Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hockeys here so let have beer!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockeys here so let have beer!!!
    Posted: 13-May-2008 at 16:11
The Red Wing series looks pretty much over. I was hoping Don Cherry's prediction on the Osgood incident would work and fire up Dallas but... no.

I don't think Pittsburgh or Philly have enough to handle Detroit this year and it could be a very boring end to the hockey playoffs, for non Red Wing fans, with a potential sweep or 4-1 Red Wing cup win. Hopefully I'm wrongCool
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2008 at 01:13
lol...i stopped wathcing it...both Calgary and the Habs r gone. Cry
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2008 at 18:52
After fumbling with the notion this past weekend the Red Wings are back to where they belong. The Stanley Cup Finals. Last nights game was a doozy. Three quick goals in the first period for a 3-0 lead (4-1 game) and eventually completing the series with Dallas four games to two. Now we have the upstart Penguins in our crosshairs. What was that goalie's name? Hmmm, something like Fury...Fiery...or was it Feury. Doesn't really matter anyway. Next!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2008 at 21:28
How bout them Wings? 4-0 in the first game and one up on the Crosby show. Ozzie was the man. Samuelsson was on fire and the Pens were outshot in the last two periods 25-7. Fluery, who's he?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:19

Alright, maybe the real Penguins showed up last night. Luck, cheap shots and Crosby. Malkin is still playing with himself though. They capitalized on a Red Wing turnover and hit Ozzie in the back as the puck went into the net on another goal. That is the only chance the Pens will have in this series. Otherwise I see the wings doing more of what they did in the third period. Constant attack mode.

Where are the Refs? Holmstrom ends up in the net, thanks to Gill's tripping, and gets no call. Lindstrom gets a bloody lip from a high stick, no call. Refs! Were you watching the same game I saw?

Notice when Pittsburg gets behind they resort to cheap tactics, illegal hits and a whiny coaching. When the Wings get behind they just keep the pressure on and try to blast the puck into the net to get back into the game. Before I start sounding like Therrien, what a sissy, cudos goes to Babcock for showing the league how a class team can take a defeat.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2008 at 16:35
I think Wings will be alright.   I expect them to win game 4.   I've watching Wings sporadically since they've been on same time Pistons and Tigers play too.   Plus Wings have been so dominant in this post season.  Pistons-Celtics series is little more intense for me right now.  I think Wings win win the cup in game 5 or game 6.    
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2008 at 17:03
RED WINGS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!

After blowing out the Pen's in the first two games of the series the Wings got another in between two losses in tight games, one going into triple overtime. Last night was another hair-raising excitement filled game. Came down to a six on four for Pittsburgh to come within one goal and a late last gasp flury looking to tie. But no such luck as the better team won. Detroit had the speed, back checking and timely saves to take this series 4 games to 2.

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2008 at 17:34

Oh, yeah, baby.

The best team won for a change.  Almost anticlimactic because they were so dominant throughout the post season.

For the revival of Hockey sake, I almost wished other teams gave them better competition but it wasn't meant to be, especially the Colorado series, the best rivalry in hockey.  Looking back Colorado looked like it was still 1999 whereas Detroit went through complete generational change and won it with home grown(?) young talents instead of usual free agent superstars.  A sign of another dynasty in making? 

Glad to see Detroit bringing home least one trophy this year.  Detroit Shock next?  If that counts for anything.  

Go Wings Go!

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 05-Jun-2008 at 17:35
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2008 at 18:03
Originally posted by Seko

RED WINGS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!

oh, really did they? Who's that again?

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2008 at 22:58
Yeah, alot of people say that about the other 29 teams Ulrich, everyone knows the NY Rangers though.LOL

I'm very happy that they beat the Penguins, those bastards elminated us!

I recorded it on DVD, now I can see Crosby wanting to cry and Malkin on the ice depressed, over, and over, and over again!Big%20smile

And I guess Hasek retired, so looks like Osgood is the number one man definitly. I'm guessing thats why HJasek made the decision though.

On news with Jagr, he's been offered enough money that a NHL team can't pay him under the cap and can choose three other players to join him if he goes to Russia. I hope he doesn't take it!

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 11-Jun-2008 at 23:01
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345