Moroccan, it is rather say "Aywa" in Eastern Algeria's Arabic, but it is ok... Smile

Salaam/Greetings!

That makes sense, considering i grew up with MoroccansTongue

I didn't make any revisionism or attack towards your people, I was refering to the government of Somalia, not to the population itself. Read again and you'll see my own words.

It's good to know that!

I do not think you have to be loyal to North-Africans, I do not feel close to Somalians just because they're Muslims as my ancestors, but if you feel close to North-Africa it is up to you. All I feel is Somalians are closer to me than Zimbabweans because they have had relations with some Arab states and practise the same religion.

It actually has little to do with religion, i have Chinese friends who are very dear to me but if a Chinese bigot were to attack me I wouldn't begin insulting Chinese people because i feel loyal to my friends. Even if there is no link between me and the attacker, i still don't engage the person with the same venom, I wasn't sure wether you would react to my first post with 'Stormfront language' which is why i made it clear that i would not reply in kind, but you seem like a pleasant person, so my bad!  

I never said Somalians wanted to be Arab, and I do not know the comparison between the civil war in Somalia and the conflict between the 2 former Arab countries making today Yemen. Anyway, that's nice Somalians helped and saved many Yemenis, I personally remember when I was a child in the early 1990s, each child was asked by our teachers in France to bring at least one rice packet to help Somalia, solidarity is a good thing.

I doubt it had any effect especially considering that when the UN entered Somalia the famine had allready ended a few months earlier, but your right; extending your hand with the right intention to a person that needs it will create allies. 

I do not want to contradict you, but I found plenty of websites telling about a severe famine in Somalia in 1974, when Somalia joined the Arab League.

A drought in 1974 and 1975 caused widespread starvation, and motivated Somalia to join the Arab League.

http://fr.encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761554555/somalie.html

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761554555_5/Somalia.html#s24

I do not deny the above claims, even if your sources are not visible online and come from books I do not own, but you cannot deny that the Somalian government has probably joined the Arab League also for economic purposes, to benefit from aid from other members (from the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development in particular), or a free trade area between members of the Arab League.

Somalians probably do not care about this, governments decide.

The economic factor did play a part, i was just trying to show you that the reason for joining was multi-dimensional. The particular drought of 1974/1975 was successfully countered through re-settlement programmes in which the Somali government turned 145 000 Pastoralists into farmers and fishermen. Most of these programmes were funded by the Soviet Union.

Somalis don't consider themselves Arabs nor have they ever been referred to as Arabs. People need to get over the stereotype: Muslim = Arab, because it completely ignores the fact that there are more non-Arab muslims than Arab muslims in the Islamic world.

True, I have been telling this for days.

It's like continuesly calling Chinese people 'Indian' because they practice Buddhism

Why do my interlocutors always base their answers, allegedly scientific, on facts that are not concrete or representative? People in France love the Brazilian team and support it, there was a time they loved Argentinian players, it is only sport...

If people were stereotyping the French as bigots and ethnocentric towards the Brazilians but there was evidence on the contrary that the French actually thoroughly enjoyed Brazilian football,cuisine, resorts,music then there is not a single sociologist out there that would omit these very important factors out of their study. Sport is a very powerful medium and i was sharing with you what i personally have seen.(mind you it's neither scientific or concrete but simply P.E) 

I never said sub-Saharans wished harm to anyone, I said they see North Africans as aliens, and if they don't it means they have an identity problem, perhaps based on geographical misinterpretations, because North Africans actually consider Black Africans as totally alien to their civilisation and see Southern Europeans as much closer.

My point was I(and those who i have spoken with) don't see North Africans as 'ancient or medieval invaders' but a legitimate group that has lived there since time immemorial.  

It doesn't mean they do not like you, and doesn't mean Palestinians detest people from China and Japan, it is only logic. By the way you cannot use the Horn of Africa's people, who are closer to Arabia, and apply their opinion to the thousands of different sub-Saharan ethnicities in the rest of Africa (Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, and so on...).

I perfectly understand what your saying and have tried to highlight that very important fact whenever some militant Afrocentric tried to put me in a monolithic box; there is more history between a Ethiopian/Eritrean and a European than the former has with a West African, there is more history between a Somali and a Indian than the former has with a South African, that's a simple fact of history so i agree!

Religiously, Black Muslims are closer to North Africans than Southern Europeans are, it may create some warm contacts, but it doesn't mean anything else, not to mention the majority of the population of Black Africa is of Christian faith, which would only create a bigger distance.

If you asked a group of Somalis whom they feel closer to; a Malaysian or a Ethiopian? I'm very certain a large chunk will put ''Malaysian' despite the fact that Ethiopians are their closest cousins, so again i agree.

There was a steady trade link between modern Somalia and states on the Mediterranean since at least the second millenium B.C( Mycenaean pottery was found in Somali tombs and temples at Hafun).

The analogy with the French/Brits was geographically of course and Somalia does have historical relations with other parts of the Arab world. Somali merchants settled in places like Egypt and Syria and Somali scholars established their own porticos in Al-Azhar,Cairo and the Ummayyad mosque,Damascus aswell which graduated many interesting figures. As for the Maghreb you are correct, but in Somali cities like Barawa and Merka there are pure Arab populations who have genealogical written records that links their migration with the collapse of Al-Andalus[1]

Of course all of this is no different from Central Asians establishing their own Tashkent in Mogadishu after the Mongol conquest of their lands in the 13th century or Somali merchants settling in Pakistan/India or Indians and Pakistanis settling in Somali port cities so all in all i agree that this fairytale of a united African sphere of the past is silly(come on the African continent is like 30 million sq km)

[1] - The Origins and Development of Mogadishu AD 1000 to 1850: A Study of the Urban Growth Along the Benadir Coast of Southern Somalia by Ahmed Dualeh Jama pg 18( I'm very sorry but i currently don't have the book in my possession so i can't quote what was exactly saidCry)
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Prince of Zeila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 16:28

you got me?LOL 
 I said they looked like the modern North Africans - are the modern North Africans blacks? I have friends of that region that i have known since kindergarden but i don't see how they are really different from their neighbours across the Gibraltar other than religion and language.

Modern Maghrebians, you mean. They are the Moors of the history and today. And they aren't "sudanese" or SS Blacks.
If you know that, why don't you allow us to close this dumb thread?

Do i have the key or something?LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 17:07

The Sonninke people were trading long before the arrival of Moors in that region.ANd they id have the possession of the camel as i stated in a previous post.You think Ghana was invented and prospered due to foreign intervention.
 existed as early as the 5th century AD or even before. However, by the 8th century AD Ghana had become important enough for its fame as "The Land of Gold" to reach Baghdad.

The introduction of the camel, which preceded Muslims and Islam by several centuries, brought about a gradual revolution in trade, and for the first time, the extensive gold, ivory, and salt resources of the region could be sent north and east to population centers in North Africa, the Middle East and Europe in exchange for manufactured goods.

If for some outrageous region it was started or progressed  as a result of foreign occupation,why is the Ghana mentioned for having good commerce before the arrival of Moors

The Tarikh as-Sudan, a book of West African history written in Timbuktu around 1650 A.D., claims that the Empire of Ghana had 22 kings before the beginning of the Muslim era (622 A.D.), and 22 kings afterwards.

Morever the Ife had long possesed the ability of metal working in that region of west africa.

Well, you forget the Maghreb is settled since thousand of years BC. Besides, Carthage was settled more than 1.000 years B.C. The first contacts accross the Sahara didn't happen with the Muslim invasion, but the Northern societies were more advanced by far. And trade (and progress) started when the goods of SS Africa were demanded by the Classical civilization; and not the other way around.

Well I mentioned the Ancient Egyptians because GoldenStar claimed that Kush was started by supposed  Egyptian colonizers in that region,but there is eveidence to suggets otherwise when becuase not only does evidnece suggest they were of San origin but also the same people with the same customs at Nabata Playa. The culture and relgion is the same in pre-dynastic times of both Nubia and Egypt.

Oh yes, but that is another topic.

Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 18:34

OH NO!!! Here came another from the same club! ConfusedConfused

He seems normal, I do not think he is from the Afrocentrist club.

From my experience most Afrocentrists tend to be Christian, I do not say this to defend Muslims but because it seems there are more Arab haters among Black Christians. They see Arabs as Muslim invaders in Africa and consider the North of the continent to be their native land that Northerners allegedly stole from them in the past... LOL

There are also the moderated Afrocentrists, who are not hateful at all, even respectful normal people, but they still believe in fairy tales, and there are plenty of Black Muslims among these brainwashed people.

One day I talked to a nice Black Senegalese of Muslim faith, who seemed totally out of politics or history, he was still informed about the idea of ancient Egypt being a Black nation and tried to convince me Western intellectuals are liars and want to lower Black cultures. I tried to explain to him that it was not a matter of Western or Eastern intellectuals, and that Egyptians themselves considered this idea as totally stupid, but he still didn't understand and kept on talking about a so-called Western conspiracy theory... Confused

Edited by goldenstar - 20-Mar-2009 at 19:19
Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 18:49

The Sonninke people were trading long before the arrival of Moors in that region.ANd they id have the possession of the camel as i stated in a previous post.

Pinguin answered well, before the Muslim Moors there were ancient Maghrebis including Carthaginians.

By the way, who brought camels to West Africa, if not North Africans?

You think Ghana was invented and prospered due to foreign intervention.

Some sources tell it, as explained earlier. Just like the Horn of Africa's civilisations were close to Arabia and influenced by it, it seems like the Sahelian empires were close to Southern Berbers and benefited from their influence.

My sources say the civilisation of Kush was a direct result of Egyptianisation.

By the way, since you think Wikipedia is a reliable source, it shows that I was right about Kush having occupied the territory corresponding to D'mt and Aksum... LOL

Edited by goldenstar - 20-Mar-2009 at 18:57
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 19:10

OH NO!!! Here came another from the same club! ConfusedConfused

He seems normal, I do not think he is from the Afrocentrist club.

I agree. This guy don't have the same mental pattern than the Afrocentrists we are acustummed to.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 19:17

My reply magically dissappeared when i pressed 'post reply' so i had to start over again Ouch

It already happened to me. The best when you make long posts is to write them first on a wordpad page rather than on this website.

I doubt it had any effect especially considering that when the UN entered Somalia the famine had allready ended a few months earlier, but your right; extending your hand with the right intention to a person that needs it will create allies.

The U.N is a joke... LOL

It's like continuesly calling Chinese people 'Indian' because they practice Buddhism

Somalians are not Arab, but Northern Sudanese feel Arab for centuries, and some idiots use the example of non-Arab members of the Arab League like Somalia to attack Arab identity and pretend the term Arab doesn't mean anything, while everyone knows who is an Arab. People know who are the Arabs but the only thing some people do not understand sometimes is the Arabs do not originate from Arabia but from their respective countries, an Algerian Arab is not a descendent of Saudi or Yemeni settlers.

If people were stereotyping the French as bigots and ethnocentric towards the Brazilians but there was evidence on the contrary that the French actually thoroughly enjoyed Brazilian football,cuisine, resorts,music then there is not a single sociologist out there that would omit these very important factors out of their study. Sport is a very powerful medium and i was sharing with you what i personally have seen.(mind you it's neither scientific or concrete but simply P.E)

Well, my point is just because you like the cuisine or culture of a country, doesn't mean you feel you're the same as it. French people adore couscous (a Maghrebi recipe), it is one of their best dishes but they still consider Maghreb as an alien entity, not as alien as sub-Saharan Africa but still a former Muslim ennemy entity that spent the last centuries warring against Europe and France in particular.

There was a steady trade link between modern Somalia and states on the Mediterranean since at least the second millenium B.C( Mycenaean pottery was found in Somali tombs and temples at Hafun).

The analogy with the French/Brits was geographically of course and Somalia does have historical relations with other parts of the Arab world. Somali merchants settled in places like Egypt and Syria and Somali scholars established their own porticos in Al-Azhar,Cairo and the Ummayyad mosque,Damascus aswell which graduated many interesting figures. As for the Maghreb you are correct, but in Somali cities like Barawa and Merka there are pure Arab populations who have genealogical written records that links their migration with the collapse of Al-Andalus[1]

Of course all of this is no different from Central Asians establishing their own Tashkent in Mogadishu after the Mongol conquest of their lands in the 13th century or Somali merchants settling in Pakistan/India or Indians and Pakistanis settling in Somali port cities so all in all i agree that this fairytale of a united African sphere of the past is silly(come on the African continent is like 30 million sq km)

[1] - The Origins and Development of Mogadishu AD 1000 to 1850: A Study of the Urban Growth Along the Benadir Coast of Southern Somalia by Ahmed Dualeh Jama pg 18( I'm very sorry but i currently don't have the book in my possession so i can't quote what was exactly saidCry)

I already answered about this trade thing, there is still trade between the Horn of Africa and the whole world right now, all countries in the world traded with each other and all populations travelled in all countries since ancient times (besides isolated native Americans or Southern Africans).

I am not talking about trade ties, relationships between rulers, treaties between states (Morocco and Algeria were the first states to recognise the U.S.A, which doesn't mean they were closer to it than its British ennemy was), but rather about the local populations and their degree of familiarity with other populations, what they share together, and so on.

It actually has little to do with religion, i have Chinese friends who are very dear to me but if a Chinese bigot were to attack me I wouldn't begin insulting Chinese people because i feel loyal to my friends. Even if there is no link between me and the attacker, i still don't engage the person with the same venom, I wasn't sure wether you would react to my first post with 'Stormfront language' which is why i made it clear that i would not reply in kind, but you seem like a pleasant person, so my bad!

Then I understand your point, I am loyal to nice people generally speaking, regardless of their religion or ethnicity. I do not think I am a pleasant person, just normal, but thank you so much... Embarrassed

Edited by goldenstar - 20-Mar-2009 at 19:35
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Prince of Zeila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 19:24
Fair enough,Goldenstar you make good points.

and on that note i'm leaving this topic.

Salaam/Greetings!
Samurai
Samurai

Quote goldenstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2009 at 19:36

Fair enough,Goldenstar you make good points.

and on that note i'm leaving this topic.

Salaam/Greetings!

Have fun! Big smile
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2009 at 05:17

Do you know a prestigious French institute (Sciences-Po) tested Wikipedia and declared it was a joke, warning students about it? Because they intentionally put tons of delirious and senseless statements and they remained online for months without any correction from the community, while they were obviously illogical.
http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/high-tech/0,,3491099,00-polemique-quand-wikipedia-punit-sciences-.html

There is nothing concrete because those amateurs' encyclopaedias are not credible, you may even have written on their pages a few minutes before to post the links, it is a free tool. Show something reliable.

First and Foremost I gave more refrences than wikipeida.The only reason I showed the wikipedia one was to show how some craniomatics in africa are considered caucasoid to prove that the word is used to often,your just mad becuase you have no credible source to back your argument.

i do beleive you used britannica once also as a refrence so it will state it clearly for you

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/11794/Aksum/11794rellinks/Related-Links

Despite common belief to the contrary, Aksum did not originate from one of the Semitic Sabaean kingdoms of southern Arabia but instead developed as a local power.

Your excuses are becoming useless and it is desperrate attempt to shy away from the embarassement of being proven wrong so many times.Now can you say britannica a reknowned encyclopedia webiste is tampered with,contrary to your dusty old text on a history of great kingdom.

Don't tire yourself, you are Wrong. She is allegedly teaching people about sciences and genetics, and when she shows "the faces of Morocco" she puts plenty of Algerian faces, it is like showing the faces of France and putting together French and German faces, which is ridiculous...

Not to mention she always contradicts the scientific studies she posts on her blog, and someone here said she disagrees that human beings originated from Africa, while all scientists agree on this.

Again she put the faces of North-Western Africans face up to facts you have websites who is ratherly in your favor becuase of her underlying racist views but still the facts make  surmounting approval of the my cliams.

Your sources are totally unreliable.

My source is not based on Wikipedia, it is a source found in the link I gave above but you choose to keep denying facts.

Yes it is! Your article has a source link, and it leads to the page of Wikipedia... Tongue

You just never read your whole pages, you just select what you think will help win by resistance instead of reasoning as penguin would say, but it always ridiculs you because I am more intelligent than you and can easily find all of your contradictions... Embarrassed

Please man up,even though they may be flaws in the online encyclopedias,they are mostly based on facts besides I only referenced it a few times with certain points,and second I gave more references than wiki.You have to find cheap outdated websites to make a comeback.

The articles on wsu.edu are outdated and you use it rather excessively,the prblem with the websites is that I can go on any collegial website,snatch of an essay writen about a civilzation that doesn't make it true.Lets see so more refrences to the kingdom of Ghana rather than condescending racial views of your website.

http://wsu.edu/~dee/CIVAFRCA/GHANA.HTM

©1996, Richard Hooker

For information contact: Richard Hines
Updated 6-6-1999

For your information, 1999 is only 10 years ago, what I learnt when I was at Middle school, and I am very young. So it is outdated but not the old studies you posted from a pseudo-scientist who was born in the 1800s? LOL

They are always no discoveries in archeology,it was thought that the Olmecs were the first civilzation in america 20 years ago now it is Caral, it was thought that humans interbred with Neaanderthals now science proves an inability to interbreed,so being 10 years ago is subsequently old .Not to mention that having a more known enclopedia than an alternative website doesn't stand to well.

Your article says: The origins and rise of the ancient West African Empire of Ghana, situated in the far western savannah, are obscure. It may have existed as early as the 5th century AD or even before.

There not obscure if you read carefully it even said that berbers had Skirmisheds with th Soninke people,the facts is the Berbers seldomly traveled in that area,and if they did create it they would of tooken credit for it.Koumbi Saleh was the first capital which brought alot of wanderers far and wide,especially the Northern Afrcans who said it was rich and gold.

And since answers.com is a valide source for you, then you'll have to accept that the "civilisation" of the Songhai empire was founded by Southern Berbers too... LOL

Songhai or Songhay (both: sŏng'gī') , largest of the former empires in the western Sudan region of N Africa. The state was founded (c.700) by Berbers on the Middle Niger, in what is now central Mali.

http://www.answers.com/topic/songhai

The Songhai people came way later after the Ghana Empire were talking 800 years after the founding of ghana.Your own Arab mate al-bakr said it was Ghana was founded sometime in the 4th century,but the Songahi were already indoctrinted with Islam,while the Wagadou was based solely on the Serpent worship of the Emperor itself.

Whether you like it, the development of sub-Saharan Africa in its Eastern and Western parts was heavily influenced by Northern civilisations of the Arab World. As for the rest of Black Africa, I do not think they had any real civilisations in the common sense of the term, probably because they didn't enjoy the benefits of other people's achivements unlike lucky Northern Blacks... Smile 

Get your chronooogy in order,songhai came long after and your mad because all your fragile theories are disproven and we did not need an outside intervention,can you prove otherwise rather than give a meaningless website.

secondly it doesn't matter we can agree that the Ghanan empire were created by Soninke people and of course they were African.

A very small part perhaps, can you show it by the way? You said Southern Mauritania was Savannah, while most of it is Saharan and an other small part is Sahel, but I do not see any Savannah. Perhaps there is some Savannah, show a proof and I'll believe you, but it still doesn't change the fact it would represent a tiny portion of land, which is not the same as what you said.

Its irrelveant becuase the Berbers did not have thatmuch contact with the Sonike people who founded the empire in 4th ad ,so it doesn't matter whether they were in the Sahara or not.

I know that ancient and present Ghana are not the same, just like ancient and modern Mauritania, but my source tells ancient Ghana was created by Southern Maghrebi Berbers, as for modern Ghana it seems to be a creation of Europeans.

Again I was not talking to you and source is ver unrelaible and is the only lifeline you have.

If I am ignorant, then help me. Tell me what did such Black states you think I am jealous

Just as Afro-centrist try to claim the Moors were black you are trying to claim the Sooninke people were Berebers now I thought you wanted no part of West Africna history.

You're changing the subject, so I ask the question again, why wouldn't Arab geographers mention a state inhabited by Southern-Berbers or even Middle-Eastern Arabs, where is logic? Your argument was that since Arab geographers mentioned the existence of Ghana it meant Ghana was not made by Maghrebi Arabs or related Southern Berber-speakers, which makes nosense...

Now you can't face reality,you said it was started by Maghrebs who made most of their cities motsly in on the coast of Northern Africa,you said it yourself:

North Africans are not Saharan people, the Saharan part of North Africa is nearly EMPTY, the population is concentred in the Atlas Mountains and neighbooring plains in Maghreb, and in the Nile valley in Egypt.

not to mention there is now record even according to your Maghreb schoars that Ghana was started by Berbers, becuase they stake no claim to it only trade with them,and they say they came into contact with them in the 8th ce so

Are you that simple-minded? I said most of the lands of the Sahara desert belong to North African states, Sub-saharan Africans have a smaller portion of the Sahara, and one doesn't need the United Nations to grab a map of the Sahara and the states it lies in.

It is interesting to note that just like the terms Africa-African for the Black Africans' identity and their ancestrlal land's name, come from the Northern Arab World, the word Sahara comes from Arabic, and simply means desert... Big smile

The facts is that berbers roam the northern portion of the Sahara,and according to whom do blacks inherit only a small portion of the Sahara,ever heard of Chad and the Sudan.

Second arcording to you Mali and Chad are located in the Sahara,doesn't they're North African.No matter of your.

An other of your ridiculous statements. North Africans are not Saharan people, the Saharan part of North Africa is nearly EMPTY, the population is concentred in the Atlas Mountains and neighbooring plains in Maghreb, and in the Nile valley in Egypt.
[/quote]
Alright so since the Saharan part of North Africa is nearly empty ,you would conclude the berbers weren't in any frequent contact with Wagadou Ghana to start the empire thats the point.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>