Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite type of music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What is your favorite type of music?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [31.25%]
5 [15.63%]
2 [6.25%]
3 [9.38%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [12.50%]
2 [6.25%]
5 [15.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite type of music?
    Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 02:08
My favorite type of music is metal; particularly black metal and viking/folk metal. What's yours? 
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 02:17
Mostly progressive metal.  But I like the subgenres of technical metal, power metal, symphonic metal, and jazz metal as well.  Incidentally, I am really into progressive and art rock.

Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 06:19
Its a tie between classical and rock (the beatles, CCR, Led Zeppelin etc.)
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 08:44
I put other. My music taste is fairly wide ranging - I enjoy classical and jazz, also jazz mixed into dub and bass and alternative. I like some dance music, but I have to be in the mood. I can't say I'm into top 40 music at all.
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 09:34
İ like ethnic music(Folk musics of different countries)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 12:08

....a big fan of hard rock..Black Sabbath being my favourite band...Evil%20SmileEvil%20Smile

..love having a thrash to metal as well...Slayer, Motorhead, Metallica, Seether, Queensryche...and many more....bit of an amateur guitar player, but i can really only play riffs and make a lot of noise..which afterall, is what its all about!!!!...Cool
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 13:44
Cheesy eighties electro..Quality!
Sveninarxao View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Sveninarxao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 23:52
I like a variety of music: rock, folk, indie-rock, progressive, techno, rap, you name it...
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 02:22
Pretty much everything on the list, with the exception of pop. Pop needs to die.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 02:35
Well my favorite would probably be techno/electronica and most rock and I don't like screamo, gangsta rap, vast majority of pop, most r'n'b and hip-hop and most country&western. Other than those I like most kinds of music.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 07:13
Originally posted by Penelope

Pretty much everything on the list, with the exception of pop. Pop needs to die.

Amen to that, sister! LOL
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 10:56
Metal, especially power metal from southern Europe sung with strong accents, preferably by Elisa Martn.
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 00:13
I like most kind of music on the list except for metal cause I cant hear a thing they say with all those bangings Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 14:23
I'm a big fan of metal, mainly Power Metal and Folk Metal. Although I also enjoy some folk in general, old school rock (like AC/DC and Saxon), pop, classical. Whatever captures me really.

I really like songs which tells a story and have music that really enhances the moods involved, especially if a band has taken a part of History and chosen to write about it. Iced Earth's Gettysburg Trilogy is a fine example of this. As is Blind Guardian's epic '...and then there was silence'.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 14:27
Awesome. Metal is in the lead!
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 14:49
And rightly so...

'Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
there's magic in the metal there's magic is us all!'

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 15:08

We sure do appear to have too many heavy metal toxins running around these parts. I could only take so much ear blistering agony before I throw the remote towards the wall. Give me the sound of Australian Platypus mating rituals before the likes of Queensryche... Though I do happen to have an affinity for Ozzy era Black Sabbath. Come to think about it Dream Theater ain't bad either. What do I know about today's corrupted youth? You younger generations probably lable Led Zeppelin as bubble gum pop. How times have changed.

Whatever happened to Primus?

Anyway, anything but Rap will do just fine.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 21:00
Originally posted by Nostariel

And rightly so...'Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
there's magic in the metal
there's magic is us all!'

Oh yeah, Manowar!
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 05:04
i love classical music especially violin Solo/duet, i just bought a cd that have violin/viola duet called pascagualli, played by Perlman and Zukerman, absolutely wonderful, love it.

i despise Rap music, because i found it quiet annoying.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 07:04
Recorder performances of my youngest daughter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>