Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rugby World Cup
    Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 16:56

What an opener! France 12 Argentina 17

Disaster for France, can't help thinking an even bigger disaster for Ireland.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 20:26
Wow. That's quite a shock.
England all the way!
(Australia can come second...)
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 20:53
Originally posted by Knights

England all the way!

Its good to see you can dream
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 21:09

Not so sure it's a shock. They've played each other 7 times in the last 7 years and Argentina have won 6 of them. Argentina also drew against the Lions and beat England last year.

The only thing that shocks me about Argentina is the effeteness of the Tri Nations not letting them join.

Edited by Paul - 07-Sep-2007 at 21:11

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 07:48
Did anyone managed to watch Australia-Japan all the way through?

I gave up shortly after that pushover try. There surely has to be some way of avoiding this kind of mismatch.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 07:59
It was getting into the wee hours of the morning for me, so I didn't see the game through either. Still, it was a big win for the aussies. England also beat the USA, but their next match should be a big challenge - South Africa! I look forward to it. 
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 12:49
I'm glad you accepted that Rugby is no sport, at last Paul.
But in the end i moved this thread into the sport department.

Moved....

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 23:15

England all the way!
Bah, with all the other major teams walking over the minors, you'd hope engand can do better than this....

England struggle against USA (link) 28/10Wink

i was hoping Samoa to give RSA a bigger run for their money. oh well

Edited by Leonidas - 09-Sep-2007 at 23:17
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 23:17
Note to all: Mine was semi in jest! I am an England supporter, thus want England to win Smile However, I don't like their chances...
Who does everyone think will take the prize? The Boks, All Blacks and Wallabies are the top three in my opinion.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 23:21
Originally posted by Paul

The only thing that shocks me about Argentina is the effeteness of the Tri Nations not letting them join.
This may happen in the medium term.  South africa apperantly is not happy with the tri-nations set up; they make most of the money but the profits are equally shared amongst the three. This should go a long way in explaining why the Puma's arent in.
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2007 at 04:31

My top three choices of who will take it is between the All Blacks, Boks and Ireland (I thought France could have an outside chance bt after Friday night...)

Of the three I think the smart money has to be on the All Blacks.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2007 at 05:28
the  All Blacks are the best out there, but they tend to choke when the get close to the finals though....
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2007 at 06:59
I always think, NZ are the finest, most well oiled Rugby machine on planet Earth for 3 years 11 months out of every 4 years and Australia a misfiring disorganized rabble for 3 years 11 months.

My money is on a hatrick of world cups.

Edited by Paul - 10-Sep-2007 at 07:07

aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2007 at 15:02
I watched the 1st half of France-Argentina, it was amazing. Great game, Argentina outclassed France the entire half.

I'm just wondering, is there anywhere to watch the rugby games live for free, either by streaming on the internet or a free satellite channel?

GO THE WALLABIES!
"The league is alright when sparrows dispute but it can do little when eagles argue" -Mussolini
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2007 at 02:04
Hmmm...wouldn't think so, seeing as how protective the IRB is about the broadcasting rights.

I'm lucky in that both the public channels and the pay channels are broadcasting the entire tournament over here.
QueenCleopatra View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 16:11

[quote]My top three choices of who will take it is between the All Blacks, Boks and Ireland (I thought France could have an outside chance bt after Friday night...)

Of the three I think the smart money has to be on the All Blacks.[quote]

I'd love to think O'Driscoll, Stringer, O'Gara et al could make it all the way but after their dismal preformance against Nambia I have to wonder.

I mean if I didn't know any better I'd have said Ireland were the amateurs.

Still at least we won and got our bonus point and there were times we showed potential eg BOD's amazing try at the beginning so maybe there is hope for the Boys in Green yet!
Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 04:21
Brian O'Driscoll - great player, but what a knob..His stupid inverted posh accent and ridiculous face, I just can't take him seriously..Especially because he advertises for about 10 different companies, including sporting a powerade bottle for the camera after every game..

Paul O'Connell is a real Irishman!

Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 06:14
But all that's irrelevent at the moment. What matters is that he's a great player and can motivate his team to be likewise.

That was what they seemed to lack against Namibia I think because when motivated right they can run rings around the other team as we saw in the Six Nations.
Her Royal Highness , lady of the Two Lands, High Priestess of Thebes, Beloved of Isis , Cleopatra , Oueen of the Nile
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 06:19
He cant motivate them, that's the problem. If you listen to the half-time talks and before game talks its O'Connell that does the stuff - O'Driscoll tries but he just doesn't have the impact.

My fave player is Wallace, what a brute..
Earl
Earl

Quote QueenCleopatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 06:24
Mine's O'Gara.

His feet are magic, he rarely misses a scoring oppertunity and he's leathally fast when he gets the ball and goes for a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>