Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did Israel attack the US with Chertoff?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Israel attack the US with Chertoff?
    Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 15:50
Indeed, I wonder. The mind really boggles as to how news of such blatant transgressions and acts of war by Israel against the US are systematically brushed under the carpet...  Imagine if it was discovered that a 200 strong Russian spy ring was uncovered and that a dual Russo-American citizen, presiding as chief justice officer, absolved each and every one of the guilty and nothing more was said of it.  Can you imagine that?  I can't... A bloody travesty.  Anyway, the following article, for me as a non-American,  highlights some outrageous facts.

My question is, why does the American establishment sit back and do nothing? 

DID ISRAEL ATTACK THE UNITED STATES WITH CHERTOFF'S AID?

author: Phillip Yardley
It is a little known, but historical fact that Israel has attacked the United States several times. Yet, we now know that our New Homeland Security Chief helped Israel to do so.
In 1954, Israeli agents working in Egypt planted bombs in several buildings, including a United States diplomatic facility, and left evidence behind implicating Arabs as the culprits. The ruse would have worked, had not one of the bombs detonated prematurely, allowing the Egyptians to capture and identify one of the bombers, which in turn led to the round up of an Israeli spy ring.

Some of the spies were from Israel, while others were recruited from the local Jewish population. Israel responded to the scandal with claims in the media that there was no spy ring, that it was all a hoax perpetrated by "anti-Semites". But as the public trial progressed, it was evident that Israel had indeed been behind the bombing. Eventually, Israeli's Defense Minister Pinhas Lavon was brought down by the scandal, although it appears that he was himself the victim of a frame-up by the real authors of the bombing project, code named "Operation Susannah."

On June 8, 1967, thirty-four fine young American boys died while defending the U.S.S. Liberty against a sustained air and sea attack by the armed forces of the State of Israel. Yes, during the Six Day War between Israel and the Arab States, the American intelligence ship USS Liberty was attacked for 75 minutes in international waters by Israeli aircraft and torpedo boats. Thirty-four men died and 172 were wounded.

The U.S.S. Liberty was damaged beyond repair and scrapped.

Survivors and many key government officials including Secretary of State Dean Rusk and former Joint Chief of Staffs Chairman, Admiral Thomas Moorer say it was a deliberate act of war.

On June 15, 1986, The United States attacked Muammar Khadaffi. But according to Victor Ostrovsky, a Mossad defector now living in Canada, Ronald Reagan was tricked into bombing Libya by means of a radio transmitter smuggled into Tripoli by the Mossad, which broadcast messages designed to fool the United States into thinking Libya was about to launch a massive terror attack on the west. On the basis of this fake evidence, the US bombed Libya, killing Khadaffi's daughter. Is Victor Ostrovsky correct?

More recently, the FBI, CIA, Secret Service and DEA found the most significant foreign espionage ring ever discovered in the history of the United States. It was a huge spy ring of hundreds of Israelis who penetrated the highest echelons of American intelligence agencies and the American military as reported by Carl Cameron on Fox News Network's Brit Hume Show, December 12, 2002. In a corresponding broadcast on MSNBC, titled U.S. Busts Israeli Spy Ring, March 5, 2002, it was reported that approximately 200 Israeli agents were apprehended for attempting to penetrate the Justice Department, the U.S. judiciary system, several military bases, the FBI, the DEA, the INS and the CIA.

And it was our new Homeland Security Chief, Michael Chertoff, hand-picked by President Bush, who set them free without being charged. Why? Was it because Michael Chertoff's American patriotisms are subordinate to Zionist sympathies?

It is true, if I may respectfully say so, that many Jews appear to hold such ancient allegiances. And, it is also true that Jews salute the Israeli flag; I've discovered this upon conducting secondary research (writings found in the library) and primary research (in-person interviews with Jews who are American citizens who regularly salute the Israeli flag).

Does Micheal Chertoff salute the Israeli flag?

Nevertheless, for many months, members of this Israeli spy ring shadowed half of the September 11th hijackers as well as their leader, Mohammed Atta. In fact, five of these Israeli spies were so carefully watching Mohammed Atta that they actually resided on the same street where he lived in Hollywood, Florida. It is also known that Israeli intelligence penetrated the entire telephone network of the United States. And, in a brazen act of treason, an Israeli company was given the contract to conduct official wiretaps of all U.S. Government surveillance. Yes, as amazing as it seems, an Israeli company directly funded by the Israeli government and with ties to Mossad, Israel's spy agency the motto of which is "Winning Wars Through Deception", was given the contract to provide all the surveillance and wiretaps conducted by the United States Government. This gave Israel the technical ability to wiretap virtually any telephone in the United States including phone lines of U.S. law enforcement officers. Indeed, records reveal that a powerful Israeli drug organization in the United States escaped prosecution because of this Israeli control of our phone systems because the Israelis tapped the telephone conversations of the law enforcement personnel who were investigating them. This was also reported by Carl Cameron on the Fox News Network during the Brit Hume Show that aired December12, 1002.

What is more, during the September 11th attack, five men were caught standing on their van with binoculars focused on the World Trade Center while their companions videoed and enthusiastically celebrated the tragedy. They were apprehended by the FBI, discovered to be Israeli agents in possession of false passports, large sums of cash and a number of box cutters. The FBI held them for months during which time each and every one failed lie detector tests. After their release by Michael Chertoff, our new Homeland Security Chief, they fled to Israel.

Now, what would cause these Israeli spies to cheer upon seeing what was a nightmare for others? To hear about the attack of September 11th or to see it televised put most of us in mild shock. But they saw it in person and from only a few miles. Yet, for them, it caused glee. Why? Why would government agents of our closest ally to whom we have freely given $90 billion, far more than any other country, along with unqualified friendship and unqualified protection find joy in our darkest hour?

There can be no question that their behavior was inspired by specific and pertinent knowledge attached to the event. To be sure, they must have known who was responsible and who would benefit. They certainly appeared to be celebrating a victory. Apparently, they believed that the September 11th attack would be good for Israel, for it would make their enemies our enemies; we would become allies to them in their war against the Arab world, particularly, their greatest threat, Iraq; and as a byproduct of our war mentality, it would be easier for Israel to prosecute its war against Palestine. I feel it is fatuously obvious this was the cause of their celebration atop that van.

It is also more than a little peculiar that no Israelis died in the World Trade Center attack. Although the President, in his State of the Union Address shortly after September 11th, stated that 130 Israelis died in the attack, he was incorrect. For not a single Israeli citizen died in the World Trade Center. This in spite of the fact that, on the morning after the attack, the Jerusalem Post reported 4,000 Israelis were believed to be in the area of the World Trade Center. Please see the September 11, 2001 Jerusalem Post article titled, Thousands of Israelis Missing Near WTC, Pentagon. Then on September 22, 2002, The New York Times later reduced the 130 casualties to one single casualty in an article by Eric Lipton titled, Estimates of Toll May Be Too High. Presently, most reports state that no Israelis, whatsoever, died on that awful day.

No Israeli casualties in the World Trade Center would be simply impossible, it seems, unless the Israeli Government received prior warning of the attack and, in turn, relayed the warning to some of the Israelis at the World Trade Center. Ten days after Bush's State of the Union Speech, the FBI confirmed that warning messages of the impending attack were, in fact, received by an Israeli firm, Odigo, at its offices located in both Israel and in the World Trade Center. The article titled, Odigo Says Workers Were Warned of Attack, written by Yuval Dror was published in the September 29th, 2001 edition of Ha'aretz, one of Israel's most prominent newspapers.

The evidence appears to be unambiguous. Israel must have known of the World Trade Center attack well in advance, and then in a startlingly act of murderous betrayal warned its nationals while letting Americans die horrific deaths. Yes, apparently Israel cold-heartedly stood by as Americans died while it could have easily warned them. But then, evidently, that is what Israel wanted. As mentioned before, Israel wanted the September11th tragedy for it would garner American support for Ariel Sharon's agenda against Islamic nations, especially Palestine, Iraq and Iran. That is why the Israeli spies were rejoicing at our countrymen's death on September 11th.

Is this a formula? Is September 11th related to the Iraqi War as is the Lusitania to World War I and Pearl Harbor to World War II? To be sure, many historians now believe the sinking of the Lusitania and the attack of Pearl Harbor were staged with Roosevelt's and Churchill's knowledge.

Was September 11th another case of an Israeli terror attack upon the United States like the Lavon Affiar and the attack of the U.S.S. Liberty?

Of course, the Israelis are using our money, our weapons and the lives of our young men to achieve their agenda. Ten thousand of our finest people have been maimed for life and well over one thousand have died in Iraq. Yet, unlike Israel, Iraq has, paradoxically, never committed an act of war or terror against the United States.

And, Michael Chertoff is keeping watch over us. Or is he just watching us?

Mossad's motto, "winning wars through deception", says it all, really.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 17:19
Hi Gharanai. Please, let's not turn this into a general Israel bashing thread, I am asking a serious question which is very pertinent to the modern history of America and as such I want an exploration of the reasons behind the tacit collusion of successive US governments in blatant acts of war against the country whose people they are supposed to represent.  Please do not take offence in my hiding your post, but I have a feeling it is liable to derail my thread.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2007 at 19:51
Are you serious? This "article," and I use that term loosely, does not espouse facts, merely conjectures. It makes fabulous claims and backs them up with nothing. Let's look at the first two sentences: "It is a little known, but historical fact that Israel has attacked the United States several times. Yet, we know that our New Homeland Security Chief helped Israel to do so." Really? How did he help, I've read the entire "article" and it makes no mention of how he aided any Israeli Conspiracy. What the "article" does do however is chronicle alleged Israeli involvement in a number of dark American moments.

In this piece Mr. Yardley states: "It is true, if I may respectfully say so, that many Jews appear to hold such ancient allegiances. And, it is also true that Jews salute the Israeli flag; I've discovered this upon conducting secondary research (writings found in the library) and primary research (in-person interviews with Jews who are American citizens who regularly salute the Israeli flag)." There are a number of problems with this statement.

1. All Jews don't salute the Israeli flag. I'm an American who happens to be a Jew and I can honestly say that I have never saluted a flag that is not the Flag of New Jersey of the flag of the USA. To say that this was discovered through "research" is laughable.

2. I am pretty sure that you didn't write this rubbish Zagros, but if the author is going to allege that he used research and found supporting data he should at least give a title or a quote.

In general Journalists are taught to not publish information that can not be verified by 3 independant sources. Generally you want to include quotes from people or reports he only does this for a few of his claims. Furthermore when Mr. Yardley does do this he provides no quote just a one sentence synopsis of another article.

It is telling that this piece is found in the 9/11 section of the portland.indymedia.org website. This piece is a well thought out vieled attempt at implicating Israel in 9/11. This piece also smacks of anti-semitism. Now I say this not because it criticizes Israel I have no problem with that, criticize all you want, there are a lot of actions taken by Israel that I don't agree with. I point out the anti-semitism that I have read here because this article seems to confuse what it means to be Israeli and what it means to be Jewish. Not all Israelis are Jews and not all Jews are Israelis. It also wants to lay the blame on Michael Chertoff simply because he is a Jew. It's also interesting that Chertoff was chosen since he wasn't the head of National Security until 2005 and at the time of the alleged Israeli attack he was on his way out of the DOJ, he was there 2001-June 2003. I also point out that this piece represents the author's biases as facts. Now you can poo-poo me as another uptight Jew who pulls the race card too quickly. However, this "article" is not journalism it's the author's own views represented as fact rolled in conspiracy theories. He also seems like the type that would say "Jews control the world media and banks."
South View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote South Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 00:51
The posted article by Yardley qualifies as junior high school ramblings, at best.

His "no Israelis died in the World Trade Center attack" is hopefully correct.  After the 1993 (repeat: 1993) bombing, WTC was deemed a risk.  Many others, besides the Israelis, were aware of this risk.

After the 1993 attack and no security enhancements to rectify the situation, means the place was not safe.

It also means any insurance sold was de facto subsidized similiar to the current "sub-prime mortgage scandal".

The knowledgable knew this.  The knowledgable acted accordingly.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 13:19
Chertoff is a dual Israeli American national. 

"It is a little known, but historical fact that Israel has attacked the United States several times. Yet, we know that our New Homeland Security Chief helped Israel to do so." Really? How did he help?

Perhaps by dropping all charges against the 200 stroing Israeli spy ring? Perhaps?  It simply means that Israel, with its friends in high places, has really little to fear by committing such outrages against possibly the only country in the world that gives a damn about it.   But that is besides the question I am trying to ask here which is, HOW do they get away with such things? 

Can you tell me why no one in the establishment really blinked an eye at Chertoff's outrageous act?

His "no Israelis died in the World Trade Center attack" is hopefully correct.  After the 1993 (repeat: 1993) bombing, WTC was deemed a risk.  Many others, besides the Israelis, were aware of this risk.

He referred specifically to an Israeli company which took the day off on 911.

1. All Jews don't salute the Israeli flag. I'm an American who happens to be a Jew and I can honestly say that I have never saluted a flag that is not the Flag of New Jersey of the flag of the USA. To say that this was discovered through "research" is laughable.

2. I am pretty sure that you didn't write this rubbish Zagros, but if the author is going to allege that he used research and found supporting data he should at least give a title or a quote.

No, I didn't write this article.  What stimulated my interest in it was its highlighting of the fact that a 200 strong foreign spy ring was uncovered whose members were subsequently absolved of their crime by a man who is also a citizen of the country for which they were spying.  whether or not Jews have a double allegiance or not is not really relevant so long as they don't work for ISrael at the expense of their other country - I wasn't happy with that part of the article either, really.  I myself have a sense of dual national allegiance but I would never abuse it.

King John, I also got that feeling of anti-Jewish undertones from the article - but again, what caught my interest is the Chertoff scandal.

Edited by Zagros - 04-Sep-2007 at 13:21
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2007 at 18:52
See this type of stuff really annoys me. I went and checked some of the information that was referenced in this "article" and it doesn't check out. The author leads you, the reader, to believe that all 200 were involved in this "spy ring" only some 60 people were actually tied to any sort of intelligence operations. The interesting thing here is how the author strings together conjecture and coincidence and represents it as fact. An Israeli company taking the day off on 9/11 means absolutely nothing. If we go by the mode of thinking shown in the article then anybody who took 9/11 off for whatever reason was complicit in the attacks. By the way dropping charges isn't indicative of complicity, charges get dropped all the time. What the author fails to reveal is that only a handful of the 200 were detained and that most of the rest were deported because of student visa issues. Could you prove that it was Michael Chertoff who absolved these 200 of their collective crime?

By the by Dual Citizenship proves absolutely nothing.

Edited by King John - 04-Sep-2007 at 18:54
Patch View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2007 at 03:46
The 'story' that Jews were responsible for 9/11 is as believeable as the 'Protocols of Zion' or the 'Blood Libel'  and was invented for the same reason.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2007 at 13:25
King John, do you have a couple of links or references to the sources you further investigated? 
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2007 at 13:35
Let me see if I can dig them up, school just started again so it might be a day or two.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2007 at 14:26
Here are a couple of the links that I found:

the Brit Hume Reporthttp://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5133.htm this is just part four but you can click on the other parts at the top of the page.

also I found this today. This piece says entirely the samething that the "article" in question here says. In fact it would seem that the author of the "article" lifted a section or two from this piece. The similarities are remarkable. http://www3.davidduke.com/writings/howisraelcaused911.pdf

I can't remember the other terms that I searched nor can I remember the cites I have been to, I am remiss to say.
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 16:46
I, as an American, am absolutely disgusted that no one less than the head of the country's so-called Homeland Security Dept. is allowed to have dual citizenship and an Israeli one at that. I consider it a major conflict of interest of the highest magnitude. I do not mean to sound anti-Semitic (but if I do, I could not care less) but I definitely oppose the role that the State of Israel is playing in the M. East and this country's (US) unabashed support of Israel in its foreign policy. It just makes all the "conspiracy theorists" sound so much more true in my opinion. 
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 17:46
Neither of those links work King John.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2007 at 20:58
Originally posted by konstantinius

I, as an American, am absolutely disgusted that no one less than the head of the country's so-called Homeland Security Dept. is allowed to have dual citizenship and an Israeli one at that.

Actually this, the ability to hold dual citizenship in the US, has been discussed on this site before. It turns out that it is not illegal to hold dual citizenship. It is however not encouraged but this does not make the practice illegal. And by the way holding dual citizenship has nothing to do with his ability to do his job. Can you prove that Chertoff's Israeli citizenship interferred with the responsibilities of his post?

Sorry for the non-working links. For some reason this always happens to me when I post links on here. They should however work if you copy and paste them.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2007 at 16:38
     Well its no secret that there are Zionists and Zionist sympathizers in the ranks of many of the country's intelligence groups and administrative positions. I think most people, except for most Americans, are aware of this fact. You don't even need the Chertoff story to check out, just look at how the U.S. treats Israel. They give the same amount of aid to Israel as they do to the rest of the countries in the world combined. So 7 million Israelis get the same aid as the remaining 5 billion+ people on the planet, even though they are occupying parts of 3 countries, and they have a modern army with a nuclear arsenal, all paid in full by, you guessed it, the U.S.  If thats not an indication that they have friends in high places, then I don't know what is. The sad part is that the sympathizers of Zionists have no idea that the Zionists would kill their supposed friends and other innocents in order to achieve their goals. Then there are those who think anyone who speaks of Zionists must be anti-Semitic, as if annexing earthly land has something to do with a language group or supernatural beliefs.

Originally posted by Zagros

My question is, why does the American establishment sit back and do nothing?

Because many of them are either Zionists, Christian Zionists or Zionist sympathizers, or they have some material gain out of supporting them. Or people who have nothing to do with them but are hopelessly controlled/influenced by them.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2007 at 20:22
Originally posted by King John

Originally posted by konstantinius

I, as an American, am absolutely disgusted that no one less than the head of the country's so-called Homeland Security Dept. is allowed to have dual citizenship and an Israeli one at that.

Actually this, the ability to hold dual citizenship in the US, has been discussed on this site before. It turns out that it is not illegal to hold dual citizenship.
We're not discussing the illegality or not of dual citizenship in general. Don't digress.
It is however not encouraged but this does not make the practice illegal. And by the way holding dual citizenship has nothing to do with his ability to do his job.
No, not with the ability. It might affect the outcome, though.

Can you prove that Chertoff's Israeli citizenship interferred with the responsibilities of his post?
Can you prove that it doesn't?

Sorry for the non-working links. For some reason this always happens to me when I post links on here. They should however work if you copy and paste them.
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2007 at 23:01

Konstantinius, I'm not the one who brought up the whole dual citizenship thing. In fact the notion that dual citizenship played any part in this "attack on the US" was implied by, if not explicitly stated in the article at the heart of this thread. You're the one who brought up that you were "disgusted that no one less than the head of the country's so-called Homeland Security Dept. is allowed to have dual citizenship and an Israeli one at that." This statement calls into question the legality of holding dual citizenship. By using the verb "allow" you are consciously or subconsciously implying that nobody is permitted to hold dual citizenship. With this said, not once did I bring up whether a US citizen is entitled or has permission under the law to hold dual citizenship. I however chose to rebut your statements with the statement that you quoted above. Shall I go further in-depth regarding the words of your statement and how you further imply illegality of dual citizenship? In response to your question of proof that Israeli citizenship didn't interfere with Chertoff's ability, I respond thus. I don't have to prove it. I'm not the one claiming to know how Chertoff's citizenship shaped his ability to do his job. This is a claim implied by the author of the "article." Was it really a digression? I don't think so. My comments were on point because at the heart of this thread is the question: "why does the American establishment sit back and do nothing?" The author of the "article" chose to highlight Chertoff's ethnic and religious background as a case for his inability to do his job - that is to protect the National Security of the US. Responders have also brought up the notion that dual citizenship could have affected his ability to do his job. Therefore the legality of dual citizenship is actually a pertinent topic of conversation for this thread, especially when certain people are "disgusted that no one less than the head of the country's so-called Homeland Security Dept. is allowed to have dual citizenship and an Israeli one at that." By the way why are you disgusted?

By the way how does it (the US relationship with Israel) strengthen the case of the conspiracy theorists?
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 19:13
Why is the US President required by the Constitution to be a US-born citizen? Probably because of the importance and sensitivity of the post. So dual citizenship is allowed to a certain extend when it comes to holding office, it is not universal. I am not discussing the oppinions of the writer of the article, but my own. I think that having a dual citizen at that post (Dept. of Homeland Security) is just outrageous ESPECIALLY when such citizenship is an Isreali one, REGARDLESS that, at that level, it is allowed by law (not at ALL levels, however, as I already mentioned). If you don't see anything wrong in the Americano-Israeli relations and the implications of those in the wider M. East area or the situation in Iraq, then I guess there's no point in continuing this discussion (or perhaps it is the subject of a different thread).
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 21:40
You can be born in the US and still hold Dual Citizenship, and consequently be President of the US.   Example you ask, well let's say that a child, we'll call him Mark, is born in the US to an American father and an English mother. Mark grows up in the US as a US citizen but because his mother is English he also holds a UK passport and citizenship. One day Mark decides "I'm going to run for president!" Amazingly he wins, (yay Mark!), he is entitled to hold that office because he was a citizen born in the US, regardless of his second UK citizenship. Why is it especially outrageous when the second citizenship is Israeli? Why is Israeli citizenship worse than British (with whom the US has had a very special relationship with for the better part of the last century), German, Italian, Jordanian, or Greek citizenship?
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2007 at 22:33
Why is it especially outrageous when the second citizenship is Israeli? Because Israel is the only country on earth that has openly attacked the US in an act of war and went unpunished; because Israel is the biggest recipient of foreign aid ($ 3 billion a year) with absolutely no accountability of how this aid is used--as opposed to stringent measures that hold other countries accountable, i.e Colombia. Because there are tight connections between the neo-cons that masterminded the war in iraq and the Jewish lobby in the US. It is no secret that the Jewish lobby actively supported and pushed for the war in Iraq probably thinking --like the neo-cons--that an easy victory is ahead for US forces. Look at "Forward"--Major jewish lobby publication--around the time of the preparations of the attack on Iraq as well as the comments by Howard Kor (sp?), APAC's (sp?) director. EVERY major Jewish-American organization was pro-invasion. The war in Iraq would not have happened without the neo-cons; but the effort also found major support in one of the strongest lobbies in Washington, the Jewish-American lobby. The American political system, unfortunately, is wide open to influence from organized interests, not just APAC and the other Jewish-American organizations--something that in my opinion, if it continues unchecked will be detrimental to this "democracy" or whatever is left of it. But very few civilian organized groups outside the industrial-military complex have the ability to influence US foreign policy as much as the Jewish-American lobby does. This is not healthy and must be checked because the national interest of Israel does not necessarily correspond to that of the US. I do not intent to sound anti-Semitic so please do not ring the alarm bell of "antisemitism" that is so often used as soon as someone dares to criticize the US-Israeli connection and the undue influence that Israel wields on the foreign policy of this country (US); I just like to call things by their name. Is it accidental that 2 out of 3 neo-con "axis of evil members"--Syria and Iran--are Israel's # 1 enemies? In my opinion there's nothing that the US has to be afraid of at least from Syria who traditionally has contained herself in a regional role and is at odds with al-Qaeda as much as Musharraf's secular regime or Karzai's in Afghanistan. Wouldn't it be neat for Israel if the US attacked Iran after a mis-calculated and irrational move removed the only regional power that in effect contained Shiite Iran, Saddam's Sunni, secular regime in Iraq? How long is this country going to be fighting Israel's wars in the M. East? What does that do for the long-term interests of this Empire--not the Israeli--in the region and the world in general? Chertoff's Israeli citizenship and the sensitivity of his post is just another proof of the tightness of the relationship between neo-cons/Jewish lobby. Please don't tear the garments on your body in an effort to prove how many governmental officials hold dual citizenships other than Israeli; there's probably quite a few. I will refer you back to reading the entirety of this post.

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2007 at 23:31
Chertoff's Israeli Citizenship has nothing to do with his post. This is a post hoc ergo propter hoc argument that holds no water. You and the author make these ascertions that Chertoff's decission making is effected by his US and Israeli citizenship, but never back it up. The fact that he holds dual citizenship does not mean that every move he makes as the head of National Security is governed his Israeli citizenship. And may I add that the US' dislike for Iran goes back longer than I think you care to remember. In 1979 there was a revolution in Iran and US hostages were taken. Now you are going to argue that this (the hostage taking) was done in response to our support of Israel, which would be false. It was done because we were backing the oppressive gov't of the Shah of Iran. So this had more to do with US Imperialism than Israel. Not to mention the role that the former Soviet Union was playing in the area, giving money and weapons to all those who opposed US interests in the area. See Syria, and the dissident groups of the MIddle East at that time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>