Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorism in Modern Greece

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red_Lord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Red_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrorism in Modern Greece
    Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 12:38
Could someone help me.I am interesting in this topic but I just cant find enough information.Can someone explain me what terroristic aspects are-inner(17November) and outside threat.What is the level of security,counter measures of Greek Republic and tendencies. 
"The slave is fighting for freedom,free is fighting for perfectness"
Yane Sandanski
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 13:21
Very briefly. The most prominent terrorist group was the "17th of November" (a reference of the students apprising in 1974).  It was a small but deadly group which was finally broken when a bomb exploded prematurely and wounded one of it's members in 2002 (I think).

After that there were no serious terrorist attempts. There is one more group called "Antistate struggle" who has claimed some bombings without lethal consequences.

I'm not aware of any groups that are non-Greek.
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Red_Lord View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Red_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 14:06
Thank you.But I have read that yet.I need more detailed info.So if you can to give me some link it will be great.
I want to make a parallel between balkan states in this point.

"The slave is fighting for freedom,free is fighting for perfectness"
Yane Sandanski
 Post Reply Post Reply