Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 2007/08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champions League 2007/08
    Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 21:24
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Originally posted by Majkes

Come on, if I can make fun of Scottish teams what other teams I can make fun of?  Just kidding.Tongue  I do have hard time giving Celtic much credit because of my Korean heritage and their best player Nakamura(I would rather think he's doing well in a bad league) but Rangers looks legit this year.  Just for pure speed, Beasley's gotta be one of the most fast player in the world.  You just kick it out in to left corner and he will go out and get that for you more times than not.

Nakamura is Japanese though. Mon the HoopsThumbs%20Up.

Precisely.  That is why I have hard time giving him or his team any credit.Wink

Ok, I seeLOL.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2007 at 03:55
Well, no need to give Scottish teams too much respect I guess, after being trounced by Lyon 3-0 - although after watching the second half it looked like the Rangers beat themselves just as badly as Lyon beat them. They wasted so many good free kick and corner kick opportunities.

My Bara won again today. Unfortunately I couldn't watch the gave, but what I read seems to show that they looks like they might be starting to regain some of the form that people expect them to show. It was nice for Eto'o and Ronaldinho to score, and kudos to Giovanni dos Santos for breaking on to the UEFA scene with a nice goal as well. Da Silvas free kick strike for Stuttgart was gorgeous and perfectly placed. The Bara backup goalie didn't have a chance.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2007 at 21:04
It's great to see Eto'o again indeed.  I always thought they didn't even need Henry if Eto'o can stay healthy.  But hey, Henry for 16 million ain't a bad investment.  Hey, Kaysaar, any inside info on when Deco's coming back?

Biggest surprise of the last matches of the group stage is Bremen losing to Olympiakos.  I guess you can't really call it a surprise since Olympikos beat them convincingly in both games home and away against Bremen.  I never thought that Schalke would be the only German team made into the next round.

I'm so happy that Fenerbahce made into next round too.   But it's not  a big surprise for me and Hidden Face.  Alex played like a monster.  I hope Dunga gives him another look at the Brazilian national team.  I would love to see Robinho and Alex together.

Speaking of Brazilian national team, how about that Luis Fabiano.  He's leading the Champs League with 7 goals so far.   If Dunga's willing to give Alfonso a chance for leading the Dutch league last season, he should give Fabiano a serious look at that #9 spot.   Actually, coming out of Sao Paulo, Fabiano was more touted than Robinho, Diego, Elano, Renato or Oliveira.
Sevilla fell out of La Liga contention already but that means they can focus on the Champs League more.  And boy, they know how to win a tournament.   I'm not saying they are gonna win the Champs League but I wouldn't be surprised if they made into the semi final.

Arsenal is little banged up aren't they.  Still they are one of the best teams so far along with Barca, Real Madrid and Man Utd.  They've already had  an undefeated season in EPL and made to the Champs League final in recent years.  Only thing Wenger has left to do is to lift that Champs League trophy.

Out of Italy I still like Roma better than either Inter or AC Milan.  David Suazo impresses me though and Ibrahimovic is a monster.  But Inter always looks like a mercenary team that locks that grit of typical Italian team. 

Liverpool and Chelsea are little too inconsistent at this point but both can turn it around, more so for Liverpool.
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2007 at 21:06

I never thought that Schalke would be the only German team made into the next round.

tell me. Ouch they're actually the worst of the three, damn bastards.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 14:35

It's great to see Eto'o again indeed.  I always thought they didn't even need Henry if Eto'o can stay healthy.  But hey, Henry for 16 million ain't a bad investment.  Hey, Kaysaar, any inside info on when Deco's coming back?

Arsenal is little banged up aren't they.  Still they are one of the best teams so far along with Barca, Real Madrid and Man Utd.  They've already had  an undefeated season in EPL and made to the Champs League final in recent years.  Only thing Wenger has left to do is to lift that Champs League trophy.

Rikjaard listed Deco as a sub for the last two games, and he played 45 minutes against Deportivo La Corua last weekend. He picked up where he left off with a yellow card Wink

Arsenal lost this past weekend to Middlesborough in the EPL.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2007 at 07:56
Originally posted by Temujin

I never thought that Schalke would be the only German team made into the next round.

tell me. Ouch they're actually the worst of the three, damn bastards.

a red-letter-day for your friend Komnenos.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 08:29
Hi to everyone. I'm new at this forum so I don't know what exactly goes on here. Can anyone (maybe a moderator) post all the 16 teams who continue to 2nd round. Simply to know what's going on now on Champions League ???
Thanks, the japanese.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 08:57
Originally posted by the japanese

Hi to everyone. I'm new at this forum so I don't know what exactly goes on here. Can anyone (maybe a moderator) post all the 16 teams who continue to 2nd round. Simply to know what's going on now on Champions League ???
Thanks, the japanese.

Well You can always check those teams at the uefa.com

Porto
Liverpool
Olympiakos
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Lyon
Inter Milan
Fenerbahce
Chelsea
Schalke
Milan
Celtic
Manchester United
Roma
Sevilla
Arsenal

King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 18:38
Originally posted by Kaysaar

Rikjaard listed Deco as a sub for the last two games, and he played 45 minutes against Deportivo La Corua last weekend. He picked up where he left off with a yellow card Wink

Arsenal lost this past weekend to Middlesborough in the EPL.

Good, Deco's back.  I missed La Liga last two weeks.  I think Barca will be fine without Messi if Eto'o and Deco's healthy.   Barca was the best team in the world  with Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Deco being their best players.  Since then Messi seems to be their best and most beloved player now but they can score with any 3 of 4 combination of Eto'o, Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho.  You can even throw in Giovanni and Bojan into that mix but no matter who the front threes are the fourth man playing behind all of them has to be Deco.  Iniesta and Xavi tried to fill his shoes while he was out and they performed respectably but not at the level Deco can. 

Yes Arsenal lost but I meant their undefeated season EPL 4 years ago.  That's why losing a game don't bother Wenger as much this season.  He doesn't need another undefeated season in EPL(though it would've been nice thing to achieve again), this year's team is going for both EPL and Champs League trophy. 
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 19:44
You don't want to miss La Liga this weekend... FC Bara vs. Real Madrid!

Vamos Bara!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2007 at 18:29
Thanks, dear "axeman", for posting the 16 teams.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2007 at 00:48
Here we go with the matchups:

Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Man Utd
Schalke 04 v FC Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiacos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v FC Sevilla

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2007 at 06:54
Ok, hope Porto will do a good job!
And Celtic as well!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2007 at 11:34
Olympiakos has 2 really difficult games with Chelsea but Takis Lemonis is a very good coach and I think the team will try to go well. With the right tactic the Greek team can have a possibility to pass in the next round.......
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2007 at 15:24
Boo to Celtic! Vamos Bara!
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2007 at 19:02

Both teams are my favourite. Let the better win.
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 06:30

no, let Celtic win

Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2007 at 10:55
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

no, let Celtic win

Ok, let the worse win and in Poland-Germany game in Euro 2008 as wellBig%20smile.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 22:55
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

no, let Celtic win

My Bara beat Celtic in Scotland! Messi had two goals, including a nice chip shot over the Celtic goalie and Henry curled a gorgeous shot into the goal. Bara finally showed the scoring touches and brilliance that they should have been showing all season.
Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2008 at 20:55
Fenerbahe rules.They got Sevilla!!
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>