Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

creationism or evolution

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30313233>
Poll Question: which do you believe is right and why
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [16.67%]
47 [65.28%]
13 [18.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Fula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creationism or evolution
    Posted: 19-Dec-2011 at 21:22
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

I would say that looking at both creation and evolution that we have no evidence what so ever to back up creation, whereas there is some evidence that creatures and plants have evolved somewhat. As things stand then the weight of evidence is leaning towards evolution.Smile

Honestly when people say there is no evidence for creation thats not true at all... Almost Every culture on the planet speaks of a creation story that deals with the flood, Giant beings being on the earth, and humanity being created.

There is Large evidence that A Large Flood took place on this planet
Its hidden archaeology but they have found Giant Skeletal remains of Human beings...etc

Science does not tell everything...Things that go against the accepted  scientific paradigms get ignored. Anomalies simple get pushed aside and very rarely if ever addressed.

This no evidence thing about creation is ridicuolous. If anything the Biggest hole in Evolution is the fact that scientist do not find any in-between stage species. There should be a plethora of transitional form creatures and finding Giants completely destroys their theory. I think we just have a hard time believing that maybe...just maybe the supernatural just might be apart of reality. Maybe what we cant see can still exist...Reality is not bound by our likes or dislikes.

Edited by Fula - 19-Dec-2011 at 21:24
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2011 at 12:21

Originally posted by Fula

I would say that looking at both creation and evolution that we have no evidence what so ever to back up creation, whereas there is some evidence that creatures and plants have evolved somewhat. As things stand then the weight of evidence is leaning towards evolution.Smile

Honestly when people say there is no evidence for creation thats not true at all... Almost Every culture on the planet speaks of a creation story that deals with the flood, Giant beings being on the earth, and humanity being created.

Its hidden archaeology but they have found Giant Skeletal remains of Human beings...etc

Science does not tell everything...Things that go against the accepted  scientific paradigms get ignored. Anomalies simple get pushed aside and very rarely if ever addressed.

This no evidence thing about creation is ridicuolous. If anything the Biggest hole in Evolution is the fact that scientist do not find any in-between stage species. There should be a plethora of transitional form creatures and finding Giants completely destroys their theory. I think we just have a hard time believing that maybe...just maybe the supernatural just might be apart of reality. Maybe what we cant see can still exist...Reality is not bound by our likes or dislikes.

Yes, most of those who criticise creationism try to hit the nail on the flood. Their claim is that Jews copied the story of the Great Flood from Babylonians who took it from the Sumerians. But apparently, scientists agree that a major flood might have occurred right after the Ice Age ended some 7,000 years ago. This can be explained by many theories which are discussed over here:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/storms/great-flood.htm

This makes a lot more sense given that the Great Flood myth occurs in most cultures and civilisations, some which had never had contact with each other. The myth occurs in Meso-America which was only 'discovered' about 5 centuries ago.

Yet, I would like to see proof for these giant skeletons you speak of. Surely such an astounding discovery would have rocked the world! How come there is no mention of it anywhere?

Timidi mater non flet
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2011 at 19:38

It's been proven those giant skeletons were photoshopped.

And plenty of transitional forms were found:

They obviously haven't been found for EVERY species (it would be unrealistic to expect the fossil record to yield transitional forms for everything, as the conditions for fossilization are rare).
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 09:59

The passing on of stories isn't proof positive of anything other than stories having been possibly been passed on sometime in the past, and even then they can differ somewhat because cultures can interpret phrases and words differently because they might perceive one way than another on phrases and words, and how they are put over.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 13:39
There isn't any evidence of a Global Flood.  First, there isn't enough water, in any form, on the planet to cover the land mass.  2nd,  If there had been one, where would the run off have gone?  We'd still be underwater.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 13:56
Originally posted by red clay

There isn't any evidence of a Global Flood.  First, there isn't enough water, in any form, on the planet to cover the land mass.  2nd,  If there had been one, where would the run off have gone?  We'd still be underwater.

You need to think outside the box, the earth is a system whereby nothing exits and nothing enters (except comets and dust). But says who that the water level was the same during the Ice age as it is now? It would make just as much sense that a lot of the current sea-water was held up in a frozen crystalline structure, until it melted and caused a great flood.
Timidi mater non flet
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 13:59
But there is evidence of water level changing all around the world from 150m-250m.This changes stayed in people's memories as Flood.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 14:20
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

You need to think outside the box, the earth is a system whereby nothing exits and nothing enters (except comets and dust). But says who that the water level was the same during the Ice age as it is now? It would make just as much sense that a lot of the current sea-water was held up in a frozen crystalline structure, until it melted and caused a great flood.

There have been floods yes.  When the Laurentide Ice Sheet broke up and melted it raised the sea levels by 30 ft.  And there have been others as well.  But again, no matter what form there isn't enough water to entirely cover the land mass of the Earth. [Classic interpretation of Noah's Flood.}

And by the way, the Earth is not a "system".  It is made up of systems, all inter connected.

You are the ones who need to think out of the box.  Our past is just now begining to come to light.  And it's a hell of a lot more complicated than what either the creationists and evolutionists believe.
Giants?  Here's a link to a list of discoveries of giant skulls and skeletons found in almost every state in the Union over the last 200 years.

And that just covers those in the US.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 14:42
If we accept it than have to find their ancestors among us Red?!?Bulls&Humans,result of devolution,as it says inside.Are they use morphing tricks for camouflage?
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 14:44
"The passing on of stories isn't proof positive of anything other than stories having been possibly been passed on sometime in the past, and even then they can differ somewhat because cultures can interpret phrases and words differently because they might perceive one way than another on phrases and words, and how they are put over.'

Your right I agree...that was simply an intro to what I was going to say
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 15:00

In my humble opinion it seems evolutionist are a little selfish. The Universe with many astounding wonderful attributes could have evolved...yet an all powerful being with the power to create things couldnt possibly exist. Thats an enormous contradiction in my book. A true evolutionist would have to admit the possibility of an All Powerful Author of the Universe (God)...I guess it can go the other way around as well creationist have to admit that God has to have a beginning

Either way is mind blowing
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 15:15

In my humble opinion it seems evolutionist are a little selfish. The Universe with many astounding wonderful attributes could have evolved...yet an all powerful being with the power to create things couldnt possibly exist. Thats an enormous contradiction in my book. A true evolutionist would have to admit the possibility of an All Powerful Author of the Universe (God)...I guess it can go the other way around as well creationist have to admit that God has to have a beginning

If there has to be a creator, then who created the creator? Then who created that creator...etc..
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 16:58

If there has to be a creator, then who created the creator? Then who created that creator...etc..

Well, that's assuming the whole thing stands to logic to begin with. Who's to say that the creator doesn't operate in a realm that is totally incomprehensible or sensible to us? Without God, the laws of Physics/nature orchestrated the creation of the universe, but where did this invisible force come from? With God, we accept that he has always existed because he is the most powerful, existence is his creation, before it was nothing in our sense of reality or being.

@red

Agreed, but the massive turbulent waves produced from this melting would have covered everything, though not simultaneously, catch my drift?
Timidi mater non flet
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 17:30

Well, that's assuming the whole thing stands to logic to begin with. Who's to say that the creator doesn't operate in a realm that is totally incomprehensible or sensible to us? Without God, the laws of Physics/nature orchestrated the creation of the universe, but where did this invisible force come from? With God, we accept that he has always existed because he is the most powerful, existence is his creation, before it was nothing in our sense of reality or being.
If a creator operates in a realm that is totally incomprehensible or sensible to us, then how would people understand what they were all about, even if they existed?
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:27
Well Said Baal Melqart...

@TheAlaniDragonRisin- I dont think people understand thats why there are so many religions. Religion is created by man...No Prophet or "god" said to join a religion. Its a way of life interpreted by people's understanding of God.
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:31

There's no evidence for a god. You might say "well, there's no evidence he DOESN'T exist" but the burden of proof is on you.

The chances of a god existing are very low; it's not a 50-50 chance. That's like saying there's a 50-50 chance that unicorns exist, but we have no proof of unicorns either. Of course, you can't be 100% certain about anything, but given the current evidence we have for god, it would be simply unreasonable to think god exists.

Edited by Arab - 21-Dec-2011 at 18:34
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:36

Even if the ice caps melted completely, the world wouldn't be submerged completely, far from it actually. There were periods where the ice caps were melted completely I think.
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:45
Originally posted by Arab

There's no evidence for a god. You might say "well, there's no evidence he DOESN'T exist" but the burden of proof is on you.

The chances of a god existing are very low; it's not a 50-50 chance. That's like saying there's a 50-50 chance that unicorns exist, but we have no proof of unicorns either. Of course, you can't be 100% certain about anything, but given the current evidence we have for god, it would be simply unreasonable to think god exists.

??? It seems as though you completely missed what I was saying. I never said there was proof of a god. Im simply pointing to the fact that evolutionist have to consider the possibility of a All Powerful Being evolving into existence. Dont understand your point.
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:50

??? It seems as though you completely missed what I was saying. I never said there was proof of a god. Im simply pointing to the fact that evolutionist have to consider the possibility of a All Powerful Being evolving into existence. Dont understand your point.

Yes, I'm not sure what you mean by God evolving into existence. Evolution applies to life only, it doesn't attempt to explain how life came to existence (abiogenesis) or who created the universe (big bang theory). These are all separate unrelated theories.

Edited by Arab - 21-Dec-2011 at 18:52
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 19:33

Yes, I'm not sure what you mean by God evolving into existence. Evolution applies to life only, it doesn't attempt to explain how life came to existence (abiogenesis) or who created the universe (big bang theory). These are all separate unrelated theories.

That was all discussed earlier in the topic, it's a loophole LOL

Well, consider this, did anyone claim that Unicorns exist from what they saw or heard directly from unicorns? Revelation exists only in Monotheism but not in other pagan/polytheist religions which claim their beliefs on passed down knowledge. I guess you could say that no one has a reason to believe these prophets who claim they spoke to God, but then religion doesn't provide conclusive proof for anything.
Timidi mater non flet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30313233>