Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zahi Hawass fed up with Racial Politics and lies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zahi Hawass fed up with Racial Politics and lies
    Posted: 02-Mar-2009 at 13:46
Hawass has been rewriting history as he sees fit in all aspects of egyptology. Not just with blacks but with everything. Since he took over there has been little to show in the realm of archaeology in Egypt. Only himself and his men are allowed to excavate anything of interest and even those locations which we know are there he denies exist. If any speak up they are derided,belittled and ostracised. Hawass is the destroyer of Egypt not the saviour, his tactics remind me of the Taliban. Only his view is the right view all else is lies this is not right. Before you defend a liar you should look into his history. I would recommed starting at Dr Bakr and working up till the present time.
dieheart View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dieheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 14:07

I’d like to know why he (Hawass), doesn’t address the other issue’s concerning race of the Egyptians. He does come off as racist at times. And why did he close the results to the DNA testing of certain mummys?

I am African America, Black, Negroid whatever, and I don’t need Egypt to feel proud of myself or any nonsense like that. In fact, the fact that Blacks have survived and developed cultures again, and again even in times of slavery, created some of the most influential music in the Americas , Jamaica, Brazil,  that has effected people world wide,  contributions to science, history, society, etc. I don’t need Egypt to feel proud. There are also other “African, negroid” cultures for me to be proud of.

Anyway, why do people associate skin color only when it comes to the Egyptians? As if one can’t be lighter colored, and Negroid, or you have to have big lips, and a wide nose to be Negroid? And didn’t they marry Nubians wives?

Also the current people living there are not the ancient Egyptians, and the ancient culture that lived there first. Egypt didn’t just up and come about out of no where, not to mention that they themselves claim they came from upper Egypt.

Another thing is that when the Nubians came saved, and ruled Egypt, there was no major opposition to them coming south. They were seen as apart of Egypt. The Nubians where major competitors with Egypt , their army was feared, and equally respected by the Egyptians.

Also has anyone here heard of these tribes? People have started looking more into these African tribes because of their sculptures, and religions. The Dogon Tribe, Nok , and Ife. It clearly shows these are not primitive people. Also the written language of the Dogan they say are remarkably similar to the Egyptians. It’s also been said the language of the Egyptians is of Sub Sarahan Origin, which wouldn’t be a shocker since they did say they came from the North anyway.

Also the term “sub Saharan” seems to warrant less intelligent or civilized people. Just because a culture isn’t hell bent on conquest, war, and expansion, doesn’t mean they are any less civilized, and structured than anyone else. The Dogon trib is a good example of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_vKxe37NU

This vid shows many of the “black , negroid” civilizations that get overlooked by people for obvious racist reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpZMApcqVTk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jlPNVnKWA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2dB2mIXhk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKlX0Aw9eNY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVT--v-fAKw&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UynuvTRRpfY

The list goes on. But “African Americans” don’t need Egypt to feel proud. I’m tired of white people or any people saying that about us.

Edited by dieheart - 04-Apr-2009 at 14:20
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 14:40

First, do you know people here is not necesarily "white", or European anglosaxons?

Second, the reason why we have had some discussion about the race of Egypt is not because people here is particularly interested in the topic. What has happened is that quite often guys who has just inscribed on the group starts threads like "the egyptians were black" or something like that. Most of them have some beliefs that are easily recognized as popular afrocentrism, and almost all of them are Black Americans. In that case they receive what they deserve: knowledge.

With respect to African cultures, there is a thread here where you can expose your knowledge. Unfortunately, most of the time nobody post there. If interested, it is there for you to illustrate the rest of us about the cultures of subsaharan Africa.

Edited by pinguin - 04-Apr-2009 at 14:42
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 15:49
Originally posted by dieheart

I am African America, Black, Negroid whatever, and I don’t need Egypt to feel proud of myself or any nonsense like that. In fact, the fact that Blacks have survived and developed cultures again, and again even in times of slavery, created some of the most influential music in the Americas , Jamaica, Brazil,  that has effected people world wide,  contributions to science, history, society, etc. I don’t need Egypt to feel proud. There are also other “African, negroid” cultures for me to be proud of.

This is the right attitude. I keep telling Black supremacist revisionists that appropriating the achievements of other peoples is first and foremost an insult to their own ancestors, as it's implying their achievements aren't sufficient to be proud of.

In the future I'd like to see more threads about actual Sub-Saharan civilizations such as the Dogon, Nok and Ife and their achievements, instead of threads like "Egyptians were Black".
dieheart View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote dieheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 21:49
I'd like to see Hawass address those issues's I presented better than what he has been doing. Since aparently he is the Over Lord of all that is in Egypt.
Cushite View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Cushite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2009 at 20:10
It's amazing that in the year 2009 Europeans and European Americans still lie about ancient African history. That pretty sad stuff. Fake illustrations ever in this day and age is really immature.
Herr Weh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Herr Weh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 11:55
The Egyptians are apparently very sensitive about not being considered Black. Remember their outrage a few years ago when Lou Gosset Jr was chosen to play Anwar Sadat? But both men have basicly the same skin color.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 15:02
Originally posted by Herr Weh

The Egyptians are apparently very sensitive about not being considered Black. Remember their outrage a few years ago when Lou Gosset Jr was chosen to play Anwar Sadat? But both men have basicly the same skin color.

They weren't from the same race. That was pretty obvious, no matter they both could have similar color skins.
That actor was so much Egyptian as David Carradine was Chinese LOL

Edited by pinguin - 06-Jun-2009 at 15:02
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 17:09
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Nubian's aren't black. Unless you can show me evidence of a migration from West Africa at some point, they don't share any physical characteristics with West Africans so I don't see on what basis you are calling them black.
Are you suggesting that just because there skin colour is darker than a European they are black? Or that just because they are from the African continent they are black? If you are that is incredibly uneducated. If a group of Tamils came and settled on Africa somewhere do they become black?

Modern Nubians are called Arabs. Are Arabs black? If Nubians are black, and as we know Nubians are Arabs are Lebanese black? And if Lebanese are black then, based on skin colour, we can conclude that the English are black too. I mean, lets just invent some random labels and apply them to everyone while we're at it.

'Blacks' as used in modern language refer to west africans or people descendent from west africans, like Americans or West Indians. Nubians are not, and never have been related to west africans. It doesn't matter a rat's ass what their skin colour is.

Nubians are for sure not Arabs. Many of them today may talk arab language but many of them has also preserved their old Nubian tounge. And historically they don´t descend from the Arabic peninsula.

Black seems to be used in different ways in different places so one cannot say that it have to mean just West African peoples.

Here is a picture of a Nubian woman, if you want to call her black, brown or white, it´s up to you:

drgonzaga View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

banned

Quote drgonzaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2009 at 11:52
All of this "flaming" over Race is rather distasteful and has long spilled into the the realm of the unhistorical. Fussing over the intensity of melanin is a bit foolish and akin to the travesties pulled by those 19th century anthropologists all agog over cranial measurements. And just as the crania can lie so too "distinctive" facial features, and many of the postings on this thread simply illustrate not the ambiance of the Ancient World but the persistence today of much of 19th century pseudo-science and delusions of superiority.

As Carcharodon aptly observed these labels are not only arbitrary but meaningless as but a simple journey through the Indian sub-continent would amply underscore.

By the way, the "colors" chosen in ancient art reflect symbolism and not true skin tones since in the Nile Valley convention set the color "terra-cota red" as the symbol of an Egyptian. Does such make them Amerindians? 

PS: As for Mr. Hawass, he is simply reacting a bit too erroneously to the meanderings of others. Such does not justify his preoccupation with this false topic but it does explain it.
Now as to the cosmopolitan world of 18th dynasty Egypt, perhaps the fascination of "Amenophis" III for a certain Tiy might illumine this particular contretemps.

Edited by drgonzaga - 10-Jun-2009 at 13:42
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2009 at 23:36
Originally posted by Herr Weh

Why?

Just because 2 people have a similar skin tone it means that both are "Sub-Saharan" Africans?

You do realize that there are millions of people in Southern India that have the same skin tone?

This is getting very childish indeed.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2010 at 19:32
Wow, six full pages concerning one small element of the past and present, it seems!

Since others far earlier ventured into this "pit" of "I say" and "you say", then, so shall I.

When it comes to the posts that tend to say that "modern Egyptians" tend to look like "ancient Egyptians", I tend to say "Horse-hockey!", or "Poppy-cock!", or more simply "Non-sense!"

While I did not read every line or even every post above, I will have to just consider that my post here is the first one to mention these maybe important facts?

Did anyone ever mention the Arabic or Islamic rule that has existed (supposedly) in Egypt for about 1,300 years (or so) important? If not, then some one are every one was being somewhat disengenuous!

Was it not the Islamic / Moslem rulers of Egypt who were mostly interested in Slave Trade? Would it not be correct to suspect, that during the 1000 plus years such a society ruled in Egypt that a great deal of slaves might well have been used in that society? And, since "Dark Africa" looked to Egypt for leadership, would it not be true that maybe there was some deliberate immigration to Egypt from the Sub-Saharan part to Lybia / Egypt, etc.?

Can one not believe that 1000 or so years of such immigration or migration or the en-slavement of Sub-Saharan AFricans, might well have caused a marked change in the very colour of modern Egyptians as well as other physical attributes?

The answer can only be "Yes!" One might well argue that as much as 50% of the population of modern Egypt, is the result of the arrival of peoples from the middle portion of Africa and the Middle to S. Eastern portion of Africa to Egypt within the last 800 or so years, and especially within the last 400 years or less!

One must remember that slavery is still alive and well within Africa!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2010 at 00:49
Opuslola, you are right, that there was a lot of migration after the reign of Tutankhamun. But black slave like nubians were common in all eras. and if you speak about black slave deportation to Egypt in muslim days, you should also accept a "white" migration by Arabs, earlier by Persians, by Greeks and Romans.
I think the whole discussion whether Tutankhamun was white or black is making sad. There is neither a black race nor a white one, as well as I read above, you can put a blacks in one type. I don't use the term race, because it is nonsense. Races exist for cattles not fot mankind. we have so many pictures that show Egyptions in all kinds of colours, we have Nubian pharaos, but Tutankhamun is not very "negride" at all. But that he looks "white" shows of course nothing about his DNA.
Moustafa Pasha View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Moustafa Pasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2010 at 12:21

All what was said up till now is true half-true and not true. all I konw is that the mummyfication process after thousands of years turns the skin dark or black. There are scientific measures of the skull,nose and relationship between them that can identify the race of that dead person.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2010 at 14:41
Dear Bear and Moustafa!

Both good posts! There is some sadness when small details like "race" get into the way of real understanding. Technically any race is one that can interbreed with one another! Ipso facto, mankind is a "race", Chimpanzies are a "race", Gorillas, are a "race", etc.

It is almost enough for me to suggest that everyone would agree that everyone who has lived and reproduced in Africa (the continent) for over 1000 years (I.e. 1010 CE) should be considered as an original resident of Uganda! (Which is in central Africa, and I doubt one could be more "original African" than a Ugandan?)

Just bring in your family history chart, from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints, and we will annoint you as an "original African!" Chuckle!

Now, Moustafa, you also wrote; "There are scientific measures of the skull,nose and relationship between them that can identify the race of that dead person."

As to your claim above, I can plead ignorance! But, I do have some doubts about it! Variety in humans based upon the above measurements would not be enough to assure me of the skin colour of a corpse! But possibly you can provide us with such information that will convince me and others?

But, if one opinion counts for anything, I would side with the currently held opinion, that most of Ancient Egypt (From Thebes North) and possibly ancient Lybia, and other sections to the East, might well have looked more like modern Arabs or Syrians, etc., than modern Negroid (a old system name for sking colour, facial structures,and hair type, etc.) Africans!

Now you do not have to tell me that there also exists a lot of variety in Africa between the various dark skinned inhabitants there of! I realize that, but in the most general consideration, most light skinned humans, have a very good idea what some one looks like, who can be considered as a Dark Skinned African!

Now, I am not sure that I could determine a Dark Skinned native of Australian from a Dark Skinned African, but in general, I feel I could see the difference between a Dark Skinned African and a Dark Skinned Indian (Dravadian) and the African!

But, maybe that is because I have always lived with Dark Skinned Africans of differing mixtures with other persons with differing skin colours? I.e., Dark Skinned Africans mixed with N. American Indians (Native Americans), or Scots, or English, or French, or Dutch, etc.!

Perhaps I have certain recognition abilities as a result of my life in such a society? Or, perhaps not?

But, can I tell if an Ancient Egyptian, only by drawings / paintings, bas-reliefs, and other types of reliefs, etc., from someone from Nigeria, or Congo, or ?

I think I can! But maybe I am only that little steam engine?

Regards,
balabanpasa View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote balabanpasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2010 at 13:53
How can live at this place as a "aryan" whiteness(ohh great aryans).
İs anyone know the climate of egypt?
Any logic?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2010 at 17:10
Balsbanpasa! Perhaps you have had too much tea? Or Hashish? In either case you perhaps know so little, about so much, that it is indeed a happy time, that you have only made two posts!

"The Word!" knows!

Edited by opuslola - 19-Jan-2010 at 17:11
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2010 at 08:30
Early egyptians who built the earliest pyramids were indeed black, just look at the names from the first Kingdom of egypt, they are very much african sounding most likely east africa, ofcourse in the later kingdoms different people from the north and east occupied egypt
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2010 at 09:00
what means african sounding? Are Egyptians no Africans? Do you think they sound more Bantu or more Khoisan or more.......?
Sorry, that was rubbish!

Edited by beorna - 20-Jan-2010 at 09:00
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2010 at 20:04
African sounding, is like saying that someone is "American sounding!" Race cannnot be a part of either! Cannot the Boers now be considered to be Africans?, or the Portuguese who still reside in parts of Africa, or the Persians or the Indians, etc.? After all each of these have resided in and reproduced in the same continent for centuries!

Since Africa is thought to be the "mother" of all races, then why cannot a people of a different colour not now be considered as African?
Bull! or Water Buffalo, etc.

Regards,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>