Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hockeys here so let have beer!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockeys here so let have beer!!!
    Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:49
You are happy to see Lord Stanley's cup every 40 odd years or so if you could be so lucky! tongue
LOL you burned me there! I can't stop laughin, good one.

You don't think the rivalry was very strong?
I had thought that the old rivalry had died out because of all the new blood.
But then again, I only follow whats important, and that the Rangers!
Rangers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all the other 29 insgnifcant teams that somehow got into the NHL LOL

I really hope our teams make it to the finals so I can laugh when your team sinks!
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 17:56

A toast to meeting in the finals! Cheers 

And get used to seeing a lot of this: "He Shoots. He Scores!"

Cheeky
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 18:26
lol, you won't be getting past the King! He's on his A game now! Watch the highlight reels after tonight, and prepared to be amazed!

A toast to meeting in the finals! Cheers 
CheersAgreed, just hope your team can make it!tongue
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2008 at 18:44
King Henrik will have to wait his turn like all the other victims of the Octopus. Once there I'm sure we can give him a royal welcome!
LOL

Sharks passed the Flames. Now they open against the Stars. Montreal did in Philly in overtime. Good to see that happen.

Ah yes, those Rangers. Facing a tough challenge with the Crosby Show. Should be a good one. I'm counting on your boys now! Don't let us down.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2008 at 22:29
After forcing Theodore's ouster again in the second, the Wings shut the door to chants of OZZIE OZZIE 5-1.

How are them Rangers S&D? Hard%20Working
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2008 at 22:41
How are them Rangers S&D? Hard%20Working
I don't even want to talk about it... I'm miserable right now....Unhappy
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 02:18
WOOOOOOOOO! KING HENRIK DELIVERED A SHUTTOUT! And Our Captain, Jaromir Jagr got 2 goals and a assist! I'm feeling good right now!Big%20smile

Lets see how your teams series will go tonight Seko. 
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 04:46
Good to see you back. I hope the Rangers get a few more wins so we could read more of your posts.

Can you say SWEEP? Wings pounded 'em 8-2 in tonights game. It was a clinic out there. It didn't matter who Colorado put in net. Both Avalance goalies got blasted. Now we're waiting for the next victim.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 22:01
 Montreal did in Philly in overtime. Good to see that happen.

It just might be the only time you see it this year.  You must have jinxed the Habs, Flyers have a 3-1 lead and can put it away on Sat.Cheers

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 17:05
Originally posted by red clay

Montreal did in Philly in overtime. Good to see that happen.

It just might be the only time you see it this year.  You must have jinxed the Habs, Flyers have a 3-1 lead and can put it away on Sat.Cheers

Which they did in a come from behind move, finished 6-4.  They move into the East conf. finals against the winner of the Penguins, Rangers match up.  At a 3-1 lead in the series it looks like it will be the Pens.
BTW- Montreal hadn't lost 4 consecutive games all year.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2008 at 15:04

Philly vs Pit. and Dallas vs Det.

Red got to give your team credit. Biron can play with the best of them in these playoffs. The Eastern Conference finals look like an even match.

Search & Destroyed, sorry dude your Rangers played like they had lead in their skates. No match for the speed and pounding the Penguins gave them.

Dallas won 2-1 in the fourth overtime.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2008 at 21:26
Considering last year they had their worst finish ever and were the perverbial doormat for everyone else,  yeah, not too shabby.  Kind of reminds me of the "85" team.
Unknown.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2008 at 21:39
Search & Destroyed, sorry dude your Rangers played like they had lead in their skates. No match for the speed and pounding the Penguins gave them.
We could have a strong game, but we can't score!
We need a power play QB, Straka and Gomez are good, Gomez probably one of the best, but it's just not working. It'll be intersting to see what happens to Perry Pearn, our assistant coach, because of our PP. Though you have to murder someone before you get fired in this organization, and thats a maybe.

Jagr said he was to play with the Rangers again, and wants to remain in the NHL for 2 or 4 years, I can't remember. And I hope he does come back, I pray to the Hockey Gods he does!

Anyways, I hope Philly does some old "Broad Street Bullies" on the Penguins, because I despise them right now!

And Seko, I think I'll be rooting for your team now. Gotta go with Orginal Six!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2008 at 15:13
Good choice S&D. Your troops made it to the second round but no further, picking the Wings will not be a let down. Speaking of which, they picked apart Turco last night. He let in four tough goals. As I mentioned before, next victim, is what it must feel like as the opposition's goal tender. Hard%20Working

The Dallas Stars played a physical game. A lot of slashing and hard checks. The Wings can still pound 'em back and they did administer a few choice body checks. Still, the Wings like to play puck possession instead of slash and hack. Both teams will adjust. The Red Wings could improve by making quicker defensive decisions.

Tonight is Philly and Pitsburgh.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2008 at 15:17
There are the WC of Icehockey in Canada at the moment and nobody takes notice, true?

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2008 at 15:25
Sure the World Hockey Championship is important, but as you can see on this thread it takes a back seat to the only game that matters right now - the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Any other day and we'd be talking about the IIHF and only if the best players were not bothered while trying to drink out of Lord Stanley's cup.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2008 at 16:36
I can't stand Detroit, but they seem to be playing well. Fortunately they have quite a solid history of choking in the playoffs so there still is hope. Ossbad seems to be much more steady then he was in his younger glory years when he consistently had lapses in concentration letting in soft goals.

I'm routing for Pittsburgh all the way. They've always been my 2nd favorite(i'm an Isles fanUnhappy) growing up because of big number 66. 
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2008 at 16:00
Germany scored a goal against Canada yesterday, btw. they received 10 from the Canadian team.....

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2008 at 15:18
UvH, what's happening in the World's? As you keep us up to date with that I'll mosey on over to the NHL with updates.

It keeps looking impressive for the Penguins and the Red Wings. Both are undefeated in the third round. Last night Detroit started slow, as Dallas put on some heat in front of their home crowd during the opening minutes. Didn't last long though. Once the fissures were opened the writing was on the wall with numerous odd man rushes. Datsyuk got his first hat trick after being fed by Holmstom and Zetterberg. Wings win 5-2 and are up 3-0 in the series.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2008 at 16:05
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

There are the WC of Icehockey in Canada at the moment and nobody takes notice, true?

Not really. It's hard to take it serious when, for example, 6 of our best players are playing for Detroit in the Stanley Cup instead of joining the World Cup. The Russians do take it more serious though, I think. As long as we beat the Finns I'm happy, though it's unlikely that game will occur this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>