Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WCC finals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WCC finals
    Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 10:02
Non-aficionados may have missed the reports of the finals of the world conker championships last weekend. English dominance was again asserted, although the runner-up was representing France, somewhat uncovincingly.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 10:22

...saw a bit of it on some obscure news item!!!!Thumbs%20Up...

....the memories come flooding back, it could have been my fertile young imagination, but i could swear i once had a forty-fiver!!..mainly built up from other conkers i beat who had one or two victories behind them...

...that was always a bone of contention..are you only allowed to have 'single' victories to make up your conkers total score? or are you allowed to 'accrue' the victories won by other conkers you have beaten???..still not sure what the rule is, but i am sticking to my accrued forty-fiver!!!!!!!

..by the way, for those not in the know, 'conkers' is an obscure early form of a British mating ritual featuring mainly young men in school uniforms, shorts and a carrying satchels full of supplies (string, bootlaces, a six inch nail, and finger protection)...Wink....
 Post Reply Post Reply