Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hockeys here so let have beer!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockeys here so let have beer!!!
    Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 14:37
The NHL season is kicking up...all tho my team is get their asses kicked, but hey I love it for the game. My team may not make it to the semi-playoffs but I like the team even if they loose. Calgary Flames for life!
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 19:15
Well it looks like the Wild are going to be decent this year.  Thank god for that, considering the ability of the other Minnesota sports teams, they look to be our only chance at the playoffs.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 02:36
LETS GO RANGERS! WOOOO!

Man it felt like forever for this season to get started!
It's only five game in, we have 2 wins, but we're gonna make it!

And it's great seeing our young talent being developed.Big%20smile

HOCKEY'S BACK BABY!Thumbs%20Up
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2007 at 06:13
It's looking like a dismal year for the Habs... Good Lord, give us a coach with an attacking mentality...
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 10:14
Hockey - is this.....

Icehockey is that....

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 16:19
No thats a bunch of goofy people playing with upside down canes.

We are talking about the real sport here, not that...that whatever it is...Tongue

Oh yeah, what do you guys think about the new RBK Edge jerseys?

And did you hear about the new heated skate blades some of the players will being testing during practice to see whether it will be aloud ingame?
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2007 at 21:44
Chicago sucks. Either way, I prefer olympic hockey it is more professional and looks more like an actual team sport. The sensless fighting kills it for me doesn't do anything for the game.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 00:59
Hear! Hear! Ulrich!
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 01:51
I like Olympic Hockey just for the nation vs. nation atmosphere. Makes me feel more patriotic. But the Ice is to big in international rules, and there's no defending your stars from being ran at besides gooning it up and going after theirs'. Because of the larger ice surface, the game is slower, and I'm not a fan of that.

On Chicago, they'll be on the rise now. Wirtz is gone, and I believe they have some great talent on the team and some up coming. Plus, Wirtz died.

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 22-Oct-2007 at 01:52
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2007 at 07:45
Somehow I still doubt, the Wolves turn to be decent more than our Major Leauge team... and the Bulls are back with better performance in the last three seasons.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 02:21
No offense, but Calgary Flames have reputation of being overrated, thanks to huge funds and never-diminishing supporters. (Calgary boom is strongly involved with this). In the beginning of the game, they play like pros. In the 2nd and/or 3rd period, they simply die. I remember how people were disappointed with a particular game, where Flames was winning by 4-0 in the 1st period, only to be beaten by 5-4.

Ignore me, Canadian Guy. I am not a great fan in sports. I can't seem to be drained out of the excitement. While nearly everyone were watching Fifa world cup (The time when Korea actually made to semi-final), I was playing games. How unpatriotic of me, eh?

Join us.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 12:26
SHAAAAAAAMMMEE ON YOU PEKAU!!!!! LOL I live in the eastern part of Canada, they are hate here because..ulgggh....Toronto and....Ottawa  are love here.  BTW I do not mean World Cup hockey...everybody knows Canada is a team to not mess with.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Prophet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Prophet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 01:16
Begging your pardon but IMHO Hockey is like watching paint dry.  Soccer is even more interesting.  P
You have never fought a war unless you have fought the Germans. W.S. Churchill
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 11:59
Originally posted by Prophet

Begging your pardon but IMHO Hockey is like watching paint dry. Soccer is even more interesting. P

You have got to be kidding

Nothing is more exciting sports-wise than a live hockey match!

Anyways, back to the season....My Canucks are slumping with all their injuries to the defensemen, but I am hoping this last victory over the Oilers brings some life back into the team!
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 14:56
The Ottawa senates are the only Canadian team worth watching so far, i had high hopes in the oilers, but so far no signs of improving, the leaves are just hopeless. i never paid any attention the the canucks and the flames but i sure hope one of them will make the playoff.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 16:58
Jazz! Where the hell have you been? Your probably the most knowledgable Hockey fan here, so you can't be disappearing otherwise hockey discussions disappear!

My Rangers are just inconsistent. And I'm not sure there's a clear explaination. I heard it's coaching, certain players, chemistry, lack of energy, older players, not having a number one d-man, lack of a finisher, etc... The answer isn't clear at all.
I think we just did to much all at once by adding Gomez and Drury. Yeah they are both great players, but you can't expect two great players coming in and meshing with the others that already established their spots on the team. You only have Four Lines and Gomez and Drury are top line players, which means you change the look of the team alot by adding them. We now have a Rookie, Dubinsky, playing as Jagr's center, and Avery a second liner at best as Jagr's other Lineman. And that to me says big chemistry problem when you have to mix players up that much.

I don't have a problem if they work, I'm just saying that it was probably to much to fast. Almost seems like years past signing the best players we can on the Rangers. Gomez and Drury were the number 1 and 2 on the centers freeagent list I'd say last offseason.
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 23:45
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Jazz! Where the hell have you been? Your probably the most knowledgable Hockey fan here, so you can't be disappearing otherwise hockey discussions disappear!.....

Haha, looks like it....

Been busy with work (I'm self employed), my other site, and now even more importantly my 6 month old daughter!

I'll chime in more often...promise!
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 00:16
Hey congrats on having a daughter. My sister had her child 8months ago. I'm a very proud uncle, and amazing how one small child adds so much more to the family.

I hope you do come in here more often. Do you also go to hfboards, or does someone their just have the same name? I don't post their often, but my name there is Blueshirtsfan86.

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 18-Feb-2008 at 00:18
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 10:58
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Hey congrats on having a daughter. My sister had her child 8months ago. I'm a very proud uncle, and amazing how one small child adds so much more to the family.

I hope you do come in here more often. Do you also go to hfboards, or does someone their just have the same name? I don't post their often, but my name there is Blueshirtsfan86.

Thanks, becoming a father has been a wonderful change, now I can't imagine life without her!

Yep, that is me, same namesake on hfboards.com I spend most of my time there in the Business and International Forums, but most of my forum time running www.forums.internationalhockey.net which has more of a broader international focus on the game.

Anyways, what the heck happened vs the Habs on Tuesday, up 5-0 only to use 5-6!?!?!!?

Edited by Jazz - 20-Feb-2008 at 10:58
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 11:43

Congrats on the growing family Jazz. Been so long I wonder what brought you back to these parts? Oh, it must be close to playoff time.

Don't worry about them Habs. They are a 100% improvement over last year. It's my Red Wings that have been dinged up the past two weeks that gets me worried.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>