Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are the Apaches related to the Turkic Tribes of..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are the Apaches related to the Turkic Tribes of..
    Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 16:27
the Eurasian steppes???

I read that the Apache Indian were classified as being part of the Turkic/mongoloid group. I am sure this is based upon linguistics. I wish I had the time to explore this but back to school work!!

http://www.trackerbooklist.com/

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 05:45

I could not find the book or article mentioning there is a relation between Turkic tribes and Apaches but I made a google search on Apache language and think that there is not connection between Apache language and Turkic language except tu / su / water resemblence.

But I have read somewhere about relations between Turkic tribes and an indian tribe in Canada. I am not sure about the name of the tribe but I think it was like Chiene or something like this.   

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 14:14
and the aztecs were the lost tribe of Ysrael, right ?
Eaglecap, great to see that you are an enthusiastic and constructive new member. It will be a great thing to see your cooperation in others topics as well.
Regards
Luis

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 19:34
trust me on this site youll get 50 gagillion responses about how now the US must be incroporated into Turkey because weve destroyed their "brothers"
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply