Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 2007/08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champions League 2007/08
    Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 20:28
Thanks for the reply, Hidden Face.  That's really too bad for Appiah.  Fener has really something special brewing this season and he should stay put with them to be a part of putting them in another level.  I hope it works out for the best of the club and for him. 
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 21:21
Totally agree, King. Fener has at least 3 top level players who can easily play in giant teams at the moment: Appiah, Alex de Sousa, Deivid. You know Appiah came to Fenerbahce from Juventus, which is giant also. Appiah is currently 27 and he has at least 6 more seasons in his football career. And I am pretty sure Appiah will have gone to a top club in Europe one day. But why now? While the team created such a good atmosphere, go and play your game. You can go anywhere you want the next season.

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2007 at 23:03
Appiah has some sort of a problem with club management if I'm not mistaken.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2007 at 19:33
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

Totally agree, King. Fener has at least 3 top level players who can easily play in giant teams at the moment: Appiah, Alex de Sousa, Deivid. You know Appiah came to Fenerbahce from Juventus, which is giant also. Appiah is currently 27 and he has at least 6 more seasons in his football career. And I am pretty sure Appiah will have gone to a top club in Europe one day. But why now? While the team created such a good atmosphere, go and play your game. You can go anywhere you want the next season.

I didn't know he was only 27.  I thought he was older because he already played for an elite club as you've mentioned.  I thought his career was on the way down but I guess not.  I do remember him from his Juventus days.  I think he was paired up with Edgar Davids and then Emerson in the central defensive midfield.  I think their game rubbed off on him a lot, though he might have even better ball controlling ability.  That's why I see him as more of a Seedorf type.  With hard workers like Nedved and Camoranesi playing in front of them, it was really hard to get anything through that midfield.   Along with Essien and Gyan, Appiah was also  major reason that Ghana made a strong showing in last World Cup.  I was laughing when people called Ghana beating U.S. was an upset.

When a player moves from an elite leagues to Turkey or Greece, they automatically see that as a demotion and wright them off by saying their careers are on a down slope.  Of course there is some truth in that, but not necessarily for every case.   Good example would be Anelka.  Sure he's no longer playing for clubs like Real Madrid,  Arsenal, PSG or even Man City  but after playing for Fenerbahce now he's back in EPL with Bolton and he's having strong start for the new season netting 5 goals in 8 games, second in the league, though Bolton is struggling.   That's it though, is it better to play for a good team in Turkey or Greece, or play for a bad team in England, Italy, Spain or Germany?  You would have better chance playing in Champs League if you are in Turkey or Greece.  I'm not saying Fenerbahce should have kept Anleka by no means.  I don't think they need him for the squad they have right now anyway.  I'm just saying playing for Fenerbahce is much better career move than let's say playing for L.A. Galaxy like Beckham.  Then again $250 million is no chump change either.

If Deivid keeps this up, not only he will draw some attention from bigger clubs, he might even get Dunga's attention for Brazilian national team.  Dunga's giving Vagner Love a shot, why not Deivid?

Roberto Carlos not the best any more but still one of the best.  Alex de Sousa already had his chance with the national team but he might get another one after this season.  Kezman is surely not the same Kezman I used to see in PSV but I think he's still good enough to play for bottom clubs in bigger league.  I also think Lugano is one of the best defenders in the world.  Being a Santos fan it's not easy giving a Sao Paulo product much credit but I would take him over his fellow Uruguayan Cordoba who's been with Inter Milan for years. 

Overall I would say Fenerbahce has 5-6 players who are good enough to play for top clubs.  Maybe because they are ready to be one of the top clubs themselves?  If they can keep this up in the Champs League they will change the perception of how other clubs see them.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 18:13
i hope Stuttgart at least beats Lyon, otherwise Stuttgart really has let me down, the current performance in the Bundesliga makes me cry... Cry

but i really doubt they make it, given the logn list of injured... Dead

Edited by Temujin - 23-Oct-2007 at 18:14
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 20:34
Ugh... uneventful first half for Barca - Rangers.

Blind refs completely missed a blatant and obvious handball that would have been a Barca penalty.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 22:38

Watching the Dynamo Kiev vs. Man U game right now, 28 minutes in Man beating Kiev 2-0

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 00:16
seven nil arsenal!! brilliant
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 00:23

wow

Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 13:48
One thing that has annoyed me so far is how well Rangers are doing.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 10:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxB9gNUPKw

Wow, Robinho!  I wonder if Real Madrid will let him throw a wild party after that performance.

He sets up the opening goal by making a through pass to Van Nistelrooy, VN's touch rickashades off the keeper, Raul cherry picks.
Olympiakos lose a man to a little harsh red card.  With a man up and a goal up Real goes little conservative.
Olympiakos counters with two goals to go up one.
Robinho ties with a header.  Who knew that little guy can finish with his head like that? 
Robinho does gazillion step-over combo, walks into the box and get a penalty.  VN overshoots the penalty. 
Robinho scores the winning goal with a brilliant outside foot shot.
Robinho assists the last goal after breaking a run on the right flank.

Robinho, 2 goals 1(2) assist, 3 shots 3on target, 1 penalty earned
Van Nistelrooy + Sneijder, O goals, 1 assist, 11shots on goal 3on target, 1 penalty missed, 1 offside, 1 red card caused.

Come on, I'm just saying.....  No, Real Madrid doesn't need to build  their offense around  Robinho.  Are you crazy?  Robinho just hogs up the ball and flops all the time.  He can't handle the pressure of playing for European elite club, man.  That's why he's gotta throw wild parties to escape from the pressure.  He doesn't have his priorities straight.  Plus, how can an elite club with  great tradition like Real Madrid to trust their future with an immature  little party boy like him.  He's not even  suited for the European game anyway.  He will just be an overrated role player with a couple of flashy showoff tricks but they are not as effective as they look good.  What's wrong with Dunga?  He should be playing guys like Ronaldo, Adriano, Juninho instead of Robinho.  Come on, I'm just saying.....

Alright,  perhaps  a good performance against  Olympiakos  with a man advantage  isn't that impressive.    But considering how bad Real looked without Robinho against Espanol few days ago and how Olympiakos looked good beating Bremen, I guess it's serviceable.Wink

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 26-Oct-2007 at 10:37
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 10:49
Originally posted by Parnell

It annoys me too.  I'm actually downright disturbed.  But I gotta give Scottish football some respect this year.  Rangers are undefeated in Champs League, Celtic beats AC Milan, Scots are in the thick with Italy and France for the EuroCup qualifying.....
If it keeps this way, Mel Gibson should make Braveheart II.
'....Everyman dies, but not everyman truly lives....    ......You can die on your feet or die on your knees........   .......Freedom!' 
I can't get enough of that, for sure.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 11:02
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Wow, Robinho!

Don't remind me, this b*stard and the Spanish goalkeeper totally destroyed my night!Ouch
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 19:15

Originally posted by Parnell

It annoys me too.  I'm actually downright disturbed.  But I gotta give Scottish football some respect this year.  Rangers are undefeated in Champs League, Celtic beats AC Milan, Scots are in the thick with Italy and France for the EuroCup qualifying.....
If it keeps this way, Mel Gibson should make Braveheart II.
'....Everyman dies, but not everyman truly lives....    ......You can die on your feet or die on your knees........   .......Freedom!' 
I can't get enough of that, for sure.

Why does it annoy you?  Parnell i can understand but you?

Anyway there wont be a Braveheart II, the original has officially been banned in Scotland. Clap
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 19:55
Come on, if I can make fun of Scottish teams what other teams I can make fun of?  Just kidding.Tongue  I do have hard time giving Celtic much credit because of my Korean heritage and their best player Nakamura(I would rather think he's doing well in a bad league) but Rangers looks legit this year.  Just for pure speed, Beasley's gotta be one of the most fast player in the world.  You just kick it out in to left corner and he will go out and get that for you more times than not.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 04:14
I'm content - Bara clinched their advancement to the knockout stages by yielding a draw to Lyon. Juninho scored twice for Lyon while Andres Iniesta and Leo Messi each scored for Barcelona. Eric Abidal had a sloppy tackle which set up Juninho's tying goal. 
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 06:20

Come on, if I can make fun of Scottish teams what other teams I can make fun of?  Just kidding.Tongue  I do have hard time giving Celtic much credit because of my Korean heritage and their best player Nakamura(I would rather think he's doing well in a bad league) but Rangers looks legit this year.  Just for pure speed, Beasley's gotta be one of the most fast player in the world.  You just kick it out in to left corner and he will go out and get that for you more times than not.

Nakamura is Japanese though. Mon the HoopsThumbs%20Up.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 18:47
most importantly Stuttgart doesn't quit champiosnleague without a well deserved win. Smile
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2007 at 21:25
congrats Bremen, a nice week for the German clubs Clap
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 18:53
Originally posted by Majkes

Nakamura is Japanese though. Mon the HoopsThumbs%20Up.

Precisely.  That is why I have hard time giving him or his team any credit.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>