Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did Israel attack the US with Chertoff?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Israel attack the US with Chertoff?
    Posted: 30-Sep-2007 at 00:03
King John, you can go ahead and believe whatever you like; that's why we live in a (still) free country where all opinions are (supposively) respected. The connections between the neo-cons that have been governing US foreign policy for the last 25 years and the Jewish-American lobby based in Washington DC are well documented and obvious to anyone with an open mind. I'm not going to argue about the technicalities of Chertoff's dual citizenship any longer. It is the larger implications and associations that concern me.   
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2007 at 00:38
All I'm saying Konstantinius is that Israels support in the US goes beyond the neo-cons and the Jewish American lobby. These ties go back way past 25 years. These ties started at the beginning of the cold war, when Israel was one of the only democracies in the area, it is only natural then for the US (the top democracy) to support her (Israel). I also never stated that US foreign policy hasn't been shaped bu the J-A Lobby. I have however stated that there is no proof that Chertoff aided in any espionage conspiracy conducted by Israel. Chertoff's connection to this "spy ring" is what the article is about. If the larger implications and associations concern you, wonderful, that's your perogative. However as a US citizen I am more concerned about the fleeting personal rights that we enjoy, these have nothing to do with the Jewish - American Lobby and more to do with the powerful wanting to keep power beyond that which the Constitution grants them. That is more of an afront to freedom than the Jewish-American Lobby is. I respect your opinion, and think I have been respectful in my responses to your opinion, just as the reverse is true. I however respectfully disagree with your view of the situation. And to be quite honest I really don't care if you criticize Israel or the US relationship with Israel but don't blame the entire relationship on the Jewish Lobby, the situation is far more complicated than that response shows.
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2007 at 01:05
Originally posted by King John

All I'm saying Konstantinius is that Israels support in the US goes beyond the neo-cons and the Jewish American lobby. These ties go back way past 25 years. These ties started at the beginning of the cold war, when Israel was one of the only democracies in the area, it is only natural then for the US (the top democracy) to support her (Israel).
With respect KJ,
 US support was also shaped by the guilt this country bore in the post-WW II era of not having done enough early to prevent or alleviate the Holocaust. The ties were forged more under moralistic guilt and dilemmas than actual geo-political considerations. These conditions have been radically altered today
 I also never stated that US foreign policy hasn't been shaped bu the J-A Lobby. I have however stated that there is no proof that Chertoff aided in any espionage conspiracy conducted by Israel.
I am not arguing for the opposite. Nor do I personally have any evidence for that. If there were evidence he (hopefully) wouldn't still be in his position.
Chertoff's connection to this "spy ring" is what the article is about. If the larger implications and associations concern you, wonderful, that's your perogative. However as a US citizen I am more concerned about the fleeting personal rights that we enjoy, these have nothing to do with the Jewish - American Lobby and more to do with the powerful wanting to keep power beyond that which the Constitution grants them. That is more of an afront to freedom than the Jewish-American Lobby is.
I absolutely agree. Nor am i too concerned that my freedoms will be eroded by the J-A lobby. It is the neo-cons that I'm worried about. An attack on Iran, though, would both erode liberties even further AND be in accordance (and with the eulogies) with Israeli foreign policy. Again, it will not be the J-A lobby that will be the main factor in an attack on Iran; it will be the neo-cons that are running the goverment. But, with eroding popular support and increasing fiscal difficulties, they will grasp at ANY support they can get, especially one coming from such a powerful group. I would really like to see the major J-A organizations condemn any further aggression in the region and call instead for peacefull solutions to the crisis with respect to human rights and national sovereignty of others. this would really earn my respect and I would tip off my hat to them.  
I respect your opinion, and think I have been respectful in my responses to your opinion, just as the reverse is true. I however respectfully disagree with your view of the situation. And to be quite honest I really don't care if you criticize Israel or the US relationship with Israel but don't blame the entire relationship on the Jewish Lobby, the situation is far more complicated than that response shows.
I also agree but would like to add that IN RESPECT TO FOREIGN POLICY and as part of a wider overhaul of the system, our foreign policy in regards to Israel must come under review, i.e no more 'special" status for that country, especially if it endangers US interests in the area 
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2007 at 01:20
You can call all you want for peaceful solutions in the area but if the parties aren't willing to execute these solutions then calling for them is useless. Last time I checked there was a call for a 2 state system in the infamous "Road Map to Peace," an agreement facilitated by a neo-con president and administration. I really think that at the core of both our arguments is the same theme. No country should garner special interest and status from our gov't. Where we differ is concerning the matter of the Jewish-American Lobby's influence on US foreign policy. I don't argue that the J-A Lobby has an influence on foreign policy but I will argue that they have as much pull as you say they do. The US will never attack Iran (at least not in the next 20 years) regardless of how much the J-A Lobby might want them to. Furthermore I don't remember reading anything saying that the J-A Lobby want a war with Iran. Do you have a source for this?
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2007 at 12:19
No. But I use my common sense. If indeed the J-A lobby fully supported the attack on Iraq, don't you think they would also espouse an attack on a much bigger enemy for Israel, Iran? If things become heated up between the US and Iran, thus pre-emptying a US attack on Iran, watch for their (J-A) actions and sayings.

Last time I checked the "Road Map to Peace", it was dotted with a fence. Our neo-con Pres and Admin have not taken a stance on it (the fence)

Radicalism on either side is condemnable. Israel cannot live with daily rocket attacks on its soil either. Hamas and Hezbollah have to pipe down (literally) otherwise they just feed the militant, extremist side within Israel.

The pull of the J-A lobby coincides with the pull of the industrial-military complex (but for different reasons) thus forming a formidable  (but not unsurmountable)  front.
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 00:02
Just to stress my point, i'd like to refer to the Congress Resolution passed last week which classified the Republican Guard of Iran as a terrorist organization. This was put forth by Joe Lieberman at the exclusive urging of the Jewish-American Council. This resolution has nothing to do with the interest of the US and if anything will deteriorate an already tense situation.   
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2007 at 03:50
Do you have documentation that Joe Lieberman "at the exclusive urging of the Jewish-American Council" put forth this resolution? Or is this conjecture?

I have found the press-release anouncing an Iran Resolution and it seems that in this amendment nothing is said about Israel but rather much is made of Iran funding "terrorist" (insurgent) organizations and killing US soldiers. I am no expert but that seems to me to be working in US interest and not Israeli. http://lieberman.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=284039 Here is a copy of the press-release regarding the designation of the Iranian Republican Guard as a terrorist organization. http://lieberman.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=284225 Again there is no reference to Israel but only actions against US interests, namely US troops in Iraq. Also not that the resolution is not put forth by only Joe Lieberman but rather Sens. Kyl, Graham, Coleman, Alexander, Ensign, Thune and Corker.

If the links don't work just copy and paste them and they should work then.

Edited by King John - 02-Oct-2007 at 03:51
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 07:36
No, I don't have proof. I heard it on NPR which I deem as a reputable source. By the way, the way these things happen, you are not going to see the sponsors advertised as if it were a sports contest. The continuing deterioration of US-Iran relations is to the long-term detriment of the US, not Israel. So it just doesn't make sense to antagonize in such ineffectual way someone who could be doing something to decrease the killing your troops, at least the part they can control. 
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Oct-2007 at 17:13
You heard on NPR that Lieberman put this resolution forth "at the exclusive urging of the Jewish-American Counicl?" If so could you tell me the date and estimated time as well as the NPR channel you heard it on so I can go and listen to the report for myself? You will definately see the sponsers openly discussing their support of the resolution especially if they are from Republican states like co-sponsor Sen Kyl (R-Arizona). Here is the press release from Sen. Kyl's office concerning the resolution http://kyl.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=284471. By the by they don't have to advertise it it's public record and anybody who wants to know can go look at it. I disagree the deterioration of US-Iran relations is not only to the long-term detriment of the US but also to all the nations of the world especially those in the Middle East.

I find it interesting that you, in your last post, did not comment at all about the press releases but seem to have merely gone right over them. The press releases clearly show the sponsors advertising the resolution.

Here is a newspaper article about the resolution in question, which by the way has nothing to do with the question at heart of this thread. http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/connecticut/ny-bc-ct--lieberman-iran0926sep26,0,6941186.story.

P.S. Again if the links don't work copy and paste them they should work then.

Edited by King John - 06-Oct-2007 at 17:16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12