Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Football being played in London

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Football being played in London
    Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 01:25
The NFL decided to host a game on London at Wimbeldon. It was the Giants vs. the Dolphins and it was considered by ESPN as a historic event. I want to know the opinions of Europeans of this football match. Did it impress you, are you more interested in American football overall by watching it?

Also on other American football news, does anybody think that the Colts will win over the Pats or will the Pats just stay undeafeated?

And what do you guys think about the Giants and the Cowboys game that is comin up? It looks like the Giants defense is finally stepping up and shows better promise than in the first two games they played
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 03:22
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Also on other American football news, does anybody think that the Colts will win over the Pats or will the Pats just stay undeafeated?

I think that the Colts will win. I think that Peyton Manning will tear the Pats secondary apart. Hopefully the Colts will win big against the Pats. Or maybe I'm just a bitter Jets and Yankees fan and can't stand to see the Red Sox and Pat win in the same season...again. That's just unbearable.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 05:42
Hey the Bo-Sox deserved the win comon you gotta give em that at least. I didnt really want to see them win either although I am a Met fan. I felt bad for the Rockies I felt like they should've won.

Also if you're from New York you gotta switch over to the Giants. 6-2 compared to 1-7? If anything it should bring your spirits up

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 30-Oct-2007 at 05:44
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 13:38
Oh I can admit when the Bo-Sox were a better team, which they were, but I just don't like to see them succeed.

I can't stand the Giants so that switch will never take place.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 14:59
I tried to force myself into seeing American sports to understand why Americans are not like the rest of the world cheering the best sport ever, football (our football). For some mysterious reason the University cable in hooked up with ESPN and brings lots of Hockey, baseball and basketball. I already love the last sport since it is popular with many here in Saudi Arabia and it is easy to understand. I watched a 5 hour baseball game that exhausted me (it aired about 4 in the morning during our weekend) but I enjoyed the game and after 4 more games I understood it perfectly. I saw the last two innings of game 4 in the WS and That Japanese guy nearly blew it for the Sox allowing a 2 run home run in the top of the 8th. Football on the on the otherhand was disappointing. I saw a college football game where the chaps just banged their heads and bodies and understood noting. I tried to see an NFL game saying the Pros would be better than the kids and they were worse, the game was between the Texans and some other team and it was a route. The only comment I can say is, GO SOX!

Al-Jassas

Edited by Al Jassas - 30-Oct-2007 at 15:00
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 01:36
arghhh! the Pats again won by beating the colts! They are evil I tell you. The whole New England area is evil!!!
vespasian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote vespasian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 21:34
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

The whole New England area is evil!!!

I agree with you...and I have to work in Connecticut! Smile
Is someone going to tell Triple H that someone beat him to the title "King of Kings"?
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2007 at 03:58
Dude my school im going to is in CT. It sucks balls trying to get into my dorm without a guy from boston acting like a nut after a game

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 06-Nov-2007 at 03:59
 Post Reply Post Reply