Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All-Ireland Football Championship Final

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
QueenCleopatra View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All-Ireland Football Championship Final
    Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 07:19

Has anyone been watching Championship this summer?

Personally I think it's been a tournament of surprises. Several teams I thought would go far got knocked out early on for example some of the Northern teams

And considering how Meath gave Dublin such a run for our money I can't believe how badly they lost to Cork.

Then again I'm not surprised to see Kerry in the final and if they, and 'The Gooch' in particular are top form I reckon they'll take the Sam Maguire again this year.

Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 07:28
Monaghan gave Kerry their toughest challenge this year, and I honestly believe that if Monaghan had beaten Kerry that day, losing only due to poor finishing at the end, they could have went all the way this year. Kerry will most likely win, they live for the big final..

Cork came through on the back of an easy win against Meath, as opposed to a great performance..It's a bit of a dud final in terms of interest, at least fo me, as an all-munster final is possibly the least interesting I could have hoped for. Even with Dublin in the final I would have been more interested..

Colm Cooper has had two average seasons on the trot and people are starting to doubt his ability. But one only has to look at his distribution to see how good he still is. if he gets greedy in the final (which he needs to), he'll rack up a goal and four, I think.

I'm still reeling from the Monaghan Loss though..Cry

My prediction is:         Kerry 2-13    Cork 0-10

What you think?
QueenCleopatra View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 16:03
Well I'm sure about actual scores but as I said I'll be highly surprised if Sam doesn't go back to Kerry this year. They live for the Final as you say.

As a Dub it's hard to see both Cork and Kerry in the final but in fairness both deserve to be there. Both Dublin and Meath were atrocious in their games!

As for 'Gooch' he's had a tough year what with losing his Dad and a good friend so I can understand why he might not be as into the game at the moment. But I'm willing to be he'll be the star of the game this weekend.
Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
 Post Reply Post Reply