Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mourinho Quits Blues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mourinho Quits Blues
    Posted: 20-Sep-2007 at 10:05
I'm not a huge Chelsea fan, but this surprises me: Jose Mourinho, manager of Chelsea, quit late Wednesday night. The club named insider Avram Grant new manager.

Linky

Thoughts? How do you think this will affect Chelsea in the premiership and in the Champions League?
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2007 at 10:48
Avram Grant and Abramovich are very close friends as i've heard from sports news ... Then Murihno was close to quit 3 times last year, mostly because of the team's roaster  (Sevcenko, ballack ) then Abramovich had personal business to do last winter (mmm i think something about divorcing his wife?) and he didn't participate a lot in Chelsea's matters. It was the period that Murihno was asking intensely for a back half and the unlucky results with Reding and Fulham cost a lot  . Final result: Chealsy lost the championship... Murihno almost eaten his coat back then (thats why he bought a new one for this season, but short pants and t-shirt was enough for him as it seemsCool...) I also heard that Avram will be a temporary solution until the end of October when probably will be substituted byRuud Gullit...

I think that Chealsy is not a "heavy shirt" as the rest of classical english powers so probably will be affected both in champions League and premiership...I believe mostly in premiership because if you  manage to take 3-4 bad results, you 'll be in the queue behind the 3 big ones...Don't forget that Chelsea took the last championships from the first round ... Now they can only hope...

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2007 at 11:42
A chance for the most overrated German player Michal Ballack.

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 11:19
I was surprised by the news but it's perhaps best for everybody involved.  I actually enjoyed his antics and attitudes.  He was a champion even before he got there and he is still a great coach.  Winning Champs League with Porto along  deserves all my respect.    In the end the pressure of wining for the richest club led him to 'Win Ugly'.  But that's just another day in the life of EPL.  With $300 mil, not only you should be winning but you should be winning beautifully.  I know Chelsea fans will remember him forever as a savior.  But with that kind of money, not only he should be lifting EPL trophies and FA Cups but also should be a legendary team like Rijkaard or Cruyff's Barcelona, 98' Real Madrid or Capello's AC Milan.  For me, even 99' Man Utd is more memorable team than Chelsea under Mourinho.

I know Mourinho will be successful no matter where he will end up.  So will Chelsea.  They still have enough talent to win with their bench players.  If not they can always buy some more.   The issue here is the philosophy that is governing the team not the resources.  They have lifted some trophies playing ugly, it's time to risk more and win beautiful.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 13:44
I hope we'll be Real Madrid's coach in the future.Or Panathinaikos'sCool

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 14:34
There's definantely something wrong with Chelski. Who's to blame is not so certain, Mourinho? Abramovitch? Kenyan?

All Chelsea are a bought first 11 team sheet. Those player get old, under them there's nothing but a shell of a club.

At Arsenal and Man U, Wenger and Fergusson have built legacies. They built clubs from top to bottom, reserve teams, youth sides, scouts, school visits. They created a style of play throughout all level that players are born into. They sign great players young and coach them. When one team gets old they blood a new one. And they do for a fraction of the cost of Chelski.

Edited by Paul - 21-Sep-2007 at 14:35
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 15:16
I think that mr. Abramovich makes very high contracts for a very obvious purposeWink. Chelsea is not built to last...

Post Reply Post Reply