Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my penis is a mountain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my penis is a mountain
    Posted: 29-Nov-2007 at 20:18
It's normal for rap singers to make this kind of boast, but now opera singers are getting in on the act.

Anthem gaffe 'lifted Croatia'
By Frank Keogh

Opera%20singer%20Tony%20Henry
If I have offended any Croatians, they have my deepest apologies

Singer Tony Henry
Croatia rose to the occasion in their crucial Euro 2008 defeat of England - after an apparent X-rated gaffe by an English opera singer at Wembley.

Tony Henry belted out a version of the Croat anthem before the 80,000 crowd, but made a blunder at the end.

He should have sung 'Mila kuda si planina' (which roughly means 'You know my dear how we love your mountains').

But he instead sang 'Mila kura si planina' which can be interpreted as 'My dear, my penis is a mountain'.

Now Henry could be one of the few Englishmen at the Euro 2008 finals in Austria and Switzerland as Croatian fans adopt him as a lucky omen.

They believe his mistake relaxed their chuckling players, who scored an early goal in the 3-2 win that put Croatia top of the group and knocked out England.

The singer, who hails from St Albans in Hertfordshire but now lives in Inverness, Scotland, has performed at stadiums around the world.

He was once known as the Voice of Arsenal after Gunners fans were impressed with his rendition of Abide with Me before the FA Cup final in 2003 at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Henry came unstuck when he sang Lijepa Nasa Domovino (Our Beautiful Homeland) at a rain-swept Wembley on Wednesday night.

"I can't even defend myself at the end of the day. It was apparently the last line on the second verse which I made the mistake on," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Coming to Wembley and the stadium, it must have got to me, is all I can say.

"It was the last thing that I would intentionally do, and all I can say is if I have offended any Croatians, then they have my deepest apologies."

The Croatians have invited him to sing at Euro 2008

Henry's agent Douglas Gillespie
On the contrary, Henry is becoming a cult hero in Croatia, but denies he played a part in England's exit.

"I can't take the blame for that. The last thing I would do is brag about my parts like that - especially to make it so public," said Henry.

BBC TV presenter Adrian Chiles, whose mother is Croatian, acknowledged the language could pose problems.

"As a speaker of poor Croatian, I have a proud record of getting things calamitously wrong," said the Match of the Day 2 host.

"My personal best was telling a campsite owner that I had a small rat (mali stakor) rather than small tent (mali shator). However, Tony's put all my lifetime's efforts into the shade now."

Zeljka Tomljenovic, secretary of the British-Croatian Society, added: "I don't envy the guy at all because the pronunciation is so difficult.

"He had a big challenge, to sing the national anthem in a language he knows, I assume, nothing about."

Henry's agent Douglas Gillespie said it was a genuine mistake, but admitted the publicity could boost his career.

"He's been given the lyrics correctly, but he has enough trouble with English, never mind Croatian," joked Gillespie.

"There were 80,000 people in the crowd and millions of people watching. It was just the pressure of the moment.

"He did sing it very well and made a very, very small mistake for someone doing his best and singing in a language that is alien to him. If you've ever tried to speak Croatian, it's very difficult.

"The Croatians think it's great, and they've invited him to come over and sing at Euro 2008, and asked if he will be their mascot."

Edited by Paul - 29-Nov-2007 at 20:23
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2007 at 21:34
Except "kura" is a much more offensive and crude version of the word penis, LOL

Funny.

Ragozy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ragozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 00:01
Too funny. My first thought when I read the title of this thread was, "Ya, I hear that a lot." Of course it doesn't fit when you read the post, but gave me a chuckle!
"The truest measure of a society is how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners."
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 00:25
If his penis is a mountain I would hate to see his ass! Everybody has a bad hair day. 
elenos
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 01:54
Originally posted by elenos

If his penis is a mountain I would hate to see his ass! Everybody has a bad hair day. 

If his penis is a mountain, he's gonna scare all the women away, thats for sure.
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 02:35
All the women? There are female mountain climbers willing to take the risk. 
elenos
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 04:52
Besides, I wouldn't take "mountain" to literally in this case. It seems to be just a figure of speech. Kinda like saying, "My wang is as big as the Washington Monument." Obviously, no penis can be 555 feet 5⅛ inches (169.29 m), but it creates a visual associative image of a penis of prolific proportions. This sort of thing would appeal to more women than you would think, PenelopeWink
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 13:57
You know lots of things Checco, don't ya?
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 16:11
Pal, the stories I could tell...Wink
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 18:22
The German singer Sarah Connor once changed the German anthem, as she sang at the new Munic stadium instead of " Blh'  im Glanze dieses
Glckes, what means :bloom in brightness of those luck, "Brh im Lichte des Glckes" what means : blanch in the light of luck.

Since then she lives in the 4th basement of her house.

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 19:02

All the women? There are female mountain climbers willing to take the risk. 

LOL
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 19:40
Penelope seems to agree...
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 20:14
my poop thread closes but this mountain penis thread stays up?

Ragozy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ragozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 21:47
Er....it has subject matter possibilities? Tongue Poop? Well other than to say I'm regular, what more can you say...and not get a rep...
"The truest measure of a society is how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners."
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 21:56
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

the poop gets drop and the penis stays up....

Edited by Paul - 30-Nov-2007 at 21:56
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2007 at 22:12
Originally posted by Paul

Quite, this subject is not so scatological and will stay erect as the situation unravels so to speak and comes to a final climax. There is the story of the Taj Mahal. An Indian prince took a lovely young women for his bride, ravishing she was, beautiful beyond beauty. Unfortunately this object of his inner desires died not long after the wedding. The prince was grief-stricken and ordered a magnificent marble monument  so people from all over could remember her forever. Some say here is the largest erection ever made by a man for a woman since time began.

Edited by elenos - 30-Nov-2007 at 22:14
elenos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 00:00
Reminds me of a gaffe of the former Dutch PM Wim Kok. In Dutch "to take in the mouth" is another way to say "to say". When he was asked his opinion about a local politician from Amsterdam who had used profanity, he replied "Well, the prime minister of Spain also is known to take genitals in the mouth".
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 01:57
I thought the Dutch were open to that sort of talk now days. 
elenos
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 06:22

So,cry !

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 08:58

Originally posted by Paul

Quite, this subject is not so scatological and will stay erect as the situation unravels so to speak and comes to a final climax. There is the story of the Taj Mahal. An Indian prince took a lovely young women for his bride, ravishing she was, beautiful beyond beauty. Unfortunately this object of his inner desires died not long after the wedding. The prince was grief-stricken and ordered a magnificent marble monument  so people from all over could remember her forever. Some say here is the largest erection ever made by a man for a woman since time began.
An Indian Emperor (come to think of it he was not really Indian but Afghan), named Shah Jahan. And while we are at it she did not die soon after the wedding, she gave birth; to 14 kids.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>