Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce Yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce Yourself
    Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 16:06
Religion: draconic non-religious 
Philosophical Loyalties:  Charles Bukowski, Bommi  Baumann, Alfred Dblin 
Areas of Interest:   Struggle for the Emancipation of the Working Class
Formal training: the true training takes place on the streets and places of the class struggle, not at the universities.

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 29-Sep-2007 at 20:28

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 15:02
Sparten.

Religion: Islam, cricket.

Philosophical Loyalties: The Atomists, the Miletesiun school, Kelsenian, 20th century Islamic

Areas of Interest: Modern Jurisprudence, especially HLA Hart, Ronald Dworkin and Hans Kelsen.

Formal training: LLB Honours.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 10:38
Paul 

Religion: Nihilist

Philosophical Loyalties: Situationism, Guy Debord, George Orwell, Richard Niehart.

Areas of Interest: Postmodernism, Anarchism, Nietzsche, Baudrillard, Leotard, Foucalt, Wittgenstein, Sartre, Artificial Intelligence.

Formal Training in Related Areas: BA Philosophy, MA Contemporary French Thought.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 02:27

Akolouthos

Religion: Orthodox Christian, former Agnostic

Philosophical Loyalties: Christian Dogmatics, an occasional bit of Nominalism, lingering Skepticism

Areas of Interest: Theology, Canon Law, Patristics, Agnosticism

Formal Training in Related Areas: Undergraduate and Graduate

-Akolouthos
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2007 at 02:27
So I figured that we all might benefit if we introduced ourselves, and provided a brief intellectual biography. It would be wonderful if we could all check one thread in this sub-forum to see precisely where each individual philosopher/theologian stands. Feel free to edit whenever you want--for, indeed, ideological loyalties can be ephemeral in nature. Please put your profile in a "quote" format.  I have included an example of an introduction--mine actually--below. I would ask that this thread be reserved solely for introductions, and not for debates or responses to another's profile. Please contrain yourself to editing and re-editing your original post, rather than posting more than once in this thread.

Akolouthos

Religion: Orthodox Christian, former Agnostic

Philosophical Loyalties: Christian Dogmatics, an occasional bit of Nominalism, lingering Skepticism

Areas of Interest: Theology, Canon Law, Patristics, Agnosticism

Formal Training in Related Areas: Undergraduate and Graduate

Addendum: Since the above was intended as an example, I will repost my profile below. Please feel free to include more--or fewer--categories according to your personal preference. I plan on adding categories/getting a bit more specific with my own profile at some point in the future. Smile

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 25-Sep-2007 at 16:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123